Quote Originally Posted by Fride View Post
    Getting the T11 legs and using pvp gloves is ok to use until 4PT11 right? Because that's what I plan on doing. Other than that, is there a better way I could reforge my gear?
    Link is in my sig
    It says you have T11 gloves already, and I've heard reports that the 5% CS dmg isn't working correctly atm. Your reforging looks pretty good. You are under expertise cap even with the glyph, but that's easily solvable as I see you just got HoR. Also, get the tanking cloak from exalted Hyjal rep, as it is far superior to yours, and just reforge the parry/dodge (cant remember which) off to hit or something. Other than that, not bad given you still have a few blue pieces.

Also, get rid of Glyph of Consecrate IMO. I personally use CS, Salv, and DV or Rebuke. HoW isn't as much of an issue for me now.

8.5/10 given what you have, you're going in the right direction.

I've already been rated a few pages back, so no need for next poster to do so.
    Last edited by rulk; 2011-02-09 at 11:34 PM.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Rulka, your setup is faily good but you have alot of wasted stats. You have too much expertise, if you use the glyph of seal of truth you will get 10 expertise. I am pretty sure 24 is the cap. With your 18 + glyph you will be at 28 so you can spare about 4 expertise. You need to reforge some of those into mastery (Which is our best stat now). Other than that nice gear.

7/10

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rayvenn/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kroniclez View Post
    Rulka, your setup is faily good but you have alot of wasted stats. You have too much expertise, if you use the glyph of seal of truth you will get 10 expertise. I am pretty sure 24 is the cap. With your 18 + glyph you will be at 28 so you can spare about 4 expertise. You need to reforge some of those into mastery (Which is our best stat now). Other than that nice gear.

7/10

I can't imagine you raid in full pvp gear
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Redoing some of my gear for the new patch stacking mastery and what not. Still need to reforge my haste> Mastery but I ran accross Umbriss Band (Heroic) since I am a gear hog and keep all types in my bank (good thing considering the mastery change)...

So it has 40 less strength than other DPS rings but has great hit and mastery on it. I pretty much have all the heroic DPS rings, but looking at this beauty with all that mastery, is it viable for me to use?

My armory: (can't link it since I am new, but look me up Varkolak-Blackrock)

10+ Year Old Account
    Strength is better than every other stat by a large margin. That's why people often use tank gear - because it has more strength. Losing strength, unless its a minuscule single digit number in exchange for a lot of secondary stats, is a terrible, terrible idea.

Is it better to replace Geordan's Cloak with Wrap of the Great Turtle tanking cloak ? Sorry i cant post links atm. Also would the BH rep trinket yield more dps over m current trinkets ?

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes to the cloak, no to the trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by kroniclez View Post

7/10

It's 26 not 24 for expertise. So yes I am 2 over the cap, nothing a tad of reforging can't change.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^rulk has been rated many times D:

Back again in need of some help with reforging my gear if possible and future gear choices. I got those legs from al'akir but i originally planned on getting T11 legs whenever possible so I'm not sure what to do now. I don't think there is anything I can do about my expertise at the moment so...should I buy the valor ring instead of T11 legs? Armory link is in my sig.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should go to BRC and try to get Raz's Pauldrons (Hit/Mastery) to drop some expertise.

If getting your 4set is somewhere in your immediate future I would save for the tier legs, they are best in slot. If you can afford it, the BoE Bleauvelt's Family Crest has the same stats as the Valor ring.

^ Everything looks perfect to me lol -_-

My main spec is Prot but I have decided to step down from being a MT to OT/Dps for 1 tank bosses so I'm taking Ret more seriously. Here's is what I'm using now. I know I'm missing a meta gem. I got the helm yesterday and I'm waiting on my str/crit meta. Also I'll have the Valor relic after 1 more daily or boss kill lol.

Quote Originally Posted by killuchen View Post
    ^ Everything looks perfect to me lol -_-

My main spec is Prot but I have decided to step down from being a MT to OT/Dps for 1 tank bosses so I'm taking Ret more seriously. Here's is what I'm using now. I know I'm missing a meta gem. I got the helm yesterday and I'm waiting on my str/crit meta. Also I'll have the Valor relic after 1 more daily or boss kill lol.
    forget about the relic, get tier pieces asap, enchant 50 str on bracers if you can afford it and if you're wealthy get a fury of angerforge or DMC: H
    no enchant on cloak, but since it's a tank cloak meh, i think theres an epic tanking cloak with mastery from rep somewhere, try to get that

if you put a 40str in your shoulders you should be perfectly capped

7/10
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 engineering is win, good amount of mastery.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...turos/advanced

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

Link in sig. Cant post links yet
    Main- Mage
    Alt- DK
    Alt's alt- Pally

Quote Originally Posted by xVizual View Post
    Link in sig. Cant post links yet
    Gear:
    ~ Try to get the Vicious pvp gauntlets, it's a big upgrade, especially with the legguards, and still BiS on it's own.
    + You've obviously got what you can outside of raids. Nothing horrible out of place here.
    + Great trinkets.

Stats:
    - Reforge into hit/exp caps (961 hit, 481 expertise with Glyph of Seal of Truth). Priority one.
    - After hit/exp cap, reforge everything else into Mastery, and then Crit.

Gems:
    - Upgrade to Reveberating Shadowspirit meta when possible.
    - I would consider using your JC Gems into your Belt of the Ferocious Wolf, as it's unlikely you'll upgrade this anytime soon.
    - With the exception of your chest, replace all your hybrid gems with Bold Inferno Ruby's.

Enchants:
    - Landslide > Avalanch > Hurricane. You might not be able to afford Landslide, but you should be able to afford Avalanch.
    - Replace boots with +50 Mastery
    + Your other enchants are fine for your gear level.

Glyphs:
    - Get rid of Glyph of Judgement. Glyph of Seal of Truth is your #1 glyph and a must have.
    - Replace Glyph of Crusader strike with Glyph of Exorcism.
    ~ Consider Glyph of Divine Protection if you are looking to raid. There's alot of situations where mitigating magic damage is a big deal.
    + Rest of glyphs ok

Professions:
    - Tinker Synapse Springs to Gloves.
    ~ Parachute to cloak. It's free.
    + Nitro boosts. Debatable, but I like them the most.

Rating:
    7/10
    With the exception of your hit and expertise caps, your gear is pretty good for not raiding. Your next biggest upgrade is the vicious pvp gloves, and your str meta. Work on your reforging (and consider hit cogwheel to more easily hit cap, don't replace good enchants) and you'd be raid ready.
    Last edited by Kiririn; 2011-02-13 at 10:14 AM.

9/10 Pretty nice PvP set!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alarcyn/simple

With a guild that refuses to start raiding any time soon and my terrible luck at getting weapons, I think I'm pretty well off right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering our new stat-weights in 4.0.6, I'd say 6.5/10.

You really need much more mastery, and you're currently 3 short of the expertise cap.

Also, it appears to be a bug, but my relic is indeed gemmed with +40 Strength.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abulous/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    Considering our new stat-weights in 4.0.6, I'd say 6.5/10.

You really need much more mastery, and you're currently 3 short of the expertise cap.

Also, it appears to be a bug, but my relic is indeed gemmed with +40 Strength.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abulous/simple
    -1 Herbalism
    -.5 Reforge your swords crit to Mastery.
    -1 for Enchanting hands and wrists with Expertise, you should be reforging for those stats as STR is better then expertise, or crit even on wrists and 35STR on hands.

7.5/10