Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Possible FFB spec with the new changes??

Just bored at work and kicking around a new possible FFB spec ideas for shits and giggles with the new changes....

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#oZfVc...ckcucfzxfo:IiG

would love to testdummy this, but can't get onto the PTR

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Possible FFB speck with the new changes??

There is no k in specialization.

No Minor glyphs. I don't see a point to use that spec since it's useless.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Deleted

this spec is NOT useless. the idea is quite good, needs some testing to see if its viable but with the recent changes it should deal quite good damage.
    remember he spoke about ptr and not live. on live servers it would be useless
    oh and, i would take those 3 points out of brainfreeze and instead put them into fire power for a 5/5 firepower and an additional 6% frostfirebolt damage

btw: its called "spec", not "speck" (coming from specialization)

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#of0q0...Iccofzcf0x:Iiw
    i did 3k dps in naxx with this!!!!
    rotation is
    arcane blast x5
    FFB x5
    throw in fireballs and frostbolts if u feel like it too
    Banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator
    this spec is NOT useless. the idea is quite good, needs some testing to see if its viable but with the recent changes it should deal quite good damage.
    remember he spoke about ptr and not live. on live servers it would be useless
    oh and, i would take those 3 points out of brainfreeze and instead put them into fire power for a 5/5 firepower and an additional 6% frostfirebolt damage

btw: its called "spec", not "speck" (coming from specialization)
    it is useless for several reasons:

1) 3 points in World in Flames is completely useless since you don't have ANY of the spells listed in the tooltip
    2) 3/3 frostbite is fail
    3) 1/3 imp blizzard is pretty fail
    4) 3/3 critical mass for a deep frost build is fail
    5) not having playing with fire maxed is fail

in essence, this spec does nothing to favor FFB since it can't pick up burnout to increase the FFB crit multiplier, since it would currently have the same multiplier as a frostbolt.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    it is useless for several reasons:

1) 3 points in World in Flames is completely useless since you don't have ANY of the spells listed in the tooltip
    2) 3/3 frostbite is fail
    3) 1/3 imp blizzard is pretty fail
    4) 3/3 critical mass for a deep frost build is fail
    5) not having playing with fire maxed is fail

in essence, this spec does nothing to favor FFB since it can't pick up burnout to increase the FFB crit multiplier, since it would currently have the same multiplier as a frostbolt.

It has ignite, too. But yes, the spec is worthless. living bomb and hotstreak are the two higher dpsspells (well, hot streak is a proc for pyroblast which is the spell), and this spec has neither. The WE changes double it's uptime, which is i think just shy of a 1000 dps boost for frost from what i've read (could be wrong). Living bomb by itself is more than that.

10+ Year Old Account

I was just searching around mmo-champion when i saw the new changes for mage . Anyway here is my own build for FFB mages using permanent elemental for PvE (Glyph of Eternal Water was not on mmo's db so i left an open slot for it )
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...G,MJfOe-,10596
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Here is your 3.3 FFB spec. No more suggestions.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...D,MJfOe-,10596

critting with an icelance 15% of the time isn't enough to make dropping fire's multipliers for a faster ffb. that spec might be fun, but it's gonna be crap.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Here is your 3.3 FFB spec. No more suggestions.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...D,MJfOe-,10596
    correction, here is your FFB spec: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...1,MJtOeR,10596
    BfA Beta Time

Where the fk would you need frost warding for?
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

15+ Year Old Account

was that a serious question? frost warding is very useful as a mana refund tool since it can return upwards of 2,000 mana. better point investment than flame throwing.
    BfA Beta Time

Your FFB spec is the exact same one as we have now. What I was trying to do is use the new changes just to see if something new can be created. Like if the Permenent Water elemental could hold the same DPS as LB would...or losing Hot Streak could be compensated with constant icelance procs and under 2 second Frostfirebolts.

And to answer your post above Swizz, the 1 point in Imp blizzard is just to apply the chill effect to AOE mobs so you get the Shatter +50%. Also I used World in flames just becase all the other talents are absolutely useless for FFB speck and you need to progress down the tree.....at least it gives a +6% crit to your Blizzard ( which is your main AOE nuke )
    And how is 3/3 in Critical mass a fail for fire spells when it is used for FFB??? Theres nothing else to spend the points on. At best I would put the 3/3 in Playing with Fire and drop the Critical mass down to 2/3...but since FFB major stat is crit, I would keep it the way it is.

Again, I don't think this would put out great damage, just looking at things from a different angle rather then the same 3 cookiecutter raiding specs.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Possible FFB spec with the new changes??

again, there is no "k" in spec, at least not the spec you are referring to.

i'm well aware that my spec is the same spec we have now: that's the point. why make a worse spec and call it "possible"?
    BfA Beta Time

was that a serious question? frost warding is very useful as a mana refund tool since it can return upwards of 2,000 mana. better point investment than flame throwing.
    Not if you're scorching. 30 yard range is a giant dps loss on any content worth specing around. I don't even like running arcane at 33 or 30 yards, i scorched at 33 for a bit as fireball too and found I needed to move too much for the extra spirit to be worth it. Come to think of it, I should really drop flame throwing in my anub spec since we all just sit on his anus anyway. Good looks. Degustibus, though.

are you really having mana issues as frostfire?

increased range on scorch and fireblast while moving at least has a purpose, rather than complete useless mana regen for one of the most mana efficient specs in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mipsy
    nobody has mana issues nowadays, not even arcane
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mipsy

increased range on scorch and fireblast while moving at least has a purpose, rather than complete useless mana regen for one of the most mana efficient specs in the game
    it's not mana issues, it's utility. in ToGC, the extra range isn't needed at all since you will rarely ever find a mob tanked further than 30 yards away, and since any decent progression guild raid with a demo lock, there's no need to even scorch anymore. while turning damage into mana is very useful, at least, i think so
    BfA Beta Time

it's not mana issues, it's utility. in ToGC, the extra range isn't needed at all since you will rarely ever find a mob tanked further than 30 yards away, and since any decent progression guild raid with a demo lock, there's no need to even scorch anymore. while turning damage into mana is very useful, at least, i think so
    Spreading for jormungar is fairly important. Having the range for more spread flexibility is nice, but not needed sure. I don't think i'd enjoy jaraxxus without flame throwing, but thats cuz im glyphed for stacking on adds / portals. Otherwise, I agree, but frost warding isn't really any more useful for anything but anub since it can proc and save your life, plus mana is actually a factor with all the blizzard and LB spam. It's still personal preference, really. I've run with flame throwing for a bit and i've never once said "man, if only I had frost warding," while when i didn't have flame throwing as TTW, i found myself saying "well there goes a second of dps to movement."