Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    @Shiikarii: And it wouldn't be a bad thing, I don't really see why a few people who know how to use an addon should have an insane advantage over people who don't ... Addons should be a way to help the player just like in raids, not an I-Win button for instant and infinite gold.
    I'm not using any addons I am earning a lot of gold by disenchanting some of stuff you pointed in that guide. I bet many others will now do it too. You don't need addons, it just saves time spent splitting stacks, buying etc, but it's not a must.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Wall of text crits you for...
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

People crying about Boubouille making the information available are simply the people who have been doing this for a while and now will make less money, so it makes them sad...

Seriously, it's only the same information that is available to everyone with a simple google, why does it makes you angry that a higher profile community site puts them available? You do know that exactly the same stuff is written all over at www.wow.com (not worldofwarcraft.com ) and a lot of other community sites, right? I didn't see anyone screaming that their server's economy was ruined because of this...

Stop saying Boubouille is ruining the economy by posting a simple and clear guide, it's his f.ing job to bring up interesting information about WoW... He only posted something that was on a lot of other sites but still lacked on MMO-Champion...

The economy wont be broken or crashed, it's simply that all this easy profit will be spread amongst more different people, it wont make the economy worst.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Deleted

Reading is hard, yes?
    ---
    Nice guide, won't need it since I use all the addons and stuff since a long time but good work.

YES@Vanish

Quote Originally Posted by Niss
    Why would you spend your whole day at the AH when you can simply raid, get badges, buy runed/crusader Orbs for them, sell them for enormous amounts and make instant profits. I think I'd much rather enjoy making gold than treat it like a job.
    Because your fellow raiders would expect you to use any orbs to maximize your performance in the raids. Not to leech along to earn gold. And if you already have raided that much that Emblems of Triumph can't provide you with any upgrades, I reckon you treat raiding as a job

When it comes to doing daily heroics, or even just heroics, for emblems... they are just new hamster wheels set up for us by Blizz. From the gold earning perspective it takes too much time... and is lacking any challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    People really have to realize that I'm not stupid, I know how popular my website is (and it's probably more popular than what you think ) and I know the market will crash because of that.

The problem is, right now, 0.1% of the playerbase is making money just because they found the right mod or the right guide. It's been going for years and I figured it might be a good idea to make it even for everyone instead of just exploiting the same mods again and again.

But yeah, I'm not stupid, I know I killed the market on most of the servers for a few weeks, it will eventually come back to normal as soon
    What about us, who are making gold without addons, using same method by discovering it ourselves?
    I'm making maybe 200-300g per day using disenchanting method, it's not gold farming but its enough for repairs and reagents for raids.
    Guess I'll have to find some other way or get back to dailies :<
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Really no one should really be complaining about this guide for a couple of reasons. First of all anyone who didn't see how player made items could be DE'd for significant profit is either unconcerned with making money (in which case they won't be following this guide for very long) or not looking for how to make money and just looking for some mystical IWIN button. In the later case anyone serious about making money has a huge opportunity to exploit everyone just running to the AH blindly following this guide.

Secondly and more importantly the guide's suggestion on how to make money is highly flawed, its nothing more then AH camping. Admittedly highly automated AH camping which makes it slightly more time efficient however in the long run AH camping is not a particularly viable strategy on a money vs. time basis. Certainly running to the AH every hour mass canceling everything which has been undercut and reposting will allow you to sell most of your stock the time spent per gold (especially with the amount of people about to start AH camping scrolls) will likely be quite low. In the short term AH camping can be somewhat viable but the most effective way to make money is as part of a long term (if you consider a month+ as long term) strategy to gain a fair degree of control over a given market.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    What about us, who are making gold without addons, using same method by discovering it ourselves?
    There are more way to make money to discover again, especially when there are drastic changes in the economy like people seem to claim is happening right now.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

tbh i cant really see the point of writing this guide at all. now when u have farmed 120k gold in 7 weeks or what ever. ur happy and if u dont want ppl to take advantage of other players by doin smart things. why are u doin it for 7 weeks to earn 120k,
    then tell everyone how great you are by doin this and then tell everyone that u dont like that ppl take this advantage and earn this kind of gold.. man you just did, and now when you have enough gold for the next 2-3 years u really dont care..

thats how i see it

Deleted

what if there isnt, except dailys, and you have just ruined the best ones?

Boubille or whoever wrote this page..
    really, you like charity? i don't..
    you like ruining the markets? i don't..
    but you did, my dear write you did...
    thanks to this post that gave publicly away some common sense practices among the ah-tycoons//ah-users, you just gave one more sink to the economy... gee, thanks really..
    thanks god i only run auctions out of sheer habitude, sitting on an improbable amount of gold, but this post that may seem so "merciful" to most ppl that cannot use their brains and use the same old try&learn practice (the same ppl that kept buying me stupid stuff in vanilla or that gave me plenty of money from the result of chest running for blue//ench mats//herb//ore or blue shard from dis-enchanting tailor craft in tbc, the very same ppl that gave me plenty money through the methods listed in the post during wotlk) is pretty much a "let us give ppl publicly a mean to farm infinite dust and other mats and rejoice when you'll browse ah to find infinite dust at 2g since they'll just chain-price cutting themselves"..
    oh the joy...

Stocking up on Adder's Tongue and Icethorn for the Inscription Guide

10+ Year Old Account

If you have common sence, you dont need a guide.
    Also I cant stand auctioneer, it feels like its just the addon playing for me. So dont use it.

But so many do, and rely too much on it that it kinda runs the economy. Which sux.
    Always hoped it would be banned... XD

Getting money is easy with some effort, but you dont need much so a few dailies will keep most people going anyway.
    Thats what the economy should be based on, not that someone makes thousands of gold every day.

Sigh, thanks for ruining for enchanters.

I you dont need an addon for this. Yes, it will take more than five minutes, but it doesnt take long time without the addon if you know what youre doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii
    I totally agree but if a large amount of people used this guide (which as i said was very detailed and well wrote) it could potentially crash the economy especially on large realms like my own with plenty of gold farmers bringing the prices down as it is. Considering you're such a respected member of the WoW community and you release a guide with proof of how wealthy it made you, players will most likely use it and those who are not used to playing the AH could bring down the prices to quick if their items are being undercut.

Edit: Grammar.
    Just find a balance, if the materials are selling low, buy it and craft something, if materials are expensive, sell it... its not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleg
    Because your fellow raiders would expect you to use any orbs to maximize your performance in the raids. Not to leech along to earn gold. And if you already have raided that much that Emblems of Triumph can't provide you with any upgrades, I reckon you treat raiding as a job

When it comes to doing daily heroics, or even just heroics, for emblems... they are just new hamster wheels set up for us by Blizz. From the gold earning perspective it takes too much time... and is lacking any challenges.
    You obviously have no clue about how the whole gear upgrade system works. I don't need to buy anything for Emblems of Triumph because most of the crafter 245 welfare crap has pretty bad stats on it (at least for me), and besides, I already got the parts I could craft replaced with the actual drops. That being said, I don't treat raiding as a job, quite the opposite, it's the only enjoyable acitvity in WoW, and theres millions of upgrades left in ToTC for me.

But anyway, you have to be massively retarded to sit at AH whole day and earn your whole 50s to 2g profit on a single item. Wow, great, you earned whole 100 gold in an hour time! .. lol. People that have massive amounts of golds are generally these people (I actually know one, so I'm basing my example on him) that sit on AH whole day, think they're super clever with addons and earn 50s profits, then spend 4 hours opening the 500 mails with 50 silver in them. (Yes, I know you can do it with an addon.). They have 0 expenses, seeing as they don't raid, they don't have to cover the consumables, repair and any kind of other bills, and thats where the gold is actually used in the game. Basically, they're useless to the whole community just hoarding the gold for absolutely no reason, I could even say stealing it from the players that use it. I could easly have over 500k now if I had zero expenses aswell, it's nothing impressive.

Once again, useless guide, but it's funny to see the QQing about server's economy.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Niss
    You obviously have no clue about how the whole gear upgrade system works. I don't need to buy anything for Emblems of Triumph because most of the crafter 245 welfare crap has pretty bad stats on it (at least for me), and besides, I already got the parts I could craft replaced with the actual drops. That being said, I don't treat raiding as a job, quite the opposite, it's the only enjoyable acitvity in WoW, and theres millions of upgrades left in ToTC for me.

But anyway, you have to be massively retarded to sit at AH whole day and earn your whole 50s to 2g profit on a single item. Wow, great, you earned whole 100 gold in an hour time! .. lol. People that have massive amounts of golds are generally these people (I actually know one, so I'm basing my example on him) that sit on AH whole day, think they're super clever with addons and earn 50s profits, then spend 4 hours opening the 500 mails with 50 silver in them. (Yes, I know you can do it with an addon.). They have 0 expenses, seeing as they don't raid, they don't have to cover the consumables, repair and any kind of other bills, and thats where the gold is actually used in the game. Basically, they're useless to the whole community just hoarding the gold for absolutely no reason, I could even say stealing it from the players that use it. I could easly have over 500k now if I had zero expenses aswell, it's nothing impressive.

Once again, useless guide, but it's funny to see the QQing about server's economy.
    what an idiot you are. You got no idea what you're talking about. I spent few weekends in front of ah, earned 21k gold in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Wall of text crits you for...

Over 9000

And here's how you go from respectable news website to random blog "worldofraids style".

Anything for traffic I guess.

There is no reason to think there will happen anything with the server economys more than a day or two.
    I just checked my server and it's clear to see, many allready have read this guide, and there is not alot of gold to collect with this, when a million use the same guide