Speed Exploit used in WSG?

I was playing in a WSG (10-19) yesterday to do my daily and there was a guy on our team that had some kind of super speed exploit. He had to be moving at something like 4000% speed increase. He said at the beginning of the match that he would finish it in 3 minutes, well it took him 4 and a half.

I asked how he did it and he mentioned something about an Ulduar enchantment from his main but he could have been lying. Does anybody know anything about this or been in a BG where someone is using it? I don't know of any enchantment that grants that kind of speed even it was able to be applied to an heirloom item.

I have to assume its an exploit and the guy will probably be banned for using it so I'm not interested in using it myself (at least for bgs) but if it is an acceptable feature it would really help with normal leveling.

Thanks.

Re: Speed Exploit used in WSG?

He was probably using some sort of exploit which is a bannable offense in any form (bg, leveling, farming mining nodes/herbs, etc.)

I've seen this 'exploit' aswell. Were you playing in the Cyclone Battlegroup at that time? I was playing on my Warrior (Troll Female; Jariah).

Maybe it was the same guy... he was an Orc Warlock of that I'm sure.

Regarding the exploit itself I don't know ... but yes I've seen it
    Wowhead/Wowwiki /cheer! -- iz k I no spiek moonfare LOL! -- twitter.com/flashieme

as far as i know... there are 2 ulduar enchants... both to weapons and neither have anything to do with speed...

he was lying and from the sounds of it... hacking

keep away from whatever it was he did.

On a side note I went in to WSG on my hunter and managed to cap in 75 seconds... that was with pack though

It definitely wasn't the same guy. This guy was an alliance rogue and I was playing on the Ruin battlegroup.

I know at least one person on our team put in a ticket for the exploit and I'm sure the other side had to put in at least one ticket.

Seems like its a fairly common exploit though if its happening in multiple battlegroups.

Quote Originally Posted by Akina_0WN3D
    Well the program used to hack is mby failry easy to get your hands on.. but I wouldn't suggest you to use any kinds of botting.. Except PvP bot
    I remember I botted in TBC.. all night and all day while I was on school

ofc, leading to some 3 hour bans, but it was ok.. I still got Shitloads of honor
    You are owning yourself..

Much like this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_LwW-rLH0w

Quote Originally Posted by Nialyah
    You are owning yourself..
    Can I haz a cooki naow?
    This user has been banned.

Same thing in AB. I would leave the Flag Post for 5 seconds, and this Shamen would instantly show up on my tracker at the flag. I would take a few shots at him, and he would disappear leaving my pet running off to LM (captured by Horde).

If AFKers were not bad enough, now we have exploiting in BG's. Imagine what would happen in Arena?!

It's good they are fairly fast on banning them, if only it were the case for the actual bots lol.

Personally I find this is most common with rogues 90% of the time I have only come across it in EOTS though so far and rarely see any other class using it.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

They are called speedhacks and will get you permabanned. They tend to happen a lot in the 10-19 bracket on trial accounts .

I don't suggest you doing it tho. Your IP adress will probably get permabanned aswell.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Seen this exploit a few times. A DK once used it in WSG and there was nothing i could do to stop him. Later in the same evening he was trying to cap flags in AB and doing it before the gates had even opened.

Thing is, i carried on playing hoping id come accross him again and sure enough he showed up in WSG. I decided i would defend and was a complete nuisance to him. The way to beat these exploiters is quite simply to defend capped points. No matter how fast they can move they have to stand still for 8 seconds to cap.

Rarely ever does anything good come from an exploit, but this one exploiter only promoted what should be an essential part of any BG, defence! Incidently, we actually won the AB game i mentioned above despite his cheating. I noticed halfway through the game he had AFKed out because we played for a 3-2 resources win and had prevented him from being able to cap.

This happens a lot more, because Blizzard put more weight on BG's (with exp), so you can now level in them. Hence, people want leveling to go faster, so they exploit.

Heh, its just another way to deal with rogues

I actually saw a new type of hack recently lol. There was a warrior in IOC that somehow managed a hack to keep him permanently behind me, he was hopping around behind me nonstop every time i tried to move or turn. No lag, nothing, and yes I'm sure it was a warrior and not a rogue with killing spree up :P. Love combat logs

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.