Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are AFKers in battlegrounds actually punished?

the problem right now with afk botting in the 80 bracket is that its the start of the season, once the season goes on youll see less and less people doing it because they dont need to.
    And also the fact that they are doing it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Cant understand why blizz cant introduce "auto-kick AFKers" - just kick em from BG if they are OOC more then X min (2 min for WsG, 3 min for EoTS/SotA/AB, 5 min for AV/IoQ). ATM they arent actually punished by any means...voting system suck coz it's based on players reports instead current state of "AFKer". IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreznel
    basically your saying people protecting the flag carrier and defendeing flags should go to hell for afking
    Quote Originally Posted by anuket
    No just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhu
    That would ruin the point in BG's, which by the way isn't zerging around mindlessly.
    Nope apparently not

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    with the 3.2.2 patch they changed the afk system. i wont go threw the story so ill make it short

i was in wsg on defence. got reported afk but didnt see my debuff, i was siting there fat dumb and happy thinking to myself " wow no horde wonder whats going on " then i see the debuff with 10 seconds left. the game was 1/1 with 15 min left, i ran out to smack somthing to get rid of the debuff but couldnt find anyone in time. when the debuff timer hit 0 i was kicked with a nice 15 min deserter debuff.
    well nice to see theyre penalizing defenders. /sarcasm
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by Voltarius
    Tbh, AFK'ers deserve some punishment. Imo, if you get Inactive debuff, that should be an instant kick and big deserter debuff.
    thing is blizz probably doesnt want people that join as a group say hey guys report this undergeared baddie so he gets instantly kicked

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri
    As the name says, do you actually get punished for AFKing all the time in battlegrounds? Especially AV to level up. My friend for example leveled from 60 to 80 by doing nothing but afking in AV. He has not received the slightest punishment.
    Ofcourse they are not punished, they just jump in place, while watching TV, leeching their XP or honor along the way.

the fact that ppl have already started to abuse the afk system in wsg is a disgrace but im starting to think it will be a disaster in AV or any bg for ppl who are actually defending flags and not afk

Deleted

Friend of mine received a mail with a warning for AFK'ing in AV. This happened when he went AFK and got kicked from AV and getting Deserter.

10+ Year Old Account

the 60-69 bracket seems too have 2 people that afk and now are known for being afkers so they get reported straight away and usually kicked out before bal is dead,but now ive noticed follow bots, you will see people riding around in circles then suddenly follow someone if the person(normal players goes over a fence or something the bot stops then tries to latch onto another person.

Ill name names in the bloodlust grp horde side

Milkvendor follow bot
    Jinneo stealths and jumps around to beat the afk timer
    fatgirlirl sits in cave, doesnt know about debuff and gets booted
    kshoww as above
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Cant understand why blizz cant introduce "auto-kick AFKers" - just kick em from BG if they are OOC more then X min (2 min for WsG, 3 min for EoTS/SotA/AB, 5 min for AV/IoQ). ATM they arent actually punished by any means...voting system suck coz it's based on players reports instead current state of "AFKer". IMHO.
    Defending flags in AB is bad, MIRITE?
    Defending towers in EoTS is bad, MIRITE?

Your system is retarded and the fact that you would even suggest it shows that you are one of the idiots running around killing in the middle of EotS and between bases in AB. You are an idiot and I wish pain and suffering on you for trying to spread your idiocy like a disease.

how many times must i say this in every one of these things.

BLIZZ CHANGED THE AFK SYSTEM ALREADY. AS SOON AS THE AFK DEBUFF RUNS OUT YOU ARE REMOVED FROM THE BATTLEGROUND WITH A 15 MIN DEBUFF SO YOU CANT GET BACK IN.

if you dont trust me test it yourself...

The way I get rid of afkers is with this macro...
    /e has reported you AFK. Type /afk to remove this warning.
    Pretty sure I'm not the first to use this, but it does work

Quote Originally Posted by Khronoes

If they are afk how are they suppose to read that??

That only works on idiots actually playing the game or first time players..

You know you can get reported for that one?

I enjoy reporting people like you for harassment.

I have gotten several angry in game mails from people who got suspended for it. I hope you run into someone like me soon.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain

I have gotten several angry in game mails from people who got suspended for it. I hope you run into someone like me soon.
    I think you are lying tbh.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    I think you are lying tbh.
    You can think the world is flat for all I care. You'll still be wrong, and I'll still know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri
    As the name says, do you actually get punished for AFKing all the time in battlegrounds? Especially AV to level up. My friend for example leveled from 60 to 80 by doing nothing but afking in AV. He has not received the slightest punishment.
    one thing thats bothering me is that you get a debuff when AFK that makes it so you cant get and honor or exp which makes me think you lying

Quote Originally Posted by telemain

You should also report those idiot Hunters, Death Knights, and Warlocks who download that Pet Emote addon, if the Hunter/Death Knight/Warlock in question isn't on an RP Server, or is in a Battleground with someone who isn't.

That's more annoying than "/e has reported you AFK".
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehe
    one thing thats bothering me is that you get a debuff when AFK that makes it so you cant get and honor or exp which makes me think you lying
    If no one reports him, he doesn't get the debuff. It takes a certain amount of people to mark someone as idle/inactive, and while you may report everyone you see guarding the cave in AV, unless others do it too, it doesn't matter.

Some people just don't care.

What's really funny is when there are so many AFKers, there aren't enough non-AFKers to report them. We had that a few times. 35 cave guarders, 5 people trying to fend off all 11 active Alliance.

If you are reported for being AFK 3 times or more within a week, you are banned from BG's altogether (on all characters) for the next week.

Nuff said.

Deleted

Repeat offenders should have an account wide ban from PVP for a week, if you get the same ban again, make it a month, there is no excuse for it.