Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ShockAndAwe v5.01 (Major update and new features)

I've done a large amount of changes to ShockAndAwe over last couple of days the full change list is...

Version 5.00
    Expanded priorities to have 16 options
    Renamed all occurrences of Wind Shock to Wind Shear
    Added red border to interrupt frame if Wind Shear on cooldown - thanks to Naxino of EU Khadgar for assisting testing
    Added LL_QE to priority options - Lava Lash if Totem of Quaking Earth hasn't procced
    Added option to show cooldown "clock" on priority frame - excellent suggestion by Aramis on MMO-Champion forums
    Recommend turning GCD bar off and using cooldown clock and setting priority cooldown time to 0.5 seconds up from 0.25
    Fixed incorrect speed export to EnhSim
    Added check for missing Priority in case priority list gets corrupted
    Moved default location of priority frame to avoid icon overlaps
    Added optional Flameshock dot bar
    Fixed priority when target changing

Please note that with the huge changes behind the scenes I did its possible I screwed up something. Everything seemed to work on my target dummies test but having thousands of users test it is always better. Also note my Recommendation to turn the GCD bar off and use the new cooldown clock and set priority cooldown time to 0.5 seconds up from 0.25

[edit]
    Minor bug fixes inevitable after a big update

Version 5.01
    Made Flameshot dot an independent bar and put it above stormstrike
    Shortened WF messages output to Scrolling Combat Text
    Turning off Purge or Interrupt frames now actually hides the frame
    Added belt and braces check for Flameshock and Stormstike buffs being players and no one elses
    Fixed bug where priority frame was disappearing if ANYONE in party went into a vehicle during a fight.
    Now correctly disappears if PLAYER enters vehicle (as you can't use your own abilities in vehicle)

Re: ShockAndAwe v5.00 (Major update and new features)

Awesome work! I played around a tiny bit with the new version. And just to show you that, no matter what you do, we will always ask for more... Any chance for an option to make the flame shock debuff overlay an independent bar (i.e. not requiring the shock bar to also be enabled?). Otherwise, no big deal. I can use Satrina Buff Frames to create a separate debuff timer but it would be nice if SAA could do it.

Any chance for an option to make the flame shock debuff overlay an independent bar (i.e. not requiring the shock bar to also be enabled?).
    This would definetley be nice, but great job Levva.

Deleted

Nice one, now we just need enh sim to be updated so we can test what priorities we should be using post patch

I love you.

Deleted

I wasn't too happy with the result of the FS dot bar so I'll change it to be not overlaid.

very big THANK YOU

Deleted

Minor bug fixes inevitable after a big update

Version 5.01
    Made Flameshot dot an independent bar and put it above stormstrike
    Shortened WF messages output to Scrolling Combat Text
    Turning off Purge or Interrupt frames now actually hides the frame
    Added belt and braces check for Flameshock and Stormstike buffs being players and no one elses
    Fixed bug where priority frame was disappearing if ANYONE in party went into a vehicle during a fight.
    Now correctly disappears if PLAYER enters vehicle (as you can't use your own abilities in vehicle)

Re: ShockAndAwe v5.01 (Major update and new features)

Thanks Levva for carry on enhancing this invaluable addon.

Thanks Levva! I don't know what enh shamans would do with out you
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    I knew I was not crazy !

Thank you for update - From a french guy!
    Zotac Ghostlands[H] - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Wootlessberger
    I knew I was not crazy !

Thank you for update - From a french guy!
    Your still crazy

Ty for update

The Flame Shock Dot Bar doesn't seem to show up unless the Shock Bar is enabled. If only the Flame Shock Dot Bar is enabled, it doesn't show up at all. If both bars are enabled, they both show up. Is this a bug, or an intended mechanic?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesefries
    The Flame Shock Dot Bar doesn't seem to show up unless the Shock Bar is enabled. If only the Flame Shock Dot Bar is enabled, it doesn't show up at all. If both bars are enabled, they both show up. Is this a bug, or an intended mechanic?
    It is really as intended but perhaps its not the most intuitive. The point is that they way its currently coded if you have the shock bar enabled then the code in there deals with if you have done a flame shock then start the FS bar.

I'll look to see if I can re-factor this to make it more intuitive.

Levva I love the addon and all the work you put into it.. you give every enhancement shaman a leg up on his competition just by how well done and how much love and care you put into your addon.. thanks man thanks a bunch

but why no love at wowinterface? you make me a sad cow that I have to go over to curse to download this.. I dream of a day when I can find the update at wowinterface.. my what a day that would be..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckBuck
    Levva I love the addon and all the work you put into it.. you give every enhancement shaman a leg up on his competition just by how well done and how much love and care you put into your addon.. thanks man thanks a bunch

but why no love at wowinterface? you make me a sad cow that I have to go over to curse to download this.. I dream of a day when I can find the update at wowinterface.. my what a day that would be..
    Answer is very very simple. Curse provide an SVN server.

What this means is that I can code changes and right click the addon folder and say commit and all those changes get uploaded to the server with full revision control (ie:every change is logged so I can undo it). When I want to create a new release all I do is to click on the "tag release" on my addon folder and Curse does the rest it takes the current version of the code strips out the debugging info and zips it all up. It posts that as a release version and updates the website all in one go. All I did was click "tag release" I don't even need to visit their website to do anything.

Compare with wowinterface where I have to manually zip up all the code and then edit out the debug stuff. Then I need to login to the wowinterface site and upload the new zip file. Then I need to update the text on the website to indicate there is a new release available.

Wowinterface is just WAY too much effort. Curse is designed for programmers Wowinterface is not. NONE of my addons will appear on wowinterface with my consent.

Deleted

I am far from any good at elemental dps but from what i have seem SSA could work with it, since ele works on a very simply priority system.

Is there any way to save your settings in SSA or for it to automatically save them depending on if you are using main or offspec?

Deleted

No support at present for saving different settings for different specs. I'll probably add that at some point though. The issue is different people want different things from a spec change eg:Enh -> Resto has different needs than Enh -> Ele.

I just wanted to let you know that i downloaded the new shock and awe today (9-29-09) and when i went to do eoe 10 as soon as i got on the disc the priority frame disapeared.

Deleted

Ah of course. That "vehicle" still allows you to do normal dps. I forgot anyone might do that raid. I'll fix it for next version.

Btw I've forgotten is EoE in black n white, it seems so old fashioned