Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Forest Song - Ashenvale

Quote Originally Posted by Anjin
    Forest Song will be a fully functioning - and kick ass - troll village. It will surround a small lake formed by night elf and draenei tears.
    I laughed. Just when the Draenei think they will finally get a little nowhere town of their own, BAM, horde take it over. I doubt it will be done though, it's prximity to the border of Azhara, which is the new Horde 1-15 zone would be bad. Partly because camping the bridge for lowbies to get to the next level zone would be retarded, and having a flight path so close to the Horde's main base of operation would be rather silly.

At least, those are my opinions.

Bezog

Quote Originally Posted by Zukiji
    There are more important matters at hand, like the completion of the bridge in Redridge.

:P
    Let's be honest, it's not going to survive the Cataclysm. That project will outlive humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite7x
    The horde is gonna own Ashenvale, so most likely it will be gone.
    And where did you read that? The fact that Astranar still is under attack points heavily towards that the Horde is trying to take Ashenvale, but is still fighting for it and do you seriusly belive the Night Elfs would simply give up Ashenvale?
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin Majere
    And where did you read that? The fact that Astranar still is under attack points heavily towards that the Horde is trying to take Ashenvale, but is still fighting for it and do you seriusly belive the Night Elfs would simply give up Ashenvale?

well no one just gives up their land, they get it taken from them of course. I'd be surprised if there's a full sized alliance outpost in Ashenvale. Blizz has yet to puy lvl 10-15's from both factions into the same zone for questing. Though it would be interesting if they did, might as well be a battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by PatheticNoob
    Thats not hardcore enough, your supposed to say, " A lake formed by night elf and draenei blood." Well I wouldnt mind if the horde captured it anyways, then itll be more fun taking it back.
    you don't take back towns with level 40 guards
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

15+ Year Old Account

I feel great when the Horde says they will take Stonetalon, Ashenvale, Azshara, Southshore. The reason why is that I can say the only thing the Alliance has done is burning down Camp Taurajo. Yey.

Quote Originally Posted by Runis707
    No, The Horde will fully own Ashenvale and Azshara
    That's impossible. I think they only gained a "temporary" (A.K.A in game forever) foothold. Ashenvale is the Night Elves' ancestral lands. It's theirs, so I doubt they'll just leave. I think... I think

THERE WILL BE BLOOD.
    Thanks, Boubie, for restoring my account!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    I feel great when the Horde says they will take Stonetalon, Ashenvale, Azshara, Southshore. The reason why is that I can say the only thing the Alliance has done is burning down Camp Taurajo. Yey.
    ye right

if you think the Horde will be the only only side gaining new territories you're deluding yourself.

at the end of the day there has to be balance.

there will be an equal number of horde and alliance zones and set number of contested zones as always.

Ashenvale will probably be a contested zone given it can't be a fully Horde zone because of WSG.

Alliance will probably own The Lower Barrens given they have 2 bases there (Bael Modan and Northwatch Hold) and it will be cut off from any help from Orgrimmar and the Tauren have seen fit to buld a defensive wall across the entrance to Mulgore.

have fun getting to WC, RFK and RFD an on to 2K Needles and the southern half of Kalimdor when you plod through an Alliance held zone to get there.

Desolace is also likely to go Alliance judging by pics (NElfs coming back a previously held zone historically) so have fun going to Maraudon too.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Ashenvale will probably be the level 20-30 zone for Night Elves and Draenei. But instead of fighting Satyrs and Furbolgs they'll be fighting Orcs and Goblins.

Of course, the Horde will have quests there too, but there's no way Bliz would give Horde a zone that close to two Alliance capitals.

If the Horde have taken over all of Ashenvale, then they'll all probably be NPCs and the questline will involve taking it back for the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe
    Ashenvale will probably be the level 20-30 zone for Night Elves and Draenei. But instead of fighting Satyrs and Furbolgs they'll be fighting Orcs and Goblins.

Of course, the Horde will have quests there too, but there's no way Bliz would give Horde a zone that close to two Alliance capitals.

If the Horde have taken over all of Ashenvale, then they'll all probably be NPCs and the questline will involve taking it back for the night elves.
    You mean just like how(right now) Ashenvale is mainly allaince controlled and we are just 1 zone away from two horde started areas.

The allaince has a record of not gaining land till the end of the wars or near the end. They mainly lose land or hold it in the early parts of the war.

Sure allaince is gaining stuff too. they are gaining a base, in the barrens. Oh fun.

and Desolace and probably Feralas and probably Stromgarde Keep in Arathi.

contrary to what you might want to believe there no way everything is going to go all 'for the Horde'

the game simply isn't made like that.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Logic.
    If the Horde is conquering all of Ashenvale, and taking over every single Night Elven camp, there won't be much place for quests except for killing animals.
    More logical, there will be Alliance settlements in Ashenvale, fighting the expanded Warsong Lumber Camp etc. Makes no sense to expand the Camp - which is already huge, and making it even less useful than it's now.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    and Desolace and probably Feralas and probably Stromgarde Keep in Arathi.

contrary to what you might want to believe there no way everything is going to go all 'for the Horde'

the game simply isn't made like that.
    No one ever said "it's going all for the horde".

We are talking about ONE zone going from an allainced favored zone(form blizzards website before they took down the old world map) to mainly a Horde favored zone.

One zone switching sides, totally possible.

Oh and Kalimdor has always been horde favored in WoW just like how Eastern Kingdoms have always been Allaince Favored. In Classic wow it was a nightmare for Horde to level in Eastern just like it was a nightmare for allaince to level in Kalimdor.

Allaince complained about the 10 Flight paths horde had for Kalimdor when horde had 20-30 all connected to a central hub.
    Horde complained about the 10 Flight paths allaince had for eastern when allaince had 20-30 all connected to a central hub.

Yes right now in WotLK travle for both sides have improved on Kalimdor and Eastern but it still sucks if you are allaince on Kalidor or horde on Eastern.

Kalimdor will stay horde favored while Eastern will stay Allainced Favored. It has been that wy through WotLK and I really don't think blizzard is going to change that. Blizzards idea of balance (which I think is messed up) is that if we lose something, we might get it back some were else that we might not want it. Yes that could mean that if we lose something of Kalimdor we might gain something else on Kalimdor. It can also mean that if we lose something on kalimdor we might gain something on Eastern. Everything on Kalimdor could be conqured by the horde and everything on Easterns could be conqured by the allaince and blizzard would call that balance.

Oh nothing has been said about the Ferals. It was said a Druid camp is set up on Desolace. Druid could mean horde, allaince, or netueral.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    No one ever said "it's going all for the horde".

We are talking about ONE zone going from an allainced favored zone(form blizzards website before they took down the old world map) to mainly a Horde favored zone.
    no, you were not :
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    The allaince has a record of not gaining land till the end of the wars or near the end. They mainly lose land or hold it in the early parts of the war.

Sure allaince is gaining stuff too. they are gaining a base, in the barrens. Oh fun.

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    no, you were not :

Were does that say "it's going all for the horde"?

Maybe if you can understand what I am saying, here let me spell it out for you.

I was talking about PAST events. You know, EVENTS THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST. Maybe some words kind of hint of that. you know, like HAS A RECORD.

Maybe if you READ It says Alliance has a RECORD of losing land. YOu know, what a record is? Maybe I should spell it out. a Record is something of PAST EVENTS.

Happened in Warcraft, Happened in Warcraft 2. You can say it happened in Warcraft 3, but it wasn't the horde pushing the allaince back this time, it was the scourge.