Thread: SEXY BURST???

SEXY BURST???

does anyone but me think that the loss of stats from a regular dw weapon would be made up LARGELY with the burst potential from the procs of

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49297/e...-deathbringer/

and

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49296/s...e-bloodletter/

used in main hand and offhand respectivly

Re: SEXY BURST???

omg yes that would be some epic burst if it timed right
    Damn, just remembered that quest after finding Mag'har in Hellfire Peninsula. Suppose to go to Thrall and tell him you found untainted orcs in Outland. If Blizz switches this from Thrall to Garrosh, going to lmfao.

[Zoma]: Warchief Garrosh! I have just discovered orcs in Outland, completely untainted by Mannoroth's felblood!
    Garrosh looks at Zoma and covers his face with his palm.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    does anyone but me think that the loss of stats from a regular dw weapon would be made up LARGELY with the burst potential from the procs of
    No.

yes, and that's most likely why you don't see such procs on weapons these days
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I avoid proc-only weapons like the plague. I'd understand if there were less stats given on the weapons, but having none at all? Not for me thanks.

Watched weapons never proc. They always seem to proc when the mob has 1% health and you don't need it.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Neb-X
    I avoid proc-only weapons like the plague. I'd understand if there were less stats given on the weapons, but having none at all? Not for me thanks.

Watched weapons never proc. They always seem to proc when the mob has 1% health and you don't need it.

PVP you always need it lol

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm not a math guy, nor do I claim to be. I would guess that the extra damage would be comparable but slightly lower. Of course, it adds an aspect of RNG, which can be annoying, or wonderful.

IMO mostly hunter loot here.

I got the sword from Ony yesterday and haven't tried it yet but I will when i get off work, seems like it would be fun to use.

also if i bought/got

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40371

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42990

now that would be hawt

in 2 auto attacks i could have up to 8k burst that could technically crit

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    yes, and that's most likely why you don't see such procs on weapons these days

No.
    walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

also for battleground pvp which i mostly do i generally fight for 20-30 secs then go away for a few while trying to find someone else to kill and that is plenty of time for it to cooldown on the procs

From what I read these weapons have a set proc rate and no ICD. So, let's do some napkin math. Advance apologies to the serious theorycrafters for some major, major assumptions.

Empowered Deathbringer:

2.70 base speed = 22.2 swings per minute
    5% chance to proc * 22.2 swings per minute = 1.1 ppm average
    Avg of 1500 damage per proc * 1.1 ppm / 60 = 27.78 DPS

Of course, since there seems to be no normalization or internal cooldown and simply ~5% proc rate, that means Haste will increase the DPS value of the proc.

Assume 20% haste from Windfury Totem or Improved Icy Talons, and we are up to 34.72 DPS

Factor in spell damage buffs like Ebon Plaguebringer, which gives a 1.13 coefficient, and we're up to 39.24 DPS.

Additional haste and spell damage/spell crit buffs will increase DPS further, but we're looking at something at a minimum of 40 DPS in a raid setting. I'm no expert when it comes to melee DPS, but this seems lacking compared to the stats one usually gets from a MH weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtima
    From what I read these weapons have a set proc rate and no ICD. So, let's do some napkin math. Advance apologies to the serious theorycrafters for some major, major assumptions.

Empowered Deathbringer:

2.70 base speed = 22.2 swings per minute
    5% chance to proc * 22.2 swings per minute = 1.1 ppm average
    Avg of 1500 damage per proc * 1.1 ppm / 60 = 27.78 DPS

Of course, since there seems to be no normalization or internal cooldown and simply ~5% proc rate, that means Haste will increase the DPS value of the proc.

Assume 20% haste from Windfury Totem or Improved Icy Talons, and we are up to 34.72 DPS

Factor in spell damage buffs like Ebon Plaguebringer, which gives a 1.13 coefficient, and we're up to 39.24 DPS.

Additional haste and spell damage/spell crit buffs will increase DPS further, but we're looking at something at a minimum of 40 DPS in a raid setting. I'm no expert when it comes to melee DPS, but this seems lacking compared to the stats one usually gets from a MH weapon.

i agree but still a 1.1 ppm is a bit like dmc:death 45 sec cooldown and it prolly procs almost every time it can