Switching to Ulduar hardmodes.

We are about to clear Ulduar 10 in my guild. Something WAY overdue and I believe that the problem we were having is fixed now. I am talking to the guild leader and he would like to start attempting Hard Modes. Other than Flame Leviathan, what are some other Hard Modes that we could start attempting.

As a guild, we have cleared ToC 10 and the only thing keeping us from having not beaten all of Ulduar is time, learning the fight, as we have barely been seriously raiding for a couple months now and have focused on ToC, and ofc, we have had RL issues play into hand...

Non-the-less, we are geared enough to do Hard Modes and are at the point we should be able to begin. So the question is: What hard modes should be start attempting to do, what would be a good check off list, any specific HM 's that would be easier to focus on and progress with? Thank you for the help!

Marouka of Kilrogg

Re: Switching to Ulduar hardmodes.

XT and IC is good to begin with, maybe Thorim / Hodir / General after.
    I think Freya / Mimi is some of the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel
    XT and IC is good to begin with, maybe Thorim / Hodir / General after.
    I think Freya / Mimi is some of the hardest.

We actually got Hodir/Thorim before we got XT and IC >.>

But yeah Freya+3 is the hardest Watcher hard mode imo *Shudder*

Majesty

XT is cake, you just need solid DPSers. That is the one I would start with first.

Council can also be done fairly easily, just gotta know what you are doing. We did it week 1 of Ulduar (we were in 25 naxx/os/maly gear), I would go for that second. We would kill the Dwarf first, then get Runemaster low (5%) and wait for him to drop a Rune of Power then kill him, get people in the Rune of Power and pop Heroism and burn the shit out of Steelbreaker.

From there Hodir isn't bad, again you just need solid DPSers and good healers. Thorim is also very easy (though we were in 25 man Uld gear by that time which makes 10 man hardmodes a complete pushover).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Teneal

Mimiron is the shiz, at least for us. But I would bet if we go back after Anub'Arak Mimiron will be ubereasy.
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Pre-nerf(as in nerfs on XT/IC) Hodir/Thorim were easier than XT/IC; but thanks to the many, many nerfs these two encounters have taken; its much easier to do them!

If you have ToC gear your iLvL should be high enough to make FL+4 a breeze now(esp in 10man); in 25man now we can do FL+4 with only 1 shutdown thanks to the giant boost in iLvL gear from ToC and ToGC. After FL, I'd say XT > IC > Hodir > Thorim > General > Freya+3 > Firefighter > Yogg1 > Algalon > Yogg0 for 10man.

well, flame lev, iron council, hodir, general and XT is probably the easiest ones, also thorim is fairly easy.
    freya, and yogg +1 keepers is followed after that, and the hardest is probably mimiron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

We sort of stopped trying for hard modes once ToC came out (sigh), so we've only got a few...

XT was the easiest; I'd start there.

Hodir is more of a gear check than anything else; Thorim is the same way.

Iron Council was more of a learning process: once we figured out how best to use our comp for the fight, it just took some practice.

We still only have Flame +3... apparently dodging falling freezing beams is hard?

Freya+3 is cake, i thought it would be hard so i always avoided it now i dont know why i ever avoided it, very fun. Mim is fun but can be tough we ran ou of time the other day trying it, two very close wipes but thats the most fun ive had in a raid in a while. Toc hard can be a blast in 10s until you reach the faction chumps and you find out ppl cant think and move at the same time, same with the twins. Anub is great and easy on 10 if you only allow one burrow and hae some hellagood healers.

XT is very easy, thorim is cake, hodir is lol, havent tried general yet or yogg. I may try them soon but was never interested in them but a few guildies want mounts so we spend about 2hrs a week getting achievements for various ppl now.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Kologarn Hardmode imo.
    Herring seeks your life!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchlol
    Kologarn Hardmode imo.
    Heh. Forgot about that one... yeah, that's even easier than XT.

Imo the worst is Mimiron, had to pain alot to get it. Freya needs some efforts and iron council good dps. Rest is easy.

You should definitely do ic hm before the keepers due to the quest chain.

xt isnt that bad and its been nerfed to easiness in 10 man.

Hodir requires good dps and Freya requires good healers neither are hard at all if you have them.

Thorim is an execution fight nothing really hard about it once you can dispel frost novas and stay out of the blizzard.

Mimi is still a bitch execution wise and will take some serious wipeage to get kiting down but it is now managable in the heals department he took a gian 30 percent damage nerf a while ago which made it go from insanely difficult to not that bad.

General is easy if you cheese it with druids auto attacking for clearcasts and rolling the first 2 lifeblooms in black shit or disc preist sheilding from the black shit, or healers in ret spec or shammies in enh for the unlimited mana.

Yogg+1 is a whole different fight from regular yogg as long as your ranged up top on on their game to keep p2 clear and dispellers and decursers keep people clear its managable but will take some wipes and you really need to go with thorim and just make people stop chaining those fears sara does you wont lose sanity to rng after 35 percent now i think so dont listen to excuses.

Algalon is still a retardadly intensive healing fight if you dont have a pallie as one of your healers in 10 man.

But you guys definitely outgear the place for hms if you have been doing toc 10 so not having the gear to down bosses shouldnt be an issue as it was for me in a strictly 10 man guild at the time. Good times trying to get our warr mt 4pt8 for firefighter.

To funny. We had XT first, then Thorim, and then Freya. We still haven't knocked out Hodir, but we also haven't really tried since ToC
    "Peace is a lie"

Thanks very much guys! Any other helpful tips and tidbits?? What kind of tanks, what kind of healers, what kind of dps? Things like this?