Mage pvp! From 0

Hi i've just started to play on my Mage again and I was wondering if anyone would like to help me out a little bit.

I was wondering what setup should i play in 2v2 and what spec, gems and all that from 0 because i'm a bit confused atm and i'm not really sure what I should buy or what talents I should use.
    I've tried Arcane and Frost and Frost seems to fit a bit better but i'm not sure I want to hear it from the pros .

Thanks S.

Re: Mage pvp! From 0

2v2 you can try a few different comps that are pretty fun and viable..

priest mage
    rogue mage
    feral mage
    death knight mage
    ret mage

Frost is usually the way to go .. arcane in my own opinion is for those who know how to survive through bursty times and still come out on top with out blowing ice block too early

20 / 0 / 51 Frost spec is usually the main spec

www.arenajunkies.com will give you more information

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jin&n=Kannetix

thats the frost and arcane specs i roll with - second one is abn's ArcShatter spec

frost has more control between nova's and your pet frostbolt and you get MS which is always a plus even tho its only a mini MS 20% ..

gear wise assuming you haven't played arena yet which judging by your first sentence you haven't id say run heroics or w/e you have to and get the Deadly Gladiator gear from the Conquest vendor i believe its about 45-60 badges a piece - then you have Furious gear that is from the Triumph vendor .. then theres the Winter grasp gear and ulduar / totc gear

so you have a pretty broad range of stuff to go for the WG Haste pants are amazing as well as bracers / ring - the trinket i have equipped with the 111 sp is also from WG

some will argue stack haste till about 500~ then go spell power .. some say go spell power till about 2200 then go haste id say while stacking either try and get a mix going check out some mages on Arenajunkies a lot have gone with +12 spell power / 10 haste gems Quick Ametrine i believe? which ill soon be going for as well

some mages throw in a couple resil gems .. i say you get enough resil just through gear and with the new gear from WG offpieces of relentless and relentless weapons you get an amazing amount of haste while also bringing your resil up

WALL OF TEXT HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope this helps a little bit

and to edit a little bit .. 2v2 is kinda meh seeing as how you cant get 2200 weapons nor shoulders or gladiator ..

3v3 can run a couple comps that are fun

RMP ( lol )
    priest lock mage
    sham lock mage (wizardcleave)
    druid rogue mage
    druid lock mage
    druid mage war
    priest hunter mage(annoying as hell to play this comp.. a lot of headaches)
    priest dk mage
    druid dk mage
    pally dk mage
    pally rogue mage

im sure there are more but .. those are some of the comps ive seen / run which are fun and viable if people dont have downs...

I'd focus on 3s as well. It's not really going to be worth it to run 2s.

And as was pointed out, farm your honor/marks and get your heroic gear where you can.

Generally advisable to skip the "lower tier" arena set for the higher if you've already got your heroics (or the previous season's top tier). Saves a lot of time/point farming.

Best of luck!
    Bill Gates could laugh in our faces and say "lol you're not Billionaires you suck at life lol" but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't, even if he is a dick to work for.
    -Bodi

I would recommend playing 3s. Do 2s if you need points ect while your gearing up but the end goal is definitely 3s and this purely because of balance. I play Mage/Rogue for my 2s team while i get my 3s team on its feet and playing without a healer you can definitely see just how OP healers are in this bracket. I've got a 2200 MMR in 3s from playing rogue/mage/druid and its still impossible to kill healers 1v1 at ~1900. You can say that 1v1 doesnt matter but about 1/2 the matches we play as mage rogue end up with me 1v1ing someone or with me 2v1ing and getting a kill on their DPS and I'm left to deal with the healer. Prot paladins seem to be the ones that i fight the most now and unless they make several dumb mistakes in a row (or sometimes 1 if they are completely out of cooldowns) they are unkillable.

In order to win as a 2xdps team you'll generally have to severely outplay your opponents. On the other hand... Mage/Priest is quite a good 2s team and I've even seen a couple of mage/druid teams tear it up so there are some options for 2s.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Awsome thanks for the tips this is what i've got so far since I posted the post and I just need help with sockets now :P What sockets should I buy if you compare with my stats? Thanks

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Frostyouhard

I'll give you the example that I go by. If my armory looked like this I'd just link it, unfortunately my account was perma-banned so I'm starting over (probably tomorrow, actually).

http://www.chardev.org/?template=260095

Get hit capped, 5%, don't worry about the individual racials - you can't account for them all the time and you'll be gimping yourself in other areas in the end.

Get spell pen capped (I believe it's 79 or 80) to negate MotW/pally auras - though pallies usually don't use frost aura too often.

Then focus on stam, spellpower, and haste.

Try to stick with a specific comp for a bit - either rmp (which will be your best bet in 3's as each of the three classes have a plethora of abilities, that's why the comp is so good. It isn't tard-strong against anything, but it's well-rounded enough to take on most other comps if each of the players plays their best). Your comp will determine your other stats to a degree. Ie, priests offer heals, once you're good enough at escaping insta-death you can rely more on them and less on stam, which will let you focus on more damage.

Some mage vids I recommend -

Xmo and XTK TCB - Great double Frost Mage vid, lots of funny moments as well.
    Saru and Tharbad - Another great double Frost Mage vid.
    Shaitann 1, 2, and 3 - Lots of good clips of both 1vN's and arena matches.
    Yololz 3 - Simply jaw-dropping.
    Saqe Frost 2 - it's a TBC vid, but he's the mage that inspired me to create my own. I wish I'd never deleted it. I try to download it almost daily, but it's hard to find seeds now.
    Vurtne 60-66 PvP - Awesome TBC vid. Still one of my favorites.

Feel free to message me if you need anything.
    Bill Gates could laugh in our faces and say "lol you're not Billionaires you suck at life lol" but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't, even if he is a dick to work for.
    -Bodi