Looking for a Combat Text Addon

Hey guys, I'm looking for an addon that basically changes the DEFAULT (keyword) colors of the blizzard damage text.

I have Miks Scrolling Battle Text but i really do not like the way the text is shown, no matter how I configure it. I do however love the way that the damage done reflects the type of spell dmg you do. Fire is in "Red", Nature is in "Green", Arcane is in "Pink" ect ect. I was wondering if there is an addon on the market that changes the way blizzards battle text works so it can reflect the same colors too.

Or, is there any other SCT (scrolling combat text) mods that anybody would recommend??

thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Looking for a Combat Text Addon

SCT and SCTD are decent. Not sure if they are what you want though, don't understand what you are looking for. But I used that before Miks (which im doing now), and I'm content with it.

I used SCT forever and made the switch to MSBT. I find MSBT to be way better, easier to use, better looking, and more customizable.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

Please, to the ones that doesn't know hot to disencrypt the abbrevations, can you put them in a clear way?

PD: I don't know what addons are you talking about

Don't worry about acronyms, use Parrot.

I prefer MSBT. Same reasons that Wenger. And sersick tnx for ur avatar. Made me giggle for about 2 mins.
    A wise man once said. Argueing on the Internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still a retard.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Guys, he already said he's using MSBT (aka Mik's Scrolling Battle Text), and doesn't like it.

@Kemono

Sadly, there is no coloration capability in the default (Blizzard) FCT. I've heard that it's colors are hard-coded into it, in fact, which means that there's no chance for an addon to alter the colors that it uses. That means you'll have to settle for uncolored, or continue to use a different FCT addon. SCT/SCTD I haven't used in years. Parrot is being kept up to date while the original author is planning a Parrot2. MSBT is good, and quite configurable - I hate it's default, but I've got it configured so that I do like it.

I personally use parrot and it does everything I need it to do, plus a little more.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have made no secret that we haven't happy with the paladin gameplay on live (Source)

I've tried all of them, and I can say that Parrot is slightly better than the others.
    Parrot's default settings aren't that good, it takes some time to learn how to customize it, but overall it offers the best functionality.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

See, I've also used all of them, and I find that I prefer MSBT over Parrot. They have exactly the same functionality.

However, Parrot uses the old Rock libraries which only get updated for major breakage. This has led to issues with actually opening the Parrot configuration on at least 2 systems. Literally, not being able to expand the configuration tree on the left side of the config window for Parrot (and other addons that use Rock, such as Pitbull3). Pull it up, you see "Parrot" on the left with a red "+" to expand it, click the red "+" and nothing happens. Randomly occurs, but can't be fixed without a reloadui, and make's it a bitch and a half to configure Parrot.

SCT (+SCTD) for life!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I use Parrot and was wondering how I could get different fonts other than the four available with the mod.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

SharedMedia, as Evenfall said, is a good start. There is another, SharedMedia-Fonts, that will add even more fonts to your list, but it requires the base SharedMedia addon.