Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Deam%C3%B8n

I use the 264 Relikt and the 264 Frost Trinket only on a few bosses, most of the time I use
    the ones from the armory. I found them much better on bosses like Queen, Prof or Sindragosa, as the
    264 can easily run off.

Should I gem str + haste?
    What about haste on the cloak?
    And is the rest ok?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crush84
    Should I gem Str + Haste?
    no

...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr
    I would get the vengful noose leather belt off the badge vendor, I would also get Fleshrending Gauntlets since you'll want Taij and that will solve the over hit cap problem you'll tun into. Otherwise looks pretty good.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Ryevin

Quote Originally Posted by Ryevin
    I would get the vengful noose leather belt off the badge vendor, I would also get Fleshrending Gauntlets since you'll want Taij and that will solve the over hit cap problem you'll tun into. Otherwise looks pretty good.
    gloves + taij are planed as soon as they drop.

but why on earth would i want to use an item with agi and arpen that gimps my expertise at the same time?
    even if it was a dps upgrade it wouldn't use it, but rawr shows it as a decrease of 51 dps!

gloves + taij are planed as soon as they drop.

but why on earth would i want to use an item with agi and arpen that gimps my expertise at the same time?
    even if it was a dps upgrade it wouldn't use it, but rawr shows it as a decrease of 51 dps!
    from the EJ forums- http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t84213-r...s_lists_3_3_a/

"The reason that agility gear is often better than strength gear is that it has five stats instead of four. With the way that blizzard itemization works having more of a stat on an item makes it cost more in itemization budget, Thus items with five stats get more overall stats. If one of them is sub optimal it can still lead to that piece providing more dps overall." - wcwraith

"The other reason that plate is generally worse for damage is that plate has more stamina. This is an advantage, but it is extremely difficult to measure and certainly not worth the tradeoff of losing other stats. I expect that if plate pieces just had the same stamina as leather and had the excess points shoved into good stats we would want to use plate primarily, but that is not the case." -Redcape

switching glyphs and and belts should net you around 60 dps gain, rather substantial.

imo glyph of vengance has always been crap. i'm not going to gimp myself on fights where i have to use soc, just to get a whooping 19 dps more on static fights.

esp not when some of the hardest fights (prof hm and lk) require soc.

imo glyph of vengance has always been crap. i'm not going to gimp myself on fights where i have to use soc, just to get a whooping 19 dps more on static fights.

esp not when some of the hardest fights (prof hm and lk) require soc.
    prof and lk do not require soc, you can use veng full time and do more total damage done(dps might slide a little, but the bottom line is really damage done at the end of a fight, not dps). the only fight I use soc on is dreamwalker and those adds im pretty sure arent 83 so it doesnt matter, and I ran your profile on rawr with your current gear and with the change I'm suggesting and its 60 dps gain.

if you use veng on prof(hm only) and lk then your just bad.

the add dps is very much needed on prof and you certainly won't be using veng on lk phase 2,3 and 4.
    neither dmg done at the end of the fight, nor dps matter.
    it matters that adds go down fast and no valkyrie drops one of your mates.

if you use veng on prof(hm only) and lk then your just bad.

the add dps is very much needed on prof and you certainly won't be using veng on lk phase 2,3 and 4.
    neither dmg done at the end of the fight, nor dps matter.
    it matters that adds go down fast and no valkyrie drops one of your mates.
    how much dps do you do when you get knocked back by a slime to putr or the slime? Rv and maybe a concs ticks.

6.5 dodge only applies to level 83 mobs.

Veng stacks will still tick for damage even while your not there

as for lk I would rather use a second spec with a glyph of righteousness and use that for valks then soc, valks are level 80, so 5% is all you should ever need

pls don't toss around "bad" comments, you asked about you gear on a rate forum then don't like what you get.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

prof and lk do not require soc, you can use veng full time and do more total damage done(dps might slide a little, but the bottom line is really damage done at the end of a fight, not dps). the only fight I use soc on is dreamwalker and those adds im pretty sure arent 83 so it doesnt matter, and I ran your profile on rawr with your current gear and with the change I'm suggesting and its 60 dps gain.
    Cleaving Valkyries is a good thing.

I use SoV in phase 1 for max DPS to the Lich King, SoC for Valkyries to 40%, then SoV from 40-10 and 10-0.
    Despite using SoC in the middle of the fight, glyph of SoV is still good to have. 10 expertise is far from useless on a boss.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

You should probably specify that you're using SoR for Valks in the 10man Lich King encounter. I believe there is only one Valkyrie that spawns, correct me if I'm wrong I don't do 10mans, but in the 25man version of the encounter there are three, making SoC a very effective seal to use.

15+ Year Old Account

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Jakerel

Send the dogs out on my then :P

Note: I missed like 4-5 weeks over Christmas due to having a crap ISP and loss of service, so it might seem I'm 'behind'
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled
    Cleaving Valkyries is a good thing.

I use SoV in phase 1 for max DPS to the Lich King, SoC for Valkyries to 40%, then SoV from 40-10 and 10-0.
    Despite using SoC in the middle of the fight, glyph of SoV is still good to have. 10 expertise is far from useless on a boss.
    my guild hasn't had an issue killing valks while im using sov (yes I switch to them and use sov on them). sov on arthas during valks phase will bring him down faster. less defiles/valks imo ftw. as long as you can cc/snare valks and kill them without it being sketchy then theres no point is using a lesser seal or swaping and burning gcds and losing dps.

I wouldnt say its wrong to use soc on lk for that phase, more of a preference.

SoV glyph is our second best glyph when you take advantage of it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, like I said, I've only done the Lich King in 25 player raids so perhaps it's different on 10. Being able to hit all three is a heck of a lot more useful than doing a lot of damage to one.

I'm not swapping my seal every time I go from Valks to the Lich King. I don't believe it's a DPS increase to burn a GCD and mana on what is usually a 15 minute fight to get 3 or 4 stacks of Holy Vengeance on LK before having to swap for Valks or prepare for defile.

You should probably specify that you're using SoR for Valks in the 10man Lich King encounter. I believe there is only one Valkyrie that spawns, correct me if I'm wrong I don't do 10mans, but in the 25man version of the encounter there are three, making SoC a very effective seal to use.
    very true.

and yes the valks may be lvl 80 and don't need 26 exp. but you certainly won't be switching back to sov to dps the lk inbetween the valks (unless you like to do less dps than with soc).

as for prof: sure knockback is a burden. but guess how much dps i do on that add if i stick to the prof?
    correct: 0, which is less than i do if i switch to the green and eat a knockback.

sure sov ticks will run on both prof and add if i use sov fulltime + switch, but i won't be able to refresh the stack on prof before the add goes down, resulting in less dps than using soc fulltime.

I personally don't use sor, and yes I was talking about 10 man.

sure I agree soc on 3 or more mobs would out preform sov but again the exp loss with soc up (using sov glyph under 26 exp) wouldn't drop dps enough to make getting exo glyph and natural exp a dps increase.

this has strayed from my point that vengful noose is bis and and upgrade for Skollvaldr

there will be the odd fight where a different gear set will out preform bis gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerel
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Jakerel

Send the dogs out on my then :P

Note: I missed like 4-5 weeks over Christmas due to having a crap ISP and loss of service, so it might seem I'm 'behind'
    same thing as the other post, I would go with the vengful noose belt and sov glyph. also the agi rep ring is 50 dps better then the str one(gg bliz for tooling this up).

I don't know how your funds are at but you could look into crafting some boots.

everything else looks pretty good as far as glyphs, enchants and gems.

this has strayed from my point that vengful noose is bis and and upgrade for Skollvaldr
    maybe in your oppinion. i like to look at my overall performance in 25 as top priority and therefor glyph of sov is not an option.

also: the noose is definately not bis, even with sov glyph. it won't be able to compete with 277 stuff.

buy belt for frost badge and resocket on STR

edit: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27thul&n=Briel