Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: [Priest] Solo Leveling Guide

fail

You've made a bad start to your forum posting, clean up, fix up and look sharp ~ Ultima

(That means this is a "verbal" warning)

That's not a very nice reply, snub.

Anyway, check out the leveling guide in the sticky thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/(priest)-guides-faq's-talent-discussions-etc/

In particular this, but the other one is quite nice too ^^
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/(priest)-solo-leveling-guide/
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Anyway, check out the leveling guide in the sticky thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/(priest)-guides-faq's-talent-discussions-etc/

In particular this, but the other one is quite nice too ^^
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/(priest)-solo-leveling-guide/
    Thanks, I saw those threads before but I think that Spirit of Redemtion for instance is nice for leveling. Sure when ur dead it's no use but the 5% increased spirit is nice for spellpower.
    Think I'll stick to the build and make minor tweaks on the way if I don't like the current talents.

Why go through such agonizing pain, why not just go shadow spec?

You should've stayed horde

I would recommend this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...2,UadqR-,11723

Take Aspiration instead of Martyrdom, decrease PI cooldown means more pew pew.

Spellwarding is probably a better investment than Blessed Recovery. However, another option is to take Healing Focus + Improved Renew. Those are useful if you want to do some Holy Nova AoE grinding. Some people are against Improved Renew, but it's actually your best heal when on the move.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks a lot Xel! This looks like a build that would better suit me for solo questing all the way.
    I'm not too sure about healing focus though cause through power word shield there will be no pushback
    Even when Holy Nova AOE grinding a single renew + the holy nova healing will be efficient enough I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimapan
    Why go through such agonizing pain, why not just go shadow spec?
    You should've stayed horde
    I leveled my other priest as shadow till 69 and I just want something different.
    And I'm playing alongside my horde priest, just too tired of raiding without progress so I put that one on hold for a while
    (+ I'm pretty tired of ALWAYS losing wintergrasp)

At 57 now and entering Outland soon. Spriest for solo. Disc for instances. As I love the TBC instances, I plan on healing my way through Outland. What should my stat priorities be in gear? Up to this point, I have focused on Spirit, Int, Spell Power. Should this change in TBC? Most gear seems to be Int/Stam/SP/MP5. Sprit seems to be lacking. When I read lvl 80 commentary, it seems the importance of Spirit is diminished in Raids, but what about healing 5 mans while leveling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am leveling my priest as a healer through the LFD tool and i was wondering what would be a nice disc/holy spec for this?
    All the disc/holy leveling specs i've seen is for solo so dps talents are taken wich i have no need for when focusing only on healing.

Any help is appreciated!

/TT

Hi,

I'm a level 50 priest, and I need help!

I read the shadow priest leveling guide but I still have some questions.

1. What rotation should I use, except pulling with VampT?
    2. What are my stat prio (SP, int or spi)?

Ehm, guess that was about it :P

and OffT, anyone else then me feel priest sucks dps wise in instances?

Armory link if you for some reason need it.

15+ Year Old Account

for lower levels and especially if you don't have a main character supporting you , the smite spec is definitely with to take a look at it. I used to go 3/3 spirit tap (as usual), then go into disc first until meditation, then go into holy for dps. when soloing, you never ever ever go oom anymore, which is the biggest issue at low levels. who cares if after holy fire, smite, smite (smite) the second (third) smite does 10% overkill or 90% overkill. you need those 3 (4) spells anyway... but if you go oom fast(er) and you need to regen more often, that is what you care about. the second point is - already mentioned - the weakness of shadow is that you need your dots to run their full duration if you want to see the strength of shadow - it's high dps. mobs die so damn fast nowadays, so shadow is way behind in efficiency, at least until lvl 40. up to level 40 and with a regen-based-smite-spec you can level quite comfortable both while soloing and also while leveling. shadowspec is always far behind any smite spec when it comes to healing. and because leveling through LFD tool is by far the quickest way and queuing as healer get's you at least 3 times more invites over time, it's just the way to go until lvl40.

at level 40 then you say hello to both shadowform and dualspec, so you can go to the then by far better dps spec for leveling and a far better dedicated healing spec for instances. and with the right professions, there is no problem to achieve the 1000g for dualspec + glyphs anymore.

I just wanted to add a little secret I have, that's helped me a great deal while leveling priests.
    So far I've leveled 3 priests, the first one I leveled normally, as shadow. And well, this took a long ass time, so when I came to leveling my second priest, I decided to try something radical when I was around level ~35.

The idea is to stack str and agi. Yes, you read it right, str and agi.
    At first, this idea seemed like a long-shot, and pretty retarded, but fuck me, it works. After doing this, my leveling was fast as hell, damn I was like a ret paladin with ranged spells. And when I leveled my 3rd priest, I did this from the beginning, I got as much str/agi gear and enchants/sockets as I could and just cut through everything. I'm telling you guys, up to level ~70-75, this works very, very well.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

So I'm currently leveling with the smite build (34 atm) and I was wondering if it would be better to respec into Shadow at 40, or stay with Smite until 50. I have a full set of BoA gear (including double trinkets), so I've basically never had mana problems.

Also, anyone know of a good guide that includes a section on Disc dungeon leveling pre-80?