Gear and achievements - Still gives the odd surprise

This is written to share the lols that were had last night on maelstrom eu.

A naxx 10 pug with a few of us on vent together, everyone in the raid had the achies and the other tank was well geared for naxx10 (41k hp buffed)

so off we go, or so we thought.

Goes smoothly, ish, apart from a few interesting things. Having wiped on grobbulus with the adds running riot and him tanked facing the raid, gl 2 healers.

Anyhow, we continue, until thaddius.

Onto the adds, G1 left, G2 right. nice and simple.

Tank throw. Well i'll be damned.

This tank was gonna be on his starting platform regardless of their intentions.

So he started running back to the platform he just came from. zap zap zap wipe.

"healers wtf" was first thing he said. Cue laughter.

so we switch around a few chars, get another tank on. get the adds down and we're onto thaddius. Expecting him to zap us once and die instantly, we look for him on the polarity charge. There's this little dot on our radar still trying to do the jumps. He FINALLY gets there, boss on 10% and then on the first polarity shift, freaks out and jumps into the slime again.

Then there was the little fun on gluth. He was determined to tank. Regardless of how many stacks of debuff he got. in the end we had to HoP him to stop him taunting.

Generally good fun, but i thought i'd share it with you..

Anyone else got any good surprises?

Re: Gear and achievements - Still gives the odd surprise

Quote Originally Posted by trazer985
    This is written to share the lols that were had last night on maelstrom eu.

A naxx 10 pug with a few of us on vent together, everyone in the raid had the achies and the other tank was well geared for naxx10 (41k hp buffed)

so off we go, or so we thought.

Goes smoothly, ish, apart from a few interesting things. Having wiped on grobbulus with the adds running riot and him tanked facing the raid, gl 2 healers.

Anyhow, we continue, until thaddius.

Onto the adds, G1 left, G2 right. nice and simple.

Tank throw. Well i'll be damned.

This tank was gonna be on his starting platform regardless of their intentions.

So he started running back to the platform he just came from. zap zap zap wipe.

"healers wtf" was first thing he said. Cue laughter.

so we switch around a few chars, get another tank on. get the adds down and we're onto thaddius. Expecting him to zap us once and die instantly, we look for him on the polarity charge. There's this little dot on our radar still trying to do the jumps. He FINALLY gets there, boss on 10% and then on the first polarity shift, freaks out and jumps into the slime again.

Then there was the little fun on gluth. He was determined to tank. Regardless of how many stacks of debuff he got. in the end we had to HoP him to stop him taunting.

Generally good fun, but i thought i'd share it with you..

Anyone else got any good surprises?
    all i can say.. "ROFLMAO"

People getting carried, facerolling and then wiping on some stuff because of a fucking stupid mistake have never happened in wotlk, what are you talking about ? Everyone knows that gear makes the player .

On a serious note, its a fucking scary thing to suddenly feel that you cant trust a group with ilvl 245 + because they happen to be just another 24 facerollers thats been carried...
    ROGUES OP LOL
    Have you ever played a rogue? The only reason we are considered OP is because well... you suck.
    No other way to put it.
    No other class in the game has its "OH SHIT" button completely broken.
    No other class in the game WILL be killed in a single stun if they dont have a trinket.
    No other class in the game dies anywhere near as fast as a rogue with its cooldowns gone.
    No other class in the game requires more skill than a rogue.
    No other class in the game is as fun as a rogue, Therefore the majority of rogues who are good, have played a really long time and become good players, nothing will change that.

for some reason in pug I find naxx harder then ToC...

Quote Originally Posted by Shimo
    People getting carried, facerolling and then wiping on some stuff because of a fucking stupid mistake have never happened in wotlk, what are you talking about ? Everyone knows that gear makes the player .

On a serious note, its a fucking scary thing to suddenly feel that you cant trust a group with ilvl 245 + because they happen to be just another 24 facerollers thats been carried...
    It's even more fun if it happens in real life, last year they hired some 'external professions'... all senior and with high rates... but when I actually saw how they worked (and at what speed) all I wanted to do is /facepalm

OT, i would seriously laugh for 5 minutes if I saw a tank running away from a boss when he does a specially ability... after that i would probably also cry :<

Pug is always a bad idea, but reading your story was fun.
    Btw this is really world of free epix, if a 245 tank is not able to tank naxx 10 all i can do is /facepalm and cry.

10+ Year Old Account

Come on Terokkar EU, you won`t stop laughing. To give you some examples : dk with full blood/frost/unholy spec (71 points), ppl with unspent talents at lvl 80 - "i am saving them so i can use them later", hunters stacking intellect because " i am more of an intellect guy", warr tank without specced vigilance, retri tanks and the list can continue with all kinds of l33t performances.
    oh, i forgot to mention the sp dk.

Letsee...I've been away from the game for a while but I may have some good old ones:

Full Dragonstalker 'tard back in 'nilla, in MC on geddon. I was the one (being MT) with CTRA announce enabled.
    I whisper: YOU ARE THE BOMB!
    He whispers: Yea my dps is sick huh?
    *Boom*

Now I am leveling a new toon to play with my friends, and came across this in LFG the other day:
    LFM GNOMER PST WITH ACHIEVEMENT!!
    Needless to say the whole horde side of the realm facepalmed.

May edit some more in later.

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    Full Dragonstalker 'tard back in 'nilla, in MC on geddon. I was the one (being MT) with CTRA announce enabled.
    I whisper: YOU ARE THE BOMB!
    He whispers: Yea my dps is sick huh?
    *Boom*
    I laughed so hard I pee'd a little!