Some general PvP rogue advice

Ok, so standing at 1550 after 1 week of arena with a resto shaman partner. Can see as of now the comp does work (at the beginning, I had 134 resilience, him 600ish, it was just a "go and see how it feels"). Now I'd like to optimize my character. By optimize I mean :

Should I gear for full PvP ?
    - Is there a "resilience cap" ? Not game mechanics cap, but rather "ok I got XXX resilience, that's fine, no more".
    - If there is no need to gear for full resilience, then what pieces are to take in PvE ?

The weapons
    - Speed of the weapons ? By now I run with the 1.80 dagger from 10-man ToC, and a naa-10 1.50 shitty dagger as OH (couldn't yet find better :s)
    - What poisons should I use ? I use MS poison in MH, and distracting one in OH, is there any reason to change the MH/OH attribution ?

The template
    I run with http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...mmtqBWE,,10392 by now, see anything I should change ?

Other
    - Is the cloak enchant "10 agility + enhanced stealth" worth it ?
    - Berserker MH + titanium chain OH ok ?
    - Gems : Agility ? Agility/stam ? Resilience ? A bit lost here !
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Re: Some general PvP rogue advice

Wear 2x 1.8 Dagger, 2x WP (more dmg output because of proccchance)
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

No Mind-Numbing poison ? God, could have sworn it was better

Edit : Oh yeah, and by the way, I made a search for Shaman/Rogue comps in arenajunkies, picked some, and it seems quite alot are running 51/x/x or x/51/x... Should I aim for one of those ? (ie losing prep)
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

ya use mindnumbing MH/ Wound OH...
    "From the Shadows." -Lord Jurach Ravenholdt

MN poison will help nothing when you stick on rogues warris etc which do NOT cast :>

Yeah but in Priest/x teams, and sometimes Paladin/x teams, I find it so much more valuable to focus the healer... Shaman full purge, me and him interrupting, wound + MN poisons don't let them a chance !

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard

Should I gear for full PvP ?
    - Is there a "resilience cap" ? Not game mechanics cap, but rather "ok I got XXX resilience, that's fine, no more".
    - If there is no need to gear for full resilience, then what pieces are to take in PvE ?
    Hi Asgard !
    There is a resilience cap at 33% i.e. 1230 resilience rating !

Just prepare 2 Daggers 1 with WP one with MN for the OH and switch before opening :P
    HfB specc is nice against other rogues cuz of Master Poisoner, and the DMG output is higher than 41 5 25.
    Maybe they play it cuz there shamans are playing really offensive and go for a fast kill :P

imho

go with 2 1.8s ....2X wound poison and FULL AP gems
    as for the survivability use all PVP gear except trinkets with resilience.. maybe also use 1 PVE ring and/or neck

DO NOT gimp ur resilience to like 550 cz there are times you will get 3 shotted even by other rogue and you will be wondering why:P

so to recap... GO PVP gear aim for 800 resilience (with relentless off sets ofc that is )
    1,8 weaps with double wound poison
    FULL AP gemming
    berserking/titanium weapon chain is the way to go (if u have another 1.8 dagger available with berserking macro it so u switch it when u are against classes that can't disarm so u gain the benefits of an extra berserking:P

hope this helped

Use mind numbing on oh. Im finding myself not shivving anymore due to the energycost.
    With wound on mh, the poison will proc on finishers etc.

Dual wound is not the way to go, atleast not when theres a cleanser around. One more poison means one more cleanse before wound falls off.
    Always change poisons inside arena, if the opposition requires it.

In s6 I had around 700 resil (all furious parts) without socketing for it, and I can say it helps. Without it, any class can (and will) gibb you when that evasion/clos wears off. Only class that still can sink me fast is another rogue though. That goes both ways.
    Socket for attack power, berserking on mh titanium chain oh.

+stealth enchant on cloak is a MUST HAVE. Trust me ^^

How much hit should I aim for ??

How much hit should I aim for ??
    165 is the pvp hit "cap"

Oh and... As an engineer, I got myself these nice gloves enchant (extra 2k hit / 45sec), is it worth to take the gnomish generator trinket too ?

And about that 165 pvp hit cap, should I just go with it, or a bit more is better ?

Here's the general rundown:

Gem for full AP, put a +10 stat gem in your leg's blue gem (assuming you have pvp legs, if not put it where you'd get best socket bonus) and ignore all other socket bonuses.

Use double wound poison. Always, mind numbing is never worth it.

Go for -some- pve gear, and by some I mean 1-4, a good amount of resil to have is 700-850, but if you get to around 900-1100, you've probably gone overboard.

Berserking mainhand and wep chain offhand is the optimal setup.

Having an additional offhand with berserking/mind numbing is not worth it because you should be building your set around being hit capped with titanium wep chain's bonus.

Those 51/xx/xx specs you saw were hunger for blood, while it has a general advantage vs plate classes, it really isn't worth it vs other teams - so I'd say stick with 41/5/25

For other general questions about gearing/gemming/enchanting you can check my armory and see if it doesn't help - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndrius&n=Keiqq

Oh and... As an engineer, I got myself these nice gloves enchant (extra 2k hit / 45sec), is it worth to take the gnomish generator trinket too ?

And about that 165 pvp hit cap, should I just go with it, or a bit more is better ?
    aim for 205 imo... 165 is 0 practically even if its the so called cap

This has already been mentioned but DO NOT gem for anything except AP and what you need to meet the meta requirement. A +10 prismatic gem in your legs should take care of the meta. Obtain at least 165 hit rating to be hit capped. Put a titanium weapon chain on your offhand dagger, this well help some with the needed hit rating and keeps your downtime to a minimum when disarmed. Try to get a darkmoon card: death or a similar trinket along with the Titan-Forged Rune of Determination. Level Engineering and get your rocket gloves. For arenas download the Gladius addon and add Blind into one of the click actions. Basically gear as offensively as possible and let your gear give you the resilience.

my advice for PvP rogues: Dont PvP
    hate rogues that PvP's :P
    hit - and gone hit and gone so anoying
    and you will make so many peopple happy when they dont have an orgues versus themn in a bg xD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Icethea
    my advice for PvP rogues: Dont PvP
    hate rogues that PvP's :P
    hit - and gone hit and gone so anoying
    and you will make so many peopple happy when they dont have an orgues versus themn in a bg xD
    This is the reason why cool kids level one for them self
    Quote for reply