Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: druid tank- trinket 50 triumph emblems

That Armor-trinket is great. It increases effective health, its not random, and it decreases the damage that has to be healed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

So far with the T9+ items you gain enough dodge only by equipping the items that you can stack stamina. I was agi gemmed in Uldoor, and Ive changed my mind when I dodged 10x during Vezax's Surge of Darkness and I had 0 rage, then my kitty buddy pulled it over. Nuff said
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    i dont wana ruibn ya fun but any tanknig trinket that doesnt got stamina gives u a big disadvantage over other tanks
    I think the Greatness trinket disagrees with this statement

While I agree that Greatness is an amazing trinket, I also feel like I need to equip a Stam trinket in my other slot or I'll fall too low on health. And I don't think gemming Stam to compensate would be a sensible solution.

I was considering going from Heart of Iron to Black Heart but I dunno if that downgrade is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    While I agree that Greatness is an amazing trinket, I also feel like I need to equip a Stam trinket in my other slot or I'll fall too low on health. And I don't think gemming Stam to compensate would be a sensible solution.

I was considering going from Heart of Iron to Black Heart but I dunno if that downgrade is worth it.
    Yea I think the ideal setup would be Greatness + Stam trinket. Out of those 2 I would go with Greatness + Heart of Iron, in that package you get the dodge/crit/armor from the greatness along with the raw health from HoI with the on-demand dodge as well which would probably push you over 50% and combine that with Barkskin + SI + Frenzied Regen + Idol proc and you'll be a fiery red beast.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    I'm in the same place.  Rawr says Black Heart is enormously better; I like the armor proc, but I'm skeptical at how large the difference is.  It probably depends on the fight -- whether the dodge use is more valuable than the uncontrollable armor proc. It is a *ton* of armor though...

these are my current trinkets - dmc :g, and heart of iron. I've passed on the 10man dodge trinket from TOC, black heart, and not bought the 50emblem tank trinket. why? because unlike in naxx or even ulduar, in TOC 10 heroic/25 heroic, stacking stamina is basically completely necessary. bosses are hitting up to 40k hits, and if you only have a 45k health pool, basically you are virtually 1 shotted. I use the dmc:g because of the huge agility it gives, imo it works out better than any other trinket. it gives average 190 agility, = ~1.5-2% dodge (??), 380 armour, and a nice chunk of crit (savage defense + threat), whereas the armour trinket gives only 1750 armour, and some ondemand dodge rating. thats 1370 armour more, but less passive dodge.

i havent tested it, but I suspect it shares cooldown (or at least can't be on at same time) as heart of iron also.

it's a sad fact, and I feel so noobish, but basically in ToC 25 heroic, stamina > everything else.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by lilbandit
    these are my current trinkets - dmc :g, and heart of iron. I've passed on the 10man dodge trinket from TOC, black heart, and not bought the 50emblem tank trinket. why? because unlike in naxx or even ulduar, in TOC 10 heroic/25 heroic, stacking stamina is basically completely necessary. bosses are hitting up to 40k hits, and if you only have a 45k health pool, basically you are virtually 1 shotted. I use the dmc:g because of the huge agility it gives, imo it works out better than any other trinket. it gives average 190 agility, = ~1.5-2% dodge (??), 380 armour, and a nice chunk of crit (savage defense + threat), whereas the armour trinket gives only 1750 armour, and some ondemand dodge rating. thats 1370 armour more, but less passive dodge.

i havent tested it, but I suspect it shares cooldown (or at least can't be on at same time) as heart of iron also.

it's a sad fact, and I feel so noobish, but basically in ToC 25 heroic, stamina > everything else.
    Hmm, your comments are a bit contradictory. You say that stacking stamina is completely necessary, but then you take a dodge trinket over an armor one (which increases your effective health). IMO you should carry both - for fights like heroic Gormok who even in 10 man can melee + Impale for 40k+ along with Impale ticks of 7k you really need as much effective health as you can get - it really does make a difference for the healers. Then switch back to DMC:G for other fights without such large hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!