ArP and 3.2.2 for a dummy

so i havent really been following the exact maths, so by all means link me a thread that already figured this out.

so in 3.2.2 ArP is well requiring a higher amount, so the question is - is ArP even worth going for? or will Agi builds of both MM and SV hit the same dps mark?

Re: ArP and 3.2.2 for a dummy

This nerf wont kill MM ArP, although afaik you'll need slightly better gear to make it worth your while.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    This nerf wont kill MM ArP, although afaik you'll need slightly better gear to make it worth your while.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

The cap for a mm hunter with the mjolnir runestone trinket is:

556 + 665(runestone's proc)= 1221 arp so with the 12% nerf
    on arp value the new cap will be 1221 + 1221 x 0,12=1367,52
    (lets say 1368) so 1368-665(runestone's proc)=703 arp rating.

So that u must achieve after the nerf is 703 armor pene from
    other items + the trinkets proc!If u see the new items and gems
    i believe this is still doable.

Btw about grim toll i realised that items with heavy arp ussualy
    have and heavy hit rating so with grimm toll u will be much more
    hit from cap and u will need more arp(i have 300 hitrating in my
    hunter when i had 575 arp w/o using any gem for arp or hit either).

So in my opinion grim toll is dead for that build but if u cant get the
    runestone u can try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantons
    The cap for a mm hunter with the mjolnir runestone trinket is:

556 + 665(runestone's proc)= 1221 arp so with the 12% nerf
    on arp value the new cap will be 1221 + 1221 x 0,12=1367,52
    (lets say 1368) so 1368-665(runestone's proc)=703 arp rating.

So that u must achieve after the nerf is 703 armor pene from
    other items + the trinkets proc!If u see the new items and gems
    i believe this is still doable.

Btw about grim toll i realised that items with heavy arp ussualy
    have and heavy hit rating so with grimm toll u will be much more
    hit from cap and u will need more arp(i have 300 hitrating in my
    hunter when i had 575 arp w/o using any gem for arp or hit either).

So in my opinion grim toll is dead for that build but if u cant get the
    runestone u can try it.
    Grim Toll is hardly dead for that build at all. In fact I currently use it in my MM build, which is sitting at 495 ArP, I think. With one or two upgrades I could get that to ~580 pretty easily, at which point gemming for ArP could work out very much in my favor. I'm sitting at 264 hit rating with Grim Toll, and I'm certainly not swimming in +hit (heck, I'm even using Icewalker over +16 agility.)

If we just find another ~100-200 ArP to reach the new cap then blizz will just nerf ArP even further. The whole point of the nerf was that people were stacking ArP at the expense of almost all other stats which blizz don't like, ArP is also one of the most math-tastic stats we've ever had in the game. Trying to squeeze another 200 onto our gear is infact taking it even further than its already gone so will only warrant another nerf until eventually it no longer becomes sensible to stack ArP up to the cap because stacking Agi/Ap or Stam would be more productive.

One thing that does bug me though, is that a lot of the top end gear right now only has slightly better Agi/Ap than say the iLvl 226 stuff. But what it does seem to have is a lot more ArP which is where the extra dps comes from. So this could be a massive nerf to those in ilvl232-258 who really need that dps for the content in TotGC. I wonder whether we will see adjustments to some of the gear taking this into account

As I always say, if you have to ask the question on MMO forums, stick with Agi builds, they are better suited for almost every player out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti
    As I always say, if you have to ask the question on MMO forums, stick with Agi builds, they are better suited for almost every player out there.
    get off the pony

Quote Originally Posted by Cris
    get off the pony
    But she's so purdy...

Only elite raiders as yourself can understand the advanced concept of gemming gearing ArP to a cap, those silly proles should go stack AP because that's all they can grasp, even agility is too hard.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kesukei
    If we just find another ~100-200 ArP to reach the new cap then blizz will just nerf ArP even further. The whole point of the nerf was that people were stacking ArP at the expense of almost all other stats which blizz don't like, ArP is also one of the most math-tastic stats we've ever had in the game. Trying to squeeze another 200 onto our gear is infact taking it even further than its already gone so will only warrant another nerf until eventually it no longer becomes sensible to stack ArP up to the cap because stacking Agi/Ap or Stam would be more productive.

One thing that does bug me though, is that a lot of the top end gear right now only has slightly better Agi/Ap than say the iLvl 226 stuff. But what it does seem to have is a lot more ArP which is where the extra dps comes from. So this could be a massive nerf to those in ilvl232-258 who really need that dps for the content in TotGC. I wonder whether we will see adjustments to some of the gear taking this into account
    I really think Blizzard could have approached this situation better. All of the top gems that hunters like to use (AGI, AP, ArP) are all red gems! They could have made ArP a blue gem or something, that way hunters would actually try for the socket bonuses rather than just stack one favorite stat. Most hunters, it seems, just stack AGI for every socket whether it's red or not, or ArP for everything. Either Blizzard needs to make much more appealing socket bonuses, or they should spread the favored stats across different colors. Everyone wants a Cardinal Ruby these days for everything. The answer is not to nerf a stat, because that just makes people want to gem for it even more so they can reach the numbers they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial
    Only elite raiders as yourself can understand the advanced concept of gemming gearing ArP to a cap, those silly proles should go stack AP because that's all they can grasp, even agility is too hard.
    I never said people can't grasp it, I said it's better suited, which is true.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morlin
    I really think Blizzard could have approached this situation better. All of the top gems that hunters like to use (AGI, AP, ArP) are all red gems! They could have made ArP a blue gem or something, that way hunters would actually try for the socket bonuses rather than just stack one favorite stat. Most hunters, it seems, just stack AGI for every socket whether it's red or not, or ArP for everything. Either Blizzard needs to make much more appealing socket bonuses, or they should spread the favored stats across different colors. Everyone wants a Cardinal Ruby these days for everything. The answer is not to nerf a stat, because that just makes people want to gem for it even more so they can reach the numbers they want.
    ahh no