Training Dummies and Practice question?

A lot of the guides i have read state you need to practice practice practice. So when i am not grouped, which training dummy should i be practicing on. I have heard that you shouldn't bother with the heroic dummy, as you won't have any of the buffs you would have in a raid situation. Is this true? Which training dummy should i use for accurate results?

Re: Training Dummies and Practice question?

I would say you should only use the Heroic Dummy, as that is the only one that accurately reflects your Raid Potential...including misses and resists/armor reductions.

Any warrior will tell you it doesn't feel "right" using the heroic training dummy if you're just solo, since you depend on raid buffs and debuffs for your core mechanic of rage generation, you just won't the rage you will normally get in a raid from that dummy.

So, feel free to practice on the regular 80 dummy to simulate a raid situation, but just understand what your hit and expertise stats need to be since they will be more relaxed on the 80 than a real boss.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Don't use a dummy. It's quite simple. If you want to practice, just do a lot of heroics as that's all the practice you'll really need. Every boss fight includes some sort of event or mechanic that requires you to adapt, learn when to use certain cooldowns, when you need to move around, and where to avoid.

For instance, Keristrasza in The Nexus helps train you for movement/jumping in fights like Hodir.
    Cyragosa in HVH trains you to learn when to avoid attacking to avoid aggro in aggro-drop phases to avoid dying.
    The mammoth boss in Gundrak trains you to keep on your interrupts and burst DPS, which helps in fights like Jaraxxus and General Vazax.
    The elemental switching boss in Gundrak and the Rogue in H ToC 5-man helps you with a number of bosses that have fire/poison being spit out and around.

Practice your rotations in different areas and different dungeons in real-world applications and experiment with different group compositions to see which buffs you benefit from most so that you know for the future and are not just taking someone else's word for it.