Help on a PvE spec

I haven't played a druid since early B.C. , so I am kind of out of touch with the Druid class. That said, which class is optimal for PvE DPS? Balance or feral?

Generally which one does better DPS? If this is to vague of a question, perhaps guide me with a little insight? Can't find any clear, up to date information for this question.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Help on a PvE spec

At the moment in general feral dps is higher then moonkin dps. It also has a more difficult rotation then moonkin dps.

Both specs are perfectly viable for pve. If you'd want to go pvp stick to resto or maybe feral.

For more information about either balance or feral just check the stickied treads here.

Deleted

Deleted

What do you want to be? Caster or melee DPS? Thats really all that matters. Moonkins are slightly behind kitties, but are very comparable to other DPS classes - we only lose out because of RNG, and that gets less of an issue as we gear up. The DPS difference isn't really noticable on a larger scale, and we bring buffs aswell as everybody else. It really comes down to what you would enjoy the most.

Spec proposition in my armory, click below if you wish.

A good kitty can be head and shoulders over most dps being right up there with rogues. Boomkins can catch up some on caster friendly fights but kitties will usually still win and if there isn't anything holding the melee back kitties destroy boomkin. Also kitty rotation is very fun if you don't like hitting the same button till you see a moon then you start hitting the other button plus refreshing your dots every once in a while. If you are a skilled player go kitty all the way. btw i am specced Tree/Boomkin so i can give boomkin buffs and share gear between the specs if needed just so you know there is no prejudice. Also i have played most casters and of them boomkin is the most fun to play as but if you are going for top dps boomkin doesn't touch kitty atm.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system