Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: resto troll hit 100% haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Nawa
    with about 988 haste rating i have 30.18% haste

throw in 30% from bloodlust/heroism and the fix to spell casting berserking troll racial for another 20% and the t10 set bonus for yet another 20% haste bonus then in theory 30% base+30% BL+20% racial+ 20% 2set= 100% on next spell cast(instant cast) should be able to get about 2 of them off before berserking fades if you pop it right after riptide

is this theory crafting actually possible or is there some sort of hidden cap on haste to prevent instant cast chain heals
    If this is True i would have to say you are a raids best friend at this point... Chain Heal spammage... unfortunatly there is the added side effect of burning through mana faster then flash paper... but i guess it can be mitigated to some extent

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Err, sorry but you've made a common mistake; 200% speed = 3 times as fast, not 2.

0%= regular cast speed.
    50%= 1.5 times regular cast speed.
    100%= 2.0 times regular cast speed.
    200%= 3.0 times regular cast speed.
    actually, regular cast time would be 100%, seeing as how you can't set the baseline at 0%, so 100% spell haste would be 200% speed, or 1/2 cast times. bbr was right

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbuddy
    actually, regular cast time would be 100%, seeing as how you can't set the baseline at 0%, so 100% spell haste would be 200% speed, or 1/2 cast times. bbr was right
    No, you're ignoring what was mentioned earlier; Haste is defined as "increases your casting speed by X%." Therefor, with no Haste you have 0% increased cast speed.

You are defining Haste as "reduces your cast time by X%." which is incorrect. Can't really explain it better than that, but it should be apparent...

edit:

I decided to mathematically prove myself with Lightning Bolt, to abolish any misinformation:

2.00/1.25 = 1.60 (Remember that magic 25% Haste to fit 5 Lightning Bolts between your Lava Burst? Right here.)
    2.00/1.50 = 1.333
    2.00/2.00 = 1.00 (Seeing the connection yet?)
    2.00/3.00 = 0.666 (This is a Lightning Bolt cast 3 times faster.)

edit2:

Quote Originally Posted by Nerv-Faktor
    You are both right.
    Normal casting Speed is 100% casting speed = 0% increased casting Speed
    So 200% casting speed is 100% incrased casting speed (= 100% spellhaste).
    After reading this post, I realized that we both misread each others terms, and we are both in fact right.

100% Regular Casting Speed = 0% Increased Casting Speed. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    No, you're ignoring what was mentioned earlier; Haste is defined as "increases your casting speed by X%." Therefor, with no Haste you have 0% increased cast speed.

You are defining Haste as "reduces your cast time by X%." which is incorrect. Can't really explain it better than that, but it should be apparent...
    You are both right.
    Normal casting Speed is 100% casting speed = 0% increased casting Speed
    So 200% casting speed is 100% incrased casting speed (= 100% spellhaste).

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Soft cap..

You can have cast times lower than one second.
    I do like 0.8sec casts all the time at General Vezax with the haste buff.
    yes, but after passing the GCD of 1 sec. you won't be increasing your HPS / DPS anymore.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mazrigos&n=Wannablast

100% spell haste means your spells take half as long to cast.

Actually you can still see a dps increase when going past the GCD, thnks to the almighty latency, atleast if you're hitting the buttons fast enough^^

Quote Originally Posted by Moradin
    Actually you can still see a dps increase when going past the GCD, thnks to the almighty latency, atleast if you're hitting the buttons fast enough^^
    It'll increase your DPS/Cast but still wouldn't increase your overall damage done (as you're gcd capped at 1sec), so if you were spamming one button it'd be wasted.

If there were 2 casts, one longer than the other, you'd generally want to push the longer cast more often (unless the shorter cast greatly outdoes the longer casts damage, which shouldn't really be true in normal terms, as longer casts tend to have a high co-efficient - E.g. Fireball/Pyroblast - Again, talents etc can change this though.)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

haste on gear for players has a cap, its 33%

and yes, once haste reduces casts below GCD it becomes the same as hit rating above cap.

what is the use in a .5 sec cast if u must wait more than .5 sec before u may cast again... they thought this out

in addition, Bloodlust/heroism works with all this, with the bloodlust effect most people will be at around 50%, or in other words 100% haste if it were all on gear and not an effect meaning a 2 second cast would take about 1 second. noone will ever look at their spell haste and see 100%, or even 35% at that
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    haste on gear for players has a cap, its 33%

and yes, once haste reduces casts below GCD it becomes the same as hit rating above cap.

what is the use in a .5 sec cast if u must wait more than .5 sec before u may cast again... they thought this out

in addition, Bloodlust/heroism works with all this, with the bloodlust effect most people will be at around 50%, or in other words 100% haste if it were all on gear and not an effect meaning a 2 second cast would take about 1 second. noone will ever look at their spell haste and see 100%, or even 35% at that
    Now please read what posters above you wrote.

Did that? Now read it again.

Now read it again, again.

Now grab a pen or whatever, go to a corner of your room and write on your wall:
    "I am too dumb to read what a ton of players wrote before me and like to spread false information, or simply bullshit."

EVERYTHING you wrote is bullshit.
    There is no haste-cap. There are Soft- and Hardcaps(and "caps" inbetween). And those only really count for DPS, healers might get something from having faster casts. (player doesn't die when healed by a 0.9sec Cast, but would die if heal would arrive 0.1sec later, etc.)
    Softcap is nearly always 50% haste. Not 50% on gear, but 50%. This means that the GCD is reduced to 1sec.
    Hardcap varies from class to class, for Elementals it would be 100% Haste, as this would make our slowest cast (Lightning Bolt) reach the GCD (1 sec).

Now the last part is really dumb... with Bloodlust they'll be at 50% and therefore at 100%? Did you even read what you wrote?!? I mean.. it's written all over thios goddamn thread, that a 2sec Cast needs 100% Haste to become a 1sec cast.... how could you be so damn ignorant not to see that? -.-

I really hope, for your guild, that you play better than what your understanding about.. well, about anything concerning WoW, is... I really hope so...

side note: there is way to go trough 1sec GCD, but only with special talents, i must mention backdraft....i am not 100% sure but i am 95% sure that i had .7 sec cast time for immolate and i was not overclipping GCD