Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any DW tanks wanna link armory profile

As the subject says, I'm looking for some DW tanks to link armory profile, for me to get a sneak peak. Preferably endgame tanks.

cheers

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Any DW tanks wanna link armory profile

DW tank isn't good.

but you can check mine out (armory is down.. =/)
    you can check my Wow-heroes though.

Runicblood-Suramar
    I 3d print stuff

Runicblood..DW tanking is fine, it works and is 100% viable even in endgame.
    If you disagree my advise is stop reading old forums, and learn to do the math if you want to post a new arguement against it. There is plenty out there that shows its viability now.

Armory is down atm, when possible i will link my DK (not the most amazing gear but he is my alt... can tank ToC10 and 25 with no issues, I would assume ToGC10 as well..but my mage get priority)

i first wana see frost get a decent cooldown to use then its maybe doable,unbreakble armour is crap compared to vamp blood,il maybe try it out in new patch il doubt il stick with it...

15+ Year Old Account

Dw tanking is fine if you have lvl232+ gear becuase of the hit rating and expertise on it. I personally have gear mostly lvl200-226 and trying to DW tank was horrible. My threat generation was lower, i took higher spike damage, enough for the healer to ask me several times if I was Def capped.

I'm not saying DW tanking isn't viable, it just isn't until YOu have higher raid lvl gear.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

dw tank is fun im trying find good tank weapons i got the one from 10man ony and going for the 25man version dw frost tank is much better than 2 handed frost simply for the fact that TOT makes your killing machine and rime proc more often

on a side note go look up spyte on the server illladin hes the most amazing dw tanking dk ive ever seen i use his spec when i dw tank, and yea frost is more situational for aoe tanking but its decent for boss tanking especially when the boss deals more physical than magic damage

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Roscoepcolt

I have yet to have any trouble tanking anything so far. Now I will say I am usually the OT because of the HP loss I took with the nerf. But buffed i am still sitting at 42000 hp. Now i am playing around with my spec because I like being able to freeze mobs into place when tanking large sets. But normally that point is elsewhere (deathchill , etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Sindonay
    As the subject says, I'm looking for some DW tanks to link armory profile, for me to get a sneak peak. Preferably endgame tanks.

cheers
    They're hard to find for a reason. Just sayin.

And no offense to the ones who posted their Armory links, but neither one of you is "end-game."
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

Well I have tanked everything including Mim in Uld 10 and 25. And have also tanked up to and including the twins on 25 man. Have yet to do any 10 man. No complaints yet from healers. I know that going further will require more gear, but I don't get enough time to play to gather gear up like I used to. I am usually the OT beside our better geared pally. So far everything has went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Parietis
    They're hard to find for a reason. Just sayin.

And no offense to the ones who posted their Armory links, but neither one of you is "end-game."
    neither are you, so that works out

yeah I didn't even notice that. Not much better geared then my dk and calling me out on not being end game geared. Never actually claimed to be. Just stated that so far as a DW Dk tank I have had no problems tanking or complaints from my group for my spec.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy
    neither are you, so that works out
    Quote Originally Posted by john879
    yeah I didn't even notice that. Not much better geared then my dk and calling me out on not being end game geared. Never actually claimed to be. Just stated that so far as a DW Dk tank I have had no problems tanking or complaints from my group for my spec.
    You guys miss my point. I'm not being arrogant, in fact my Death Knight is an inexperienced alt in welfare gear. Check out my achievements too if you want, if I were scared it wouldn't be in my signature. What I was trying to say is that beyond the gear level of those who posted their Armory links, dual wield tanks tend to stop appearing. You just don't see them anymore. Feel free to prove me wrong.

[And to hotandholy, "neither are you, so that works out?" What works out? Wow, great post. ???]
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

When gearing, don't forget you need to get your Expertise up as a DW tank (If you don't already).
    Herring seeks your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Parietis
    You guys miss my point. I'm not being arrogant, in fact my Death Knight is an inexperienced alt in welfare gear. Check out my achievements too if you want, if I were scared it wouldn't be in my signature. What I was trying to say is that beyond the gear level of those who posted their Armory links, dual wield tanks tend to stop appearing. You just don't see them anymore. Feel free to prove me wrong.

[And to hotandholy, "neither are you, so that works out?" What works out? Wow, great post. ???]
    Endgame geared DK tanks are almost always Blood because of the superior health/healing abilities and CD? Well, that is my guess anyways.

yes right now blood is the end game spec. Not sure what will be after next patch. With the addition of the new runeforge I think DW could make a jump to end game tanking. With being able to move gems and chants away from defense. I wasn't cutting your Dk and I apologize if It came across that way. I like DW tanking and if it comes up and I have to go 2h when my guild progresses I will. I honestly just didn't like blood when I started my DK maybe it has changed now. To be honest I tanked as unholy/blood until last patch that did all the Dk nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Endgame geared DK tanks are almost always Blood because of the superior health/healing abilities and CD? Well, that is my guess anyways.
    And it will stay that way for a while even if DW becomes better than 2H blood. Why? Gearing differences, one specs BiS will not be anothers BiS..most grabbed BiS for Blood...so until they get is for DW they will stay with thier most effective spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeldeth
    And it will stay that way for a while even if DW becomes better than 2H blood. Why? Gearing differences, one specs BiS will not be anothers BiS..most grabbed BiS for Blood...so until they get is for DW they will stay with thier most effective spec.
    I second that , started as blood tank , been a blood tank even for sarth+3 and still am a blood tank so its hard now to go dw tanking due to item stats etc
    U can check me on armory or wow-heroes Metalika of Agamaggan EU

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

dual wielding might work fine for totc25 normal, some ulduar hardmodes. But when you're doing the new totc 25 man stuff, like beasts and anub it really doesn't work to gimp your gear, to gain the other stats needed to run with dual wielding just because you want to be different.
    Currently I'd agree on blood being the best endgame specc. I've been running it ever since ulduar patch came out and I'm still using it now doing totc 25 man hardmodes.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dt&n=Arochanox

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    I second that , started as blood tank , been a blood tank even for sarth+3 and still am a blood tank so its hard now to go dw tanking due to item stats etc
    ToC tanking gear is covered in expertise. One would think this would work to DW tankings advantage because you need about 30 expertise skill to get parried as much as a warrior. I would think the lack of hit effects all specs equally, as I can't see any reason to go over the specials cap for a tank to begin with.

No, I'm pretty sure the itemization of tank gear isn't the reason why DW tanking is inferior. The only "itemization" issue is that tank weapons are fast so any perceived benefit from going for double tank weapons is outweighed by the need for slow weapons (at the very least mainhand) for competitive threat output.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by john879
    Well I have tanked everything including Mim in Uld 10 and 25. And have also tanked up to and including the twins on 25 man. Have yet to do any 10 man. No complaints yet from healers. I know that going further will require more gear, but I don't get enough time to play to gather gear up like I used to. I am usually the OT beside our better geared pally. So far everything has went well.
    Your achievement lists seem to differ

10man ulduar - done to keepers, hodirs the only one dead
    25 man ulduar - FL,XT,razor scale dead
    10 man ToC - up to twins
    25 man ToC - nothing