Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling weapon skill

As Tuesday approaches, i'm slightly torn on which relentless weapon to get. I'm human, so its either a sword or mace. The sword looks better, but I have a really low weapon skill with 2h swords (91 to be exact, lol). 2h maces are of course at max level, but I don't like the way it looks when combined with our full S7 set. The sword also resembles Ashbringer.

Now, my question is, where is a good place or way to level weapon skill quickly? Something with tons of HP that I could throw seal of light on and go afk for a few minutes is what i'm imagining. The only thing that pops to mind is the Fel Reavers in Hellfire, but i'm not sure how long they'll last, and theres not many of them. Any suggestions? I remember a long time ago, Warlocks used to summon Felguards to SW and banish them for free weapon skills, not sure if they can still do that.

Also, i'm aware that intellect helps.

Re: Leveling weapon skill

Blizzard has basically removed all the banished mobs and mobs that are similar where you could just go AFK while smacking it to level up you're skill.
    Best place is probably the Proto-Drake Eggs in Sholazar Basin.

there used to be some mobs in blasted lands that couldn't die, but gues they removed them aswell

What i did to max out all my weapon skills was to equip my holy gear (if i remember right more int meant faster weapon skills unless they changed that?) but then i basically found a random high level mob (i used the scarlet onslaught guys in icecrown) and basically just read random sites while popping back in to heal now and then or just standing there using my instant weapon attacks. Also since then they've fixed sacred shield for retribution so you could use that to lower your need for healing

gogo onyxia lolol

Int for skillups was removed so long ago I'm surprised to hear it.

iirc weap speed and dmg are irrelevant, so the fastest one you find is good, and a weak one to extend mob lifetime too. Later consider some green and using it during daily quests or other regular use, it's not so boring when it levels without your attention.

Abilities with a swing (i.e. can be parried) also can skillup, spamming ones that don't damage (I hamstring) helps a lot. Not sure about reckoning.
    Ever squish your face on a window?
    It looks funny. Ever got it stuck?

Int does not increase gain of weaponskill, but it levels alot faster now anyway.

What i did was Seal of Light, Devotion aura, pvp/tank gear and autoattack a Fel Reaver. Easymode, just heal abit now and then =)

or go to tbc instances and solo them

On hand of gul'dan on Smv,they were some draenei shamans that were immune till you kill their totems.totem don't hit you so start from there
    You can't use this while stunned.

On my DK I went to DM North, to the final boss. Simply auto attack one of the ghosts there, and switch weapons after reaching 400. Not sure if it still works tho, did it in dec/jan.

Advantage here is that there are no adds, while there are elementals walking around near the totem guys in SMV. And they don't hit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleamar
    On my DK I went to DM North, to the final boss. Simply auto attack one of the ghosts there, and switch weapons after reaching 400. Not sure if it still works tho, did it in dec/jan.
    This is what I used to skill all my weapons to 400 but it is fixed now unfortunately. . ;<

Grove Walkers in Crystalsong Forest:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=31228#comments

These guys are great for grinding weapon skills in lieu of the servants of Razelikh.
    Heal themselves for 40% of their health every time they go past 50%. They do hit relatively hard though.
    Or if you're feeling adventurous Mennu the Betrayer:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=17941#comments

Doesn't hit at all hard and hit healing totem should keep him alive for as long as you require. Might wanna kite him away from his fire nova totem if I remember correctly.. :>

15+ Year Old Account

The best and quickest way to level your weapon skill is to just start using it in everything you do. Certainly you wont want to use it while youre raiding but on everything else you should be fine. You'll be at 400 in no time.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

The giants outside of Icecrown citidle die slow, deal low damage, and have a lot of HP. easy weapon levels.

(They are the same giants that give the spine for the Daily IIRC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I'm actually really surprised to hear no one say this.

Buy a grey or white 2h sword. (fastest you can find)

Go to the TBC dailies (not sure the name anymore) island.

Go to the southern tip where the bombing daily took place.

The normal ghouls will hit you for one and respawn almost instantly where the slightly more advanced ghouls hit you for 26 or so.

They don't have a lot of health (hence the white sword) however they respawn quick and only hit you for 1

Seal of light and win.

I usualy level up my weapons in VH normal, just enter and dont start the event and your set. Steady spawn of lvl75 mobs that gets killed by guards so you dont take much damage.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xavias08
    I'm actually really surprised to hear no one say this.

Buy a grey or white 2h sword. (fastest you can find)

Go to the TBC dailies (not sure the name anymore) island.

Go to the southern tip where the bombing daily took place.

The normal ghouls will hit you for one and respawn almost instantly where the slightly more advanced ghouls hit you for 26 or so.

They don't have a lot of health (hence the white sword) however they respawn quick and only hit you for 1

Seal of light and win.
    this

I thought people used the mounted combatants while people did jousting dailies.

like others said, VH normal, takes like 10 mins, endless mobs spawn.

dual wield the required weapons if rogue or warrior or DK. buy the fastest ones in slot (always available from a vendor) go into VH. Levelled my dk's 2hed maces from zero to hero (398) in17 minutes. This was the time between getting the raid invite and accepting the summon.

tbh the hand of guldan people are good and safe enough to alt tab level on, but if you're at your pc, the VH is the quickest. SMV for afk levelling.

Regards

Traz

go to the AH buy a high intellect green for every slot, get some scrolls of intel, buy the FAST 2 hand white sword in dalaran, and get a friendly tank to go to reg nexus with you, pull the first melee mob you see, and have him stand there and take the beating, doing just enough damage to stay ahead of you. 15 min tops. I did the tanking for a DK in my guild just a couple weeks ago. The mobs have 70-80k health, so they should last a while.

If you want to solo it, VH is the better choice, since the mobs never stop coming, but it will probably take longer since you will need to be in more of your better gear, and will as such, kill the mobs faster.