10+ Year Old Account
    3 points in DI gives you like 150 mana raid buffed and like .05% crit. It's a waste of talent points, whereas Healing Light makes your FoL's and such, which you should be using some since you're a pally, better.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

the number of fol situations are so limited i would argue its personal preference

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you think its limited or not, its dozens of times more useful than 150 useless mana and a miniscule amount of spell crit that might be worth like 1 dps.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Whether you think its limited or not, its dozens of times more useful than 150 useless mana and a miniscule amount of spell crit that might be worth like 1 dps.
    I'm curious to ask. Does spell damage effects such as chaos bane/life steal from bryntroll benefit from that spell crit?

Mostly just curious And about that +10% int vs More healing on fol+30% less fear. I would go 10% int if my guild is progressing on lich king 25 hc. And use the fol+30% fear if my guild progress through everything. BQL etc.

I just don't see any benefit from throwing in a fol and feared less time on a fight like lich king. It's a dps race so you don't really have time support healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If one/multiple of your infest healers gets picked up by valk(s), youd best have healing light so you can offheal that shit and not die. Plus, what is that 250 mana really gonna do for you? Not that much in the long run.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If one/multiple of your infest healers gets picked up by valk(s), youd best have healing light so you can offheal that shit and not die. Plus, what is that 250 mana really gonna do for you? Not that much in the long run.
    So what are that 30% less fear time gonna give you when the boss can't even fear?

What is those holy light gonna support with compared to a real healer? Whats the odds of having 3 healers picked up? Also tanks got cds if that happens.

Edit: And you don't really have time to stand there and start healing when people are grabbed. You gotta push all out dps on those valkyrs.
    Last edited by Xart; 2010-09-17 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't talking about the fear reduction talent in that specific example, only healing light. The bonus healing from your FoL's and the subsequent sheath procs, will be a lot mroe useful in a fight where you have raid damage out the ass instead of 250 mana which isnt enough to cast anything except like CS.

Edit: To clarfiy my opinions, UF is much less useful than healing light, though the 2 points you can put in it would help out more overall (outside of icc included) than 2 points in DI, which is even more useless than the 99% useless 5 points in it is.
    Last edited by Fredzilla; 2010-09-17 at 07:03 AM.

UF is only useful for BQL in ICC and only if you don't have a shaman in your group and are not human => you can spec 2/5 DI over that.

Healing Light on the other hand is more about how you play your paladin.
    So if you find yourself running out of mana even though you use DP whenever you have a free GCD, and aren't using any heals (that are usually the main source of mana problems) it may be better to pick DI up.
    If you actually find yourself using FoL once in a while (keeps me dpsing on Sindragosa without relying on my horrible healers) and/or don't have any mana problems (like me with 10k mana due to 2 mail items) you're better off speccing into healing light and learning how and when to use it.

Deleted
    UF/DI are just filler talents to get to aura mastery. UF is marginally useful for LDW when a fearer (lock/priest) or disorienter (rogue) gets MC'd , and rather useful for BQL for the aforementioned reasons. it is also useful outside of ICC, mostly in HoR (Falric), ToC and ToGC (grand champions) and some other heroics and raids. also relatively useful for random world PvP and the random BG some people do every few days. the only reason you need to take them is because A) aura mastery is so damn good and B) the only other talent that you could take to get there is pushback reduction, which is ALWAYS useless for ret. yes, i know, you could probably come up with some PvE reasoning for why you should take that pushback reduction, but we can overall agree that any reasons would be so farfetched as to be totally inane.

If your disc priest gets picked and several people are missing shields simple FoL's aren't gonna help against infest, only way to save that is hymms, aura masterys and divine guardians, it simply deals way too much damage for fol to be of any use, sindra halion and LDW usually were the only fights i used instant Fol's when i got too many stacks but with the 30% buff it's near impossible to die.

Only fight i really use it these days is halion to take some pressure of the healers when you get consumption.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    If your disc priest gets picked and several people are missing shields simple FoL's aren't gonna help against infest, only way to save that is hymms, aura masterys and divine guardians, it simply deals way too much damage for fol to be of any use, sindra halion and LDW usually were the only fights i used instant Fol's when i got too many stacks but with the 30% buff it's near impossible to die.

Only fight i really use it these days is halion to take some pressure of the healers when you get consumption.
    Not sure I would go that far I have definitely assisted with FoL heals on HLK more then once and even during infest every little bit of extra healing in a bad situation helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Not sure I would go that far I have definitely assisted with FoL heals on HLK more then once and even during infest every little bit of extra healing in a bad situation helps.
    Yeah it's enough to top up a few players, which is really helpful especially in 10 man.

when is exodus transferring to mag?

also, I honestly only FoL on Heroic LK in the Frostmourne Realm if I get hit by a bomb (hardly ever) so I hardly use it, or during infest. Sometimes on Heroic Halion like when I have the debuff and my rocket boots aren't up.

But it is soley based on your playstyle.

Deleted
    FoL might not be enough, but HL might be. it has a 166% coefficient. i wanted to take requital's SP number, but she is in PvP gear. i'll take mine then. raidbuffed, i have (2,361+280) 2641 SP. so an average heal of (5166+2641*1.66)*1.06 = 10.1K. for the record, FoL heals for (832+2641)*1.06 = 3681. that's 1/3. if we compare cast times (i have 397 haste rating, which is 15.74% spell haste), FoL cast time is 1.5/(1.1574*1.05*1.03) = 1.20s while HL is 2.5/(1.1574*1.05*1.03) = 2s.

best case scenario on 25 heroic: infest deals 17.5K, 11K after resists (assuming your raid burned an AM, which you should if your disc gets picked up). health pools with 30% buff are about 40K. if you time your heal to land in the second after infest hits, you won't have issues with it, since that 10.1K turns into 13.1K, which heals for more than infest hits.
    worst case scenario: infest deals 20K, no resists. this means the target is at 50%. your first heal lands directly after infest hits and brings them up to 83%. follow up with an instant FoL for 4.7K. end result: if you are lucky, you heal to 37.8K, barely outhealing infest. if you had that 1.12 multiplier, your HL healed for 14.7K and your FoL heals for 5.3K, topping them off.
    this stays consistent with all reasonable HP pools. normal heals get there, but the 12% healing tops them off, which means that you have more room for error.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ammor View Post
    when is exodus transferring to mag?

also, I honestly only FoL on Heroic LK in the Frostmourne Realm if I get hit by a bomb (hardly ever) so I hardly use it, or during infest. Sometimes on Heroic Halion like when I have the debuff and my rocket boots aren't up.

But it is soley based on your playstyle.
    Don't know for sure on the Transfer but someone has my name QQ
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Don't know for sure on the Transfer but someone has my name QQ
    Are you guys staying Horde?

alliance imo, i want wintergrasp more. + faster BG que's = amazingnngng

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys staying Horde?

alliance imo, i want wintergrasp more. + faster BG que's = amazingnngng
    I think most of that depends on Racials

I think most of that depends on Racials
    Yeah, I heard some already transferred, but most are waiting till Cata or something,

Just wondering why are you even transferring to Mag? I know its a decent server, but never heard anything wrong with Ysondre, had a former guildie go their that I still talk to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I heard some already transferred, but most are waiting till Cata or something,

Just wondering why are you even transferring to Mag? I know its a decent server, but never heard anything wrong with Ysondre, had a former guildie go their that I still talk to.
    Ysondre is AWFUL 2 GDKP runs weekly are held and of the 50 people 30-40 are Exodus alts. There are literally 0 competent teammates for arena. OMG it's soooo bad I can't wait to get off it.

i thought this derailment had ended a few pages back...
    here is where it was moved http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ent-discussion
    enjoy