Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Northrend Beasts Heroic 25 - Hardest Encounter Ever?

Except for "Alone in the Darkness", Heroic Northrend Beasts 25 seems to be the hardest encounter in the game (post WoTLK ofc, Sunwell had a few brick walls too).

What do you think? Did Blizzard make a mistake by placing an insane brick wall right at the start of the instance, or was this just survivor bias (ex.: stats from Algalon is from the top guilds only)?

From my personal experience, I'd say Northrend Beasts on 10H is hard, but still doable - we passed it after wiping for a few hours. The rest of the bosses were too easy tho; wiped only twice on the way to Anub'arak, and even him feels easier and definitely less annoying than the first encounter in that instance. We didn't try Heroic 25 yet, didn't had the right setup all week, and to be honest, I doubt our ability to pull off dodging Icehowl in P3, even on 10 man it was the reason for half our wipes.

(slightly off topic: we've revamped all the zones pages and added stats for all the zones and different modes in Ulduar, feel free to take a look and draw your own conclusions.)
    Miles @ World of Logs - The next generation combat log analysis tool.
    Crusaders' Coliseum Stats

Re: Northrend Beasts Heroic 25 - Hardest Encounter Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Booink
    Except for "Alone in the Darkness", Heroic Northrend Beasts 25 seems to be the hardest encounter in the game (post WoTLK ofc, Sunwell had a few brick walls too).

What do you think? Did Blizzard make a mistake by placing an insane brick wall right at the start of the instance, or was this just survivor bias (ex.: stats from Algalon is from the top guilds only)?

From my personal experience, I'd say Northrend Beasts on 10H is hard, but still doable - we passed it after wiping for a few hours. The rest of the bosses were too easy tho; wiped only twice on the way to Anub'arak, and even him feels easier and definitely less annoying than the first encounter in that instance. We didn't try Heroic 25 yet, didn't had the right setup all week, and to be honest, I doubt our ability to pull off dodging Icehowl in P3, even on 10 man it was the reason for half our wipes.
    You could actually attempt the fight before making a thread about it being too hard

wow.. this is a new one.. qq before even trying the boss... GG rofl...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Booink
    We didn't try Heroic 25 yet, didn't had the right setup all week, and to be honest, I doubt our ability to pull off dodging Icehowl in P3, even on 10 man it was the reason for half our wipes.
    Icehowl is hard.

After looking in your direction for seventeen hours, he then charges in that direction and you have to run to the side.

It's really complicated.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    Icehowl is hard.

After looking in your direction for seventeen hours, he then charges in that direction and you have to run to the side.

It's really complicated.
    Its actually pretty buggy. Not sure if you read any sites other then this one but it is posted everywhere.

Clearly selfowned.

FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Proud_Retradin
    wow.. this is a new one.. qq before even trying the boss... GG rofl...
    Hehe nah this isnt new, been happening for a long time xD

well the fight isnt harder as the non-heroic version, it just requires more dps/tank health/heal and given that most ppl only got few ilvl 245 or above it's just gear check and not that difficult...

With more gear it will get more easy.

PS: No i didnt beat it yet, but we had like 30 tries on Northrend beasts.

Pre-emptive QQ is now the new passive racial for all Humanoids

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet

Hell yes it has.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

succeful troll is succeful.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

swiftness pots, i hear they are good for running fast

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflid
    swiftness pots, i hear they are good for running fast
    That, or you could just pay some attention and avoid him with ease

www.Ronin-guild.eu

gg people all the op said was that beasts seem to be the hardest encounter in the instance and isnt it a bit odd to have the hardest first.

and tbh i know of no one that would disagree.

With retarded lag (atleast on oceanic realms) and buggy charging, Icehowl is a little struggle

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

I expected a bit more constructive posts to be honest, but oh well, I guess I'm way too optimistic. I doubt if any of the QQ posters have actually managed to clear the fight on either heroic modes. I'm just realistic enough to know that: 1. I won't have a chance with a sub optimal group. 2: I do have a chance on 10H; managed to get A Tribute to Skill instead.

We (as in, VL @ Neptulon) aren't a top guild, and we probably never will, so why try and bash our heads pointlessly at a brick wall that only 300 guilds so far have managed to pass? It's just the placement of the boss that's a bit strange - once you get past Icehowl, almost everyone get to 4/5 Heroic within a day; I wonder if this is intended, and IMO, it's a mistake.
    Miles @ World of Logs - The next generation combat log analysis tool.
    Crusaders' Coliseum Stats

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet

a damn my bad then xD never seen this before thou.. dident think ppl could be this stupid...

how the hell can y ou qq before you have tried the boss?? really i just dont get it.. you must hav.. bah i lack words for this

<insert facepalm picture here>

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Difficulty as follows:
    Anub > Twins >>>>>>>>>>>>> Beasts >>>> Champions > Jaraxxus.

Actually, Beasts aren't that hard. Just requires you not to be retarded, and gear. Twin Val'kyrs are harder.

Edit: Poster above me=Correct!

www.Ronin-guild.eu

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    gg people all the op said was that beasts seem to be the hardest encounter in the instance and isnt it a bit odd to have the hardest first.

and tbh i know of no one that would disagree.
    He actually said it was the hardest encounter to date minus possibly Yogg+0.

Also considering he hasn't done heroic 25, and multiple end game guilds made it to the last boss with 40+ tries and failed, I'm sure the OP is the authority on the subject in regards to this being the hardest encounter in the instance.

In regards to your most recent post, Earlier raids had cockblocks early on in the raid instance as well. I can guarantee you, anyone that has been around long enough to have progressed through it would tell you Vael was a bigger cockblock than the Northrend Beasts, and he was only the 2nd boss in a raid w/ 8 bosses in it.