New Tanking Weapon

So I did Ony 25 yesterday and the Tempered Vis'kag the Bloodletter dropped.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49501

I won it and decided to test it for tanking. Ive done 2 runs of H VH and it has procced about 15 times all up. I lose a lot of stats from my old weapon, Last Laugh but the weapon speed makes it good for devastate.

What do you guys think? Tell me if im crazy but ive had a few people comment on it saying its a good idea. Thought i'd ask you guys!

Re: New Tanking Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Ellroy
    So I did Ony 25 yesterday and the Tempered Vis'kag the Bloodletter dropped.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49501

I won it and decided to test it for tanking. Ive done 2 runs of H VH and it has procced about 15 times all up. I lose a lot of stats from my old weapon, Last Laugh but the weapon speed makes it good for devastate.

What do you guys think? Tell me if im crazy but ive had a few people comment on it saying its a good idea. Thought i'd ask you guys!
    Prot Pvp weapon imo.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Here is what I think.

I use thunderfury to tank level 80 heroics because it doesn't matter what you use for them really. No 5 man heroic is challenging if you have decent gear. So use what you want for that. Whatever makes you happy.

As for the discussion on slow hard hitting weapons vs fast medium hitting weapons, it has been discussed out the ass (I do believe the last post about it is still on the first or second page here) and a lot of people agree slow is garbage for serious tanking. I agree fully on that perspective due to personal experience with trying slower weapons. Slow and hard hitting suck for rage even if you are getting pounded on due to heroic strikes. Sure you see awesome devastates but from my understanding, devastate is way down the list on threat per rage use even in its new uber state. It is more of a filler between other abilities. So using a slow weapon would mean you would have to push Devastate to the front as your bread winner over HS for rage use, which, in the long run could probably lower your tps and dps.

In conclusion, my opinion is do what you want for 5 mans but don't sacrifice stats or weapon speed for serious tanking. Sure we are supposed to do SOME dps now (not crazy DK shit but you know what I mean) but sacrificing avoidance or hp or even attack speed and threat to boost your dps by 200 or 300 isn't worth it. Again, this is my opinion and there is always someone who tanks differently and will disagree with all that I just said. Just know that the way I tank works for me so it should for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Prot Pvp weapon imo.
    Indeed.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    I use thunderfury to tank level 80 heroics because it doesn't matter what you use for them really.
    I use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44703 ^^
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Here is what I think.

I use thunderfury to tank level 80 heroics because it doesn't matter what you use for them really. No 5 man heroic is challenging if you have decent gear. So use what you want for that. Whatever makes you happy.

As for the discussion on slow hard hitting weapons vs fast medium hitting weapons, it has been discussed out the ass (I do believe the last post about it is still on the first or second page here) and a lot of people agree slow is garbage for serious tanking. I agree fully on that perspective due to personal experience with trying slower weapons. Slow and hard hitting suck for rage even if you are getting pounded on due to heroic strikes. Sure you see awesome devastates but from my understanding, devastate is way down the list on threat per rage use even in its new uber state. It is more of a filler between other abilities. So using a slow weapon would mean you would have to push Devastate to the front as your bread winner over HS for rage use, which, in the long run could probably lower your tps and dps.

In conclusion, my opinion is do what you want for 5 mans but don't sacrifice stats or weapon speed for serious tanking. Sure we are supposed to do SOME dps now (not crazy DK shit but you know what I mean) but sacrificing avoidance or hp or even attack speed and threat to boost your dps by 200 or 300 isn't worth it. Again, this is my opinion and there is always someone who tanks differently and will disagree with all that I just said. Just know that the way I tank works for me so it should for anyone else.
    Thanks man, good answer. Its fun to use but I do find myself rage starved.
    Cheers for the response!

Uhhh wait, how does slower attack speed equal more rage needed? Slower attackspeed = less heroic strikes = less rage needed. (unless you are using Heroic Strike + Revenge Glyph *_°)
    Meh whatever, only warriors gain anything (and it's probably close to nothing) from using slow tanking weapons and dks + palas have to suffer from it :!

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Uhhh wait, how does slower attack speed equal more rage needed? Slower attackspeed = less heroic strikes = less rage needed. (unless you are using Heroic Strike + Revenge Glyph *_&#176
    Meh whatever, only warriors gain anything (and it's probably close to nothing) from using slow tanking weapons and dks + palas have to suffer from it :!
    The simple answer, cause I'm way to lazy to search for the tankspot post about rage+slow weapons, is that swinging less (HS or not) means you gain less rage over time. You literally sit there watching and waiting for your toon to swing rather than swinging every .8-1.6 seconds. So swinging faster and more often nets you more rage overtime which allows you to use more rage overtime which means more HS's in the long run which means more tps and dps.

Of course, getting slammed on by raid bosses helps your rage bar stay peaked even when spamming HS with a fast weapon and only a string of avoidance will get your rage low. Keeping a full rage bar as a warrior is almost as bad as rage starving. Hang with me for a second before you hollar "why that is just dumb, you douche baddy!" HSing less because your weapon speed is slower means you aren't using the rage that is there and available and it is basically a waste, so yes you're right about that (less HS = less rage needed). But in the long run (notice I keep saying that because that is really what matters) you will actually cause LESS threat even if you Devastate more with a slow weapon rather than using rage for HS queing with a fast weapon.

What enchant on Vis'Kag?

Accuracy ?

10+ Year Old Account

just passing by reading stuff, but JustintimeSS

That sig is pro, you must be on Azphail too? lol.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Parium
    just passing by reading stuff, but JustintimeSS

That sig is pro, you must be on Azphail too? lol.
    Was.