15+ Year Old Account

Switching specs, need some advice

I've been playing HfB (54/10/7) and its been fine, but I just recently got Hellscream Slicer out of TotC25. Being it's one of the best weapons according to shadowpanther.net I figured I would give combat a shot, but I really don't know where to start.

from what i've seen while browsing the web and this is the build I came upon: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#f0eb0...ru0xRtx:hfNVcm

I'll be using the Hellscream Slicer as my MH and I don't really have an offhand so that's one of the things i need help deciding on. since i've never really thought about combat before and i'm switching I'm gonna be trying to get Remorse(uld25), Blood Fury(TotC25), Rune-etched Nightblade (uld10) or Forsaken Bonecarver (TotC10) to get a fast sword/axe in my OH.

Until then am I better off using my Assassination Spec and trying to farm or should I go combat and use one of my various weapons I've accumulated over time.
    From my assassination weaps: Anarchy and Orcish Deathblade and then just the pieces I got cause nobody else needed (Kinetic Ripper, Razorscale Talon, Bloodcrush Cudgel, Aledar's Battle Star, and Grimhorn Crusher.)

suggestions on a rotation and any other tips would be greatly appreciated. like which stat weighs more, etc.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Switching specs, need some advice

The talent spec you posted is right on the money, but swap out the Rupture glyph for Adrenaline Rush.

For an off hand, you want a fast sword or axe (<1.6s). Don't switch over to combat until you have something to put in to this slot.

Rotation is generally 3s/5r/5e, which means: SS up to 3 combo points, use Slice and Dice, SS up to 5 combo points, use Rupture, SS up to 5 combo points, use Eviscerate if Slice and Dice has more than 12 seconds left.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    The talent spec you posted is right on the money, but swap out the Rupture glyph for Adrenaline Rush.

For an off hand, you want a fast sword or axe (<1.6s). Don't switch over to combat until you have something to put in to this slot.

Rotation is generally 3s/5r/5e, which means: SS up to 3 combo points, use Slice and Dice, SS up to 5 combo points, use Rupture, SS up to 5 combo points, use Eviscerate if Slice and Dice has more than 12 seconds left.
    Why? Rupture is far superior to Adrenaline rush, unless you are using the no rupture rotation, which there is no way the OP has the gear to pull off. Do not listen to him, keep rupture.

I would use a spreadsheet to be honest. Running Hellscream Slicer and your Orcish Deathblade, even though you are mixing weapon specs, may out do your Anarchy/ODB build. Also, go 51/13/7 for your mutilate build...I do not know what those 3 extra points were in.

Not so long story short, get a spreadsheet. It is the godsend for rogue's dps, and it can help you more than anyone on any forum can.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

I would agree to keep rupture, if you are wanting to swap something out I would say swap KS Glyph for AddRush Glyph.

I find that I am not using KS enough to justify the Gllyph due to getting gibbed from Cleave, Firebreath, etc. Maybe I am wrong, just giving you my input.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    I find that I am not using KS enough to justify the Gllyph due to getting gibbed from Cleave, Firebreath, etc. Maybe I am wrong, just giving you my input.
    you are wrong.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Use a MH with the speed around 2,2-2,4 and a OH with the fastest speed you can find, but also good dps... Always try to find weapons that are both in the same "Weapon spec talent". Those glyphs u had are right and dont listen to Sarcasm, cuz he is sarcastic as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Craas
    Use a MH with the speed around 2,2-2,4 and a OH with the fastest speed you can find, but also good dps... Always try to find weapons that are both in the same "Weapon spec talent". Those glyphs u had are right and dont listen to Sarcasm, cuz he is sarcastic as usual.
    MH should be 2.5-2.7, OH 1.4-1.5.

Seriously do not get Glyph of Adrenaline rush, it is trash compared to KS or rupture or SS

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe I should have stated that replacing the Rupture glyph with AR was merely a suggestion due to my own personal preference. I replaced my Rupture glyph with AR because I found my Rupture always had around 4 seconds left when I got to the point in my rotation where I should reapply it. Getting rid of the glyph has helped smooth out my rotation and a bonus 5 seconds of AR during BL burns is always nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down