Page 1 of 2
LastLast

when is crit too much? dps help.

Hey guys im wondering when is crit too much? im at 46% crit self buffed but on bosses im at 67% crit.. im wondering when is crit too much? that maybe I should start gemming for AP or something like that... I know that some may flame and say never gem for ap but at the point im at now I want to boost up my explosive shot as it is based off of my ap... well here is my armory if you guys have any suggestions please say what you think in a constructive manner I would use some pointers as my dps is around 6-6.5k depending on boss... and im not talking about twins.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Trist%C3%A9n

Re: when is crit too much? dps help.

On paper You cant have too much crit. Crit scales extremely well until the 100% mark. If you crunched some number crit at extremely high levels of like 80-90% may not be an attractive stat but that is somewhat speculative. As a surv hunter never gem for AP only agi, ever, EVER. The spec synergies with Agi, EW, LR and so on.

Yes I know and understand that I actually gotta change out a one of my yellow gems for the 20 agility one but I was seeking some input cause I want to do more dps.... I hate getting beat by the warlock lol...

15+ Year Old Account

I'd say that if you crit too much and start ripping aggro off the tanks cause of that you would have too much crit.
    Otherwise, just keep having that much crit critting is never a bad thing and it will make up for other abilities hitting lower then they could do with more ap

1: Change the gem in your pants to 20 agi
    2: Change the rest of your gems to 20 agi
    3: Pewpew beat that wlock!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kjépzz
    1: Change the gem in your pants to 20 agi
    2: Change the rest of your gems to 20 agi
    3: Pewpew beat that wlock!
    What does my class have to do with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    What does my class have to do with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristén
    I hate getting beat by the warlock lol...

I need to keep one yellow gem and one blue gem.... so I could basically change one gem sadly..

Quote Originally Posted by Tristén
    I need to keep one yellow gem and one blue gem.... so I could basically change one gem sadly..
    Put one as +20 Agi then put the other as a nightmare's tear -- You still get 10 Stam/10 Agi/10 Int (Both have an AP boost due to talents).

Ya I need to get one of those awesome gems... but im a cheapy lol... but thx!

Glad you get fed all the gear you do and your cheap.

There is no such thing as "too much crit" until you're over 100%, period. It scales relative to every other stat you have and it continues being valuable until you reach 100%.

Glad you get fed all the gear you do and your cheap.
    Jealousy is a terrible thing. faggot.

The user has been banned for this post

Quote Originally Posted by vertibrate
    Jealousy is a terrible thing. faggot.
    Shut the fuck up queer, its not jealousy cheap scrubs who dont go the length to get the best enchants/gems dont deserve the gear. You fucking square enjoy the rest of your lonely life tool

The user has been banned for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Unrest
    Shut the fuck up queer, its not jealousy cheap scrubs who dont go the length to get the best enchants/gems dont deserve the gear. You fucking square enjoy the rest of your lonely life tool
    lol wait, telling him hes gonna have a lonely life when you are talking shit about a video game.

nice try

lol, this is gonna be good

Quote Originally Posted by Unrest
    easy guys

Quote Originally Posted by Shasui
    easy guys
    This.

THAT KIND OF TALK WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE HUNTER FORUM.

P.S. Dream Theater ROCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge

Dream Theater ROCKS.

So wait..... im a scrub?? cause I dont get the nightmare tear? or top of the line chants? /sigh

You are the very definition of an idiot... I pull my weight in my guild I get the gear that I do because I deserve it I may be cheap because I work and have a GF so the only times I really play are when I raid and a couple dailies before raid... im not an elitist or anything like that... I asked the question in the OP because its just a question I know there comes a point in when Crit starts having DR and I dont know when... dude dont be jealous I've had lucky drops and the fact im one of 3 hunters but im the one always there... funny thing is mr jealous if you were in my guild you see that im a good player and would pass gear to you so that you could gear up... just wow I love computer gangsters ....