Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Using 5-piece due to gloves not having dropped once and us only having killed Sinestra once and our S.priest taking the helm.

Do you reckon it could just be something such as DoT uptimes throughout the logs or does that apply to just V+T alone?

That's just one thing that I noticed, and it's definitely a problem. There may be more to it though

First time posting here, but I'm in need of help, urgently.

I just strated raiding again, only on my warlock this time, and I've gained about 5 -6k dps with all the stuff I've gotten over the past few weeks.
    My guild/raid leader has told me that I need to increase my DPS so I can stay in the raids.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/140121/ Our raid logs. Only raid I have not attended was the 18th, was busy that night. The Baradin Hold was a pug, with 3 or 4 of us in it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Strai/advanced My Armory Edit: Proffesion-wise, believe Tailoring is best right now, and I've almost finished with Herbalism for the haste buff. I will finish it when I get home tonight.

Our other warlock has told me that I need to work on getting 2 pc (Almost have robes, will next week) and that I need to fix my gems. I'm going to put 2 +40 int gems in my robes asasp, already have in everything else. I fixed my trinkets (had 2 Ilvl 333s; bought Volcano and had the Heart drop that night). The only problem was I had to reforge the card to hit (had it to haste originally) because I lost hit when I got the Heart.

My rotation: I start out with an instant Soul Fire -> Immolate -> Corruption -> Bane of Doom -> Curse of Elements -> Conflagrate -> Incineratex2 (Shadow and Flames) -> Chaos Bolt, keeping Dots on at all times, using Incinerate as a filler, Soul Fire when Imp instacast, and using Chaos Bolt on CD. I use Demon Soul and Doomguard on boss fights whenever they're up (although sometimes I forget and use Infernal instead; gotta remember better).

Is there anything I should(n't) be doing? Anything I should change in my spec? Rotation? thank you in advance
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2011-06-20 at 04:12 PM.

What spec is the other warlock? If he's affliction you should let him handle CoE because jinx is amazing.

You're still far under hit cap, reforge that wand's crit to hit (this looks like something you just forgot)

Your rotation is wrong, Chaos bolt > Incinerate so there's no reason to cast incinx2 before you chaos bolt

Your opener should probably look something more like Soul fire > Immolate > BoD > Conflag > corruption > chaos bolt > filler

You said soul fire "when imp instacast," are you not hard casting to keep the debuff up? Because you need to

Read http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-...e_4_1_updated/ and the Destro sticky on these forums if you haven't already

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 11:27 AM ----------

Ok yeah after browsing your logs (V&T) it doesn't look like you're keeping up your soul fire buff, and your dot uptimes are quite frankly horrendous. Between the two targets there is no reason that your immolate/corruption uptime should be at 76%. And your burning embers was only at 53%, that really puzzles me, was your imp not attacking?
    Last edited by Penguin FTW; 2011-06-20 at 04:28 PM.

Hey there! Here are somethings I see you could change gear wise and see some more dps.
    1. Change the gem in your helm to a 20 int/20 hit gem for the +30 mastery bonus.
    2. Shoulders - reforge crit to haste.
    3. Say goodbye to the PvP wand and pick one up from the Troll Heroics or try and get the 359 one.
    4. You are pretty far under hit cap... and your haste is super low.. these two things should come with gear..
    5. You can get a 359 neck form rep get it or even better get Dolorian's Lost Necklace (BoE) or the one from the twin dragons.. Rep one will probably be cheapest & easiest but the other two are better.
    6. The blues you have... look up and see if there are any other 346's or 353's you can get that has hit as a main stat.. you so can have more of it without reforging..

Professions:
    Yes... Tailoring is the best.. Herbing.. is not.. get Enchanting or Alchemy in my opinion.. they will be expensive to level but you will get +80 int with is better than the haste buff.

Rotation stuff:
    1. On your BH fight you kept Improved Soul Fire up 43%.. that is bad.. keep this buff up is SUPER important.. you have to keep it up.. what I did is downloaded the addon PowerAuras.. open it up and make a poweraura to show up when you have 4-5 seconds left on the buff and when it pops up on your screen cast soulfire. You need to be casting Soul Fire about 2-3 seconds before it falls off anyway - or aim for it .. that way you'll never let it fall off.
    2. Your DoT uptimes in BH were awesome! But.. I'm confused as to why you used Bane of Agony.. as Destruction we always want to use Bane of Doom.
    3. I also see during your BH you didn't use Fel Flame at all.. It's important to use it when you're moving unless you are refreshing your DoTs or you're lifetapping.

Overall I'd say you just really need to work on your up times and you will be doing a lot better. I have a feeling you're doing a lot of moving around and not casting anything and that's really hurting your dps. Remember to always be casting no matter what. If you're DoTs are up and you don't need mana spam Fel Flame until you stop moving. Also remember you have to keep the Soul Fire buff up - it's killing your dps not to!

I know I need more hit - I lost alot when I picked up Heart of Ignacious. I was told that 40 int > mastery, so I steered away from the mastery for the straight int. Taken from EJ: When to ignore the socket bonus: As a general rule of thumb if the socket bonus is less than 20 Int, or 30 of any rating stat, then it would be better to ignore the bonus and gem [Brilliant Inferno Ruby].

As to the shoulders, I didn't even realize they weren't reforged >.> shows how attentive I am. I've been farming troll dungeons every day when I can for the stuff in there (wand, ring, cape, etc), however I have sucky RNG, so nothing ever seems to drop for me. I only picked the wand up b/c it was better than the 312 wand I had before.

I'm working on the neckpiece (2/3 through Dragonmaw rep). I'm aware that the twins' neckpiece is better, but as said, I have bad luck (Dropped 3 -5 times, lost it >.>).

I will work on getting Soul Fire up more. With Banes, I have a macro where both are set to the same key, where I must press the shift key to use BoA. When moving and casting other spell, i must've tapped it trying to rebuff BoD (Many of my spells are mapped to the same key, with different combos for different spells; its easier for me that way, as all my spells are within easy reach. All are either just the 1 key, or with Shift+key or alt +key). I'm using DoTracker right now, I will try out this PowerAuras addon.

Thanks for the help

Deleted
    Hello! One of my friends thinks he's underperforming, and I have no clue about warlocks, so I thought I'd give this thread a go!

Frigz is his name, and this is his most recent Worldoflogs.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dani4342 View Post
    Hello! One of my friends thinks he's underperforming, and I have no clue about warlocks, so I thought I'd give this thread a go!

Frigz is his name, and this is his most recent Worldoflogs.
    Any feedback is appreciated.
    Short and easiest answer will be: Why is he playing Destruction?

Deleted
    only checked out the last fight (kill)
    what i noticed is that his uptime of improved soulfire is only 64%, he should work on that

Deleted
    Hi guys,
    I rerolled warlock for 4.2 after our Sinestra10 kill. I play mostly demo, since our ele sham sometimes heal. We a 10man guild. My demonology knowledge is decent but still have a lot of holes.
    Since i just created the account (forgot password on old), i might not be able to post links. Will give all info ofc:

Character: Lockgoodtogo, Alienation, Zenedar-EU
    Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zenedar/lockgoodtogo/advanced
    Baleroc(rank9 at upload, 30ish now): worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Firelands/Baleroc/10N/Demonology_Warlock/
    Majordomo(rank17 at upload, 40ish now): worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Firelands/Majordomo_Staghelm/10N/Demonology_Warlock/

So i have compared my parse to the Rank 1, 2 and 3 parses. I have compared my gear to thier's and i should be a lot closer to their dps.

Question 1: Meerien's Rank 1 parse on Majordomo of 27k dps. I see he is using the Hmirror trinket, which is sweet for demo with 2100 mastery rating -> 13 rating -> 26% more deeps in form/from demons while active. He has same passive mastery as me. So if he pops doomguard when his trinket procced, i guess it should be 10-20% better than mine. The issue is however that mine is 650k, and he is 1,1M. Thats almost double. Rank2 and Rank 3 has 600k doomguard also. How does Meerien do that ? There are also Argaloth parses where others get 1,1M doomguards. And no, doomguards dont scale with bloodlust, so thats not the reason.

Question 2: I do not have the simcraft knowledge to test this myself, so i hope someone can help. I would like to know if Heroic Theralions Mirror (granted you pop demon form in the proc and use doomguard in the proc), is BiS for Demo also for 4.2, 378 trinkets. That 20sec mastery proc is extented in some way by demon form. It takes a snapshot(i assume) of you mastery when used, so you kinda get 36sec "uptime" on the proc since demon form last that long. Obviously your pet is also buffed by the mastery proc and is only buffed for 20secs.

Question 3: Along the same lines as question 2. I just wish if someone could link to a Simulated trinket list, where demon form and doomguard is procced when the Hmirror mastery proc is up. 2mins/100sec ICD on Hmirror works of fine with demon form CD if you have the propper haste. Then demon form should be 2mins CD.. Ish. 1 guy made one for Affli, data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/4df67366d296e_affli_trinkets.jpg. But since mastery sucks for affli, i guess Hmirror is low. I know Hnecro or even normal necro trinket from baleroc are int mastery also, but its not with a 2100mastery proc like Hmirror.

Pls write if my question needs further explnation. Also, pls not if you see me doing something else wrong with my demo parses. Thanks in advance for your time.
    /Lockgoodtogo

---------- Post added 2011-07-04 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lockgoodtogo View Post
    Hi guys,
    I rerolled warlock for 4.2 after our Sinestra10 kill. I play mostly demo, since our ele sham sometimes heal. We a 10man guild. My demonology knowledge is decent but still have a lot of holes.
    Since i just created the account (forgot password on old), i might not be able to post links. Will give all info ofc:

Character: Lockgoodtogo, Alienation, Zenedar-EU
    Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zenedar/lockgoodtogo/advanced
    Baleroc(rank9 at upload, 30ish now): worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Firelands/Baleroc/10N/Demonology_Warlock/
    Majordomo(rank17 at upload, 40ish now): worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Firelands/Majordomo_Staghelm/10N/Demonology_Warlock/

So i have compared my parse to the Rank 1, 2 and 3 parses. I have compared my gear to thier's and i should be a lot closer to their dps.

Question 1: Meerien's Rank 1 parse on Majordomo of 27k dps. I see he is using the Hmirror trinket, which is sweet for demo with 2100 mastery rating -> 13 rating -> 26% more deeps in form/from demons while active. He has same passive mastery as me. So if he pops doomguard when his trinket procced, i guess it should be 10-20% better than mine. The issue is however that mine is 650k, and he is 1,1M. Thats almost double. Rank2 and Rank 3 has 600k doomguard also. How does Meerien do that ? There are also Argaloth parses where others get 1,1M doomguards. And no, doomguards dont scale with bloodlust, so thats not the reason.

Question 2: I do not have the simcraft knowledge to test this myself, so i hope someone can help. I would like to know if Heroic Theralions Mirror (granted you pop demon form in the proc and use doomguard in the proc), is BiS for Demo also for 4.2, 378 trinkets. That 20sec mastery proc is extented in some way by demon form. It takes a snapshot(i assume) of you mastery when used, so you kinda get 36sec "uptime" on the proc since demon form last that long. Obviously your pet is also buffed by the mastery proc and is only buffed for 20secs.

Question 3: Along the same lines as question 2. I just wish if someone could link to a Simulated trinket list, where demon form and doomguard is procced when the Hmirror mastery proc is up. 2mins/100sec ICD on Hmirror works of fine with demon form CD if you have the propper haste. Then demon form should be 2mins CD.. Ish. 1 guy made one for Affli, data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/4df67366d296e_affli_trinkets.jpg. But since mastery sucks for affli, i guess Hmirror is low. I know Hnecro or even normal necro trinket from baleroc are int mastery also, but its not with a 2100mastery proc like Hmirror.

Pls write if my question needs further explnation. Also, pls not if you see me doing something else wrong with my demo parses. Thanks in advance for your time.
    /Lockgoodtogo
    I just checked. Merieen hasnt got power infusement or something before popping doomguard. I am not sure if haste scales at all (i know BL doesnt), or if it just snapshots mastery, sp and crit.
    My doomguard: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jw98pa5iu0vsexl5/details/27/?s=3029&e=3425
    His doomguard: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tcnqmjo1ny9u7pjv/details/30/?s=7090&e=7485
    Both 20 bolts. He is "lucky" on cirts, or maybe he knows some trick. Mine is popped with Volcanic Potion (1250 int), volcanic tirnket proc (1600 int) and Hbell proc (2100sp) all up.
    /Lockgoodtogo

Hey, i've been playing for a year now and am aggravated about my warlock. I put up 14k on DPS dummy boss and when i get to Cho'gall which I am doing right now, I put up right under 8.5k .

Here is my armory - (Can't post the link because I havent posted enough but my main is Groyne on Arthas Horde if you could please look it up. Thanks

Any tips would be great! I am leveling a new toon just to get rid of this Warlock aggravation because this is my main.

Feedback on lock deeps

Hello, I've been playing my lock through cata but I've had him since BC just leveling and sitting while i raided with my druid. I'm not horrible with him and in my guilds 10man raids I pull mediocre dps at best and I feel like i'm not reaching my warlocks potential. I've been playing as Destro through BoT and BWD with a little dabbling in afflic and demo. I look through the lock forums tho and see most people raiding as affliction so I plan on eventually going in that direction but for now I would like some feedback on my gear and combat log.

My armory is Here (Fomite-Andorhal Horde until i can post links)
    (I was gemming/enchanting my gloves when it updated apparently so as of this post they aren't showing but I have the tier gloves with a 40int gem and haste enchant)

and a combat log: Here (will update with link but for now if you go to World of logs US-English Realms> Andorhal> Blitzkrieg, mine's the only one)

This log was taken in a BoT pug, the first fight I was Affliction and I learned we were going for the achievement after the fight started so I didn't really know what was going on the first 20-30 seconds, and another achieve on VT where i just stopped dps completely to wait for the fiends to be killed. The rest of the raid was pretty normal, I was a little out of my element on cho'gall and didn't keep up my soulfire buff as much as I should have.

Usually in my guild raids i can pull 15k or so heavily depending on the fight, for instance as destro on Chimaeron I work my butt off trying to keep a perfect rotation (which is ~ SB:SF,immolate,CoE,BOH,Corruption,conflag,CB,incinerate with a demon soul worked in keeping ISF up and conflag/DS on cd) and my dps is usually dead last even with a group that varies its dps. With affliction I feel like I do less although the rotation is a lot easier.

So what can/should I be doing to improve my dps? any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Gradius125; 2011-07-05 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grainey View Post
    Hey, i've been playing for a year now and am aggravated about my warlock. I put up 14k on DPS dummy boss and when i get to Cho'gall which I am doing right now, I put up right under 8.5k .

Here is my armory - (Can't post the link because I havent posted enough but my main is Groyne on Arthas Horde if you could please look it up. Thanks

Any tips would be great! I am leveling a new toon just to get rid of this Warlock aggravation because this is my main.
    just looking at your character i see you have gemmed a lot of hit personally i never gem for hit .
    reforge crit and mastery to hit upto 17%.

gems are as follows gem brilliant inferno ruby in all slots unless the socket bonus is +20 int for yellow i use reckless ember topaz.

try keep improved soulfire up at alltimes
    change your conflagarate glyph to incinerate
    try get the hit trinket from tol barad rep
    thats all i can think of at the moment as my brain has gone to mush

Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    change your conflagarate glyph to incinerate
    What? Nope.

Hi! Im a destruction lock and i ve a problem with my 11-14k dps on bosses. I ve the same talent and have the same rota what's written at EJ even though i feel that this is low. Could you plz help me with it? Here is my armoury: should be if i could post it... anyways if you could check it in armoury it's Tyraen forsaken lock.
    Thx!

Deleted
    Wapetufo
    looking at your character i noticed you are quite low on hit, almost 15% might not be enough for affli, if your haunt misses you will lose a lot of dps..
    also, without a combatlog it is hard to see what you are doing wrong,
    same goes for Tyraen

Ok this is my warlock, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Nichol%C3%A1s/simple

O
    k so I am using the demo specc because I heard that was best for dps but it doesn't feel like I'm pulling my weight. On shannox for one I did 16.8k dps and that's not good for my current gear. Atleast I don't think it is. I know I got spirit shoulders and a ring but still.
    This is recount for "assad" in vortex pinnacle. http://i51.tinypic.com/119yt6q.jpg I wasn't 100% focused there but sometimes my dps is around that and I hate the fact I'm getting carried -.- (not that run but in raids)
    Should I switch specc? If so too what spec? Should I regem etc? Don't have word of logs sorry.

Thanks alot if you want more info just ask in thread or PM

Dont know where you heard demo was the best dps spec, its probably the weakest for most fights (aoe fights being the exception), its still viable however.

Currently affliciton is pulling the highest numbers, and especially on Shannox, affliction is king.

For your gear I would make sure i wasnt gemming any hit at all, priority is int >> hit > haste > crit > mast for affliction if i recall correctly.

Getting your proffessions up is vital, lightweave embriodary is a significant dps increase, and the enchants on the rings are decent too.

Getting the JP ring would be a good idea, much better than the spirit one you have and should be really easy to get.

Overall i would check the relevant threads on which spec you are going for and reforge/gem properly then try again, if ur dps is still poor post some logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellee View Post
    Dont know where you heard demo was the best dps spec, its probably the weakest for most fights (aoe fights being the exception), its still viable however.

Currently affliciton is pulling the highest numbers, and especially on Shannox, affliction is king.

For your gear I would make sure i wasnt gemming any hit at all, priority is int >> hit > haste > crit > mast for affliction if i recall correctly.

Getting your proffessions up is vital, lightweave embriodary is a significant dps increase, and the enchants on the rings are decent too.

Getting the JP ring would be a good idea, much better than the spirit one you have and should be really easy to get.

Overall i would check the relevant threads on which spec you are going for and reforge/gem properly then try again, if ur dps is still poor post some logs.
    The 10% SP too the whole raid is good dps increase for all. And grinding for the JP ring atm and hitcap >all if I recall a missed spell won't help too much but might aswell reforge haste etc and try out affliction then.

Well i can tell you dots only update dynamically for debufss on the boss. Buffs which you have yourself do not update on the dots currently on the boss, and only take into account your current buffs when cast.

As for corruption, this is "refreshed" when you cast haunt, so generally i never recast corruption as usually this is done fairly soon when haunt comes off cd.

UA is a little different, some will say never refresh it, some will say refresh with FF when the UA duration has gone down by at least 6s as Fel Flame will "refresh" UA with your new inflated sp from buffs. This is currently what i do.

Generally all this requires a judgement on your behalf and a rough knowledge of the sp level of the current buffs on the target, if you have a BoD running which hasnt been inflated with any sp buffs, then you get lightweave/power torr/dmcV and then pop demon soul, i would at that point refresh the BoD regardless of the duration left on it.

Someone else may come along and give maths for it, but i get by with experience and my own personal judgement atm.