Page 1 of 2
LastLast

resto troll hit 100% haste?

with about 988 haste rating i have 30.18% haste

throw in 30% from bloodlust/heroism and the fix to spell casting berserking troll racial for another 20% and the t10 set bonus for yet another 20% haste bonus then in theory 30% base+30% BL+20% racial+ 20% 2set= 100% on next spell cast(instant cast) should be able to get about 2 of them off before berserking fades if you pop it right after riptide

is this theory crafting actually possible or is there some sort of hidden cap on haste to prevent instant cast chain heals

Re: resto troll hit 100% haste?

i dont think you can add up those values in that way, but then again, i suck at math.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Erm.

If your spell cast goes below 1 sec for anything except instant cast spells or channeled spells ( which is quite unlikely) doesnt GCD jump in or some sort of cooldown. Meaning there is a haste cap and if you push more than that cap youre actually just having "extra" haste that doesnt really do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawa
    with about 988 haste rating i have 30.18% haste

throw in 30% from bloodlust/heroism and the fix to spell casting berserking troll racial for another 20% and the t10 set bonus for yet another 20% haste bonus then in theory 30% base+30% BL+20% racial+ 20% 2set= 100% on next spell cast(instant cast) should be able to get about 2 of them off before berserking fades if you pop it right after riptide

is this theory crafting actually possible or is there some sort of hidden cap on haste to prevent instant cast chain heals
    I think it works like this:

30% on 30% on 20% on 20% which is about 56%

Your math is flawed. Haste not reduce the the cast time: It increases your cast speed. There is a subtle difference.

If you assume it reduces the cast speed, 100% haste would indeed make spells instant. However, this is wrong. 100% haste means you cast twice as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Haste % increases the number of spells per time and doesn't decrease the casttime by its percent value.

100% haste => twice as much spells.

anyway... very fast casting.

To GCD: The GCD is capped somewhere and does prevent you to cast the next spell, but chainhealspam at gcd speed sounds fun

edit: to late -.-

GCD isnt 1 sec with that much haste as the dude said earlier, haste reduces the GCD to, to a certain point i believe, but wiht trinkets and BL i cast LBs at 0.8 speed, and it is quite fun, indeed. Too bad my latency is too high for me to benefit 100% from that 0.8 cast speed.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

100% haste doesn't make all your spells instant.
    Just means you cast at 200% speed. so twice as much spells.

GCD is capped at 1 second for spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter
    I think it works like this:

30% on 30% on 20% on 20% which is about 56%
    Nope, it's additive.

But it'll hit cap when you reduce .5 second off your GCD. GCD cannot be reduced below 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by jarell88
    Your math is flawed. Haste not reduce the the cast time: It increases your cast speed. There is a subtle difference.

If you assume it reduces the cast speed, 100% haste would indeed make spells instant. However, this is wrong. 100% haste means you cast twice as fast.
    This.
    But try it and spit out 1sec CHs
    srsly!

15+ Year Old Account

i calculated haste for melee before whit BiS haste gear i didnt get more then about 75% whit all buffs

as for spell haste i dunno
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Dalithe
    But it'll hit cap when you reduce .5 second off your GCD. GCD cannot be reduced below 1 second.
    My point exactly that gcd cant go below that

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    GCD isnt 1 sec with that much haste as the dude said earlier, haste reduces the GCD to, to a certain point i believe, but wiht trinkets and BL i cast LBs at 0.8 speed, and it is quite fun, indeed. Too bad my latency is too high for me to benefit 100% from that 0.8 cast speed.
    That and the GCD limiting you to 1 spell per second. But you left that part out.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Answer
    Nope, it's additive.
    No it's not.
    Let's say you've got 20% Haste on gear and then look at your Chain Heal-Tooltip.
    It will say 2.0833333 seconds.
    Now put down Wrath of Air Totem.
    You will then be at ~1.984127 seconds.
    BUT WAIT! Shouldn't it be additive? Because if so, you'd have 25% Haste and therefore you'd be at exactly 2 seconds...

Just test it and you will see how it works. (better grab a calculator :P)

The way Haste works is like this:
    [((((*basic Casttime* / *Haste on Gear*) / *Haste Buff 1*) / *Haste Buff 2*) / *Haste Buff 3*) / ........]
    So you'll have to divide the Casttime by the Haste on your gear, then divide by the first Haste Buff, then divide by the second, etc.
    If you look at it mathmatically, you'll see that you could also multiply the Haste Buffs with each other and THEN divide the basic Casttime by the combined Haste Buffs (and Haste on Gear of course).
    Making it look more like this:
    [basic Casttime] / (*Haste on Gear* x *Haste Buff 1* x *Haste Buff 2* x *Haste Buff 3* x .......)

---> As others said, it is NOT possible to get a spell to be an instant cast and in a lot of cases Haste loses a lot of it's value at the soft- or hardcap. (ALL of its value for DPS, but just MUCH for healers... cause those 0.1 seconds can still heal someone faster, yadda yadda)

Deleted

DaDimi speaks the truth.
    As been said its impossable to get to instant heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalithe
    Soft cap..

You can have cast times lower than one second.
    I do like 0.8sec casts all the time at General Vezax with the haste buff.

100% haste = twice as much spells
    as said before.
    twice as much spells = half casttime
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.4
    Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities.

Meaning if you have .8 sec cast time. you will have .2 sec where you get the same red text as rogue does all the time:
    "That spell isn't ready yet"

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    100% haste doesn't make all your spells instant.
    Just means you cast at 200% speed. so twice as much spells.
    Err, sorry but you've made a common mistake; 200% speed = 3 times as fast, not 2.

0%= regular cast speed.
    50%= 1.5 times regular cast speed.
    100%= 2.0 times regular cast speed.
    200%= 3.0 times regular cast speed.