Thread: Lich King fight

Lich King fight

So what does everyone think the Lich King fight gimmick will be?

50 attempts a week a la ToC? or a 1hr timer a la Algalon? 1 attempt a week then Jaina says she has a hair appointment and ports everyone out? 1 attempt and Arthas says he's bored and going to leave and go watch Deathwing bust up Azeroth?

What do you think the ICC gimmick will be?

Re: Lich King fight

who cares, stop the speculation and just wait without spamming up the forums with useless posts that are posted so many times a day. Please have some patience you will find out soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldun
    Its the Fresh Cum from the argent tournament daily. It spawns a shark in any swimmable water.

Quote Originally Posted by Arondight
    who cares, stop the speculation and just wait without spamming up the forums with useless posts that are posted so many times a day. Please have some patience you will find out soon
    Rage much?...lol

Sorry i haven't seen any other posts on what people think will be the artificial blocking system used to slow the killing of the lich king.

What are forums for if not for asking peoples opinions and start discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    Rage much?...lol

Sorry i haven't seen any other posts on what people think will be the artificial blocking system used to slow the killing of the lich king.

What are forums for if not for asking peoples opinions and start discussion?
    Trolling. Hard.
    On a related note, I imagine they'll just put some kind of combination between Algalon and Grand Crusader, which will be like 10 attempts or an hour, whichever comes first.

i liked some of people's ideas where it'd be like the end of Zelda where you have to escape the rapidly crumbling [Frozen Throne]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The main lich king normal fight won't have any gimmicks, you'll have unlimited attempts over unlimited time. Arthas isn't a special hard mode only boss, he is faceroll gonna die in the first day on normal mode content.

...as for hard mode...well we will have to wait and see.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Timed limited amount of attemps and if you fail he turns the raid into peanuts

I hope in one of those things to happen during LK fight:

1) Galakrond will be revived as frost wyrm during the fight.

2) Burning Legion will come help us in defeating Arthas. That would be awesome.

3) One of less or more important named npcs will die

4) Arthas will not be redeemed.

However i asked gm about it and he said that Arthas will be beaten by Hogger. I knew it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa

However i asked gm about it and he said that Arthas will be beaten by Hogger. I knew it.
    damnit... i cant wait for hogger to be the final boss of an expac... probably be there for the lvl 95-100 ones.

in seriousness tho.. I'd like to see the Arthas hard mode similar to algalon. But not so severe. A timer on it so you cant just come back over and over and over (for 50 wipes) but then again not one hour.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

here is the fight.

you enter the lich kings throne room with highlord tirion.

the lich king yells some angry comment and swings his frostmourne at the raid.
    the icy blast kills everyone exept the highlord and one raid member. highlord uses ashbringer to make this surviving member extremely powerful.

now the whole raid gets turned into skeleton versions of themselves by the lich king and the survivor must fight both his fallen teamates and the lich king.

if the survivor dies the lich king flys off and you have to wait a week to challenge him again.

I guess its going to be a normal fight like all other bosses in the raid but of course with some epic experience.Afterall Algalon is far more powerful than the Lich King as Algalon wants to destroy everything to its primary elements while The Lich King wants everyone after his command-there is diffrence.Also we all know that those timers/limitations were damn annoying!

Keep in mind Y0K took a long time to kill without any kind of cockblock... Or do you guys think that was just because algalon was getting all the attention? I'd love a fight that's COMPLEX. In that regard, yogg gets full points imo, because algalon is very simple, its just the numbers are tight.. (that aside, gfx for algalon are epic)

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    Keep in mind Y0K took a long time to kill without any kind of cockblock... Or do you guys think that was just because algalon was getting all the attention? I'd love a fight that's COMPLEX. In that regard, yogg gets full points imo, because algalon is very simple, its just the numbers are tight.. (that aside, gfx for algalon are epic)
    Yogg+0 is also considered to be the hardest single boss in WoW history.

EDIT: Don't forget the higher Ilevel gear available from Hardmodes. Imagine him without that or a Legendary.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

If you die to Arthas, your soul is sucked into Frostmourne, and you cannot rez until the raid resets. (On an unrelated side note, every major guild has moved their progression raid night to the night before raid resets...)

Joking... but it'd be a twist.

its gunna be tough healing fight tell u that much (hp loss ever second= annoying)...
    anyways I thought i read that in the end we have to run away...
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by afrokid53
    its gunna be tough healing fight tell u that much (hp loss ever second= annoying)...
    anyways I thought i read that in the end we have to run away...
    I heard this as well. Something as in the Throne Collapsing and stuff like that...

Anyway, I think HM will be:
    Without the help of Tirrion or any other NPC,
    With 3 Frostdrakes up,
    Not closing the entrance cousing hundreds of Ghouls to keep climbing up towards the raid,
    Not destroying the Soul Forges inside the Instance, all give him a buff and also unique attacks.
    Not using the special weapon that was mentioned in a questline some time ago (or Arthas old Hammer)

Whatever they choose, I dont think blizz will be to unique with this...
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    So what does everyone think the Lich King fight gimmick will be?

50 attempts a week a la ToC? or a 1hr timer a la Algalon? 1 attempt a week then Jaina says she has a hair appointment and ports everyone out? 1 attempt and Arthas says he's bored and going to leave and go watch Deathwing bust up Azeroth?

What do you think the ICC gimmick will be?
    There won't be one. If there was, they would've already announced one.

Lich King is available on both difficulties, so an Algalon is a no-go, and you can shift boss difficulties at will so a 50 attempt thing wouldn't really work either.

Just an old school style generally (hopefully) hard boss that you can ram your face into as long as you want.