Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Loot add-on, does this exist?

Hey people.

I am looking for an add-on that'll tell me when a certain member has looted what item from a boss. Specifically Emblems. It's said 100 times over to not loot the Emblems from bosses whilst raid leaders are trying to sort out our loot however someone always loots the Emblem, spamming the chat log. I was wondering if there was an add-on out there I could use that would simply say when someone has looted the emblems from a boss.

I know LootWhore tells you when someone loots in combat, as far as I know however it doesn't tell you when people looted Emblems and spammed the raid chat.

Thanks in advance if it exists <3

Re: Loot add-on, does this exist?

Yes, the add-on is called get raid leaders who aren't dumb enough to take looting out of their main chat panel.

15+ Year Old Account

It's nothing to do with raid leaders, raid members walk upto the boss 'cause they're eager to see what loot has dropped and they end up looting the Emblem. This then sends a constant spam of Emblem looting to the chat log, annoying everyone in the raid, especially when the raid leaders are actually trying to sort the loot out. I want an add-on that shows me, or states the person that loots the emblem.

And you can't just wait for the Emblem spam to end? Not like it won't happen anyway if your ML has Auto-loot on.

or you could wait till every1 recived emblems and than sort out loot?

I don't believe this is currently out there, although I'm sure some chat addons have a "filter spam" selection that you could use to filter that.

If I'm wrong and you can't do that, in a nicer way of saying it, I agree with Lafali, make a separate, small window with your loot. I personally made it my "stats" window (loot, exp, honor, rep).

Quote Originally Posted by Luchiano
    As this one says... its really that simple, loot the emblems first... sort loot after = no reason to bitch about it eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchiano

15+ Year Old Account

afaik the first person to get the emblem is the guy who looted it. But in the end your raid leaders should be smart enough that if this keeps happening to not sort out loot during the emblem spam. It aint really that hard to wait those 20 seconds really.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisin
    afaik the first person to get the emblem is the guy who looted it. But in the end your raid leaders should be smart enough that if this keeps happening to not sort out loot during the emblem spam. It aint really that hard to wait those 20 seconds really.
    I think it's alphabetic order.

You can disable itemloot from showing, or make a window without it, whatever.

Tell your raid to stay away from the corpse and anytime you see someone go over to the boss and start looting it, yell at them.

Easy, no mod required.

The emblems don't go to the person who looted first. My main is called 'Verc' and I got the emblem first while standing miles away from the boss. So it's not alphabetical either.
    I was in group one though, might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisin

no it isn't

i've gotten it first and i've been dead

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I've been the one looting it, and showed up 3rd in the list. Also, my characters names are near the end of the alphabet, and should show up late. I believe it's probably based on proximity to the center of the corpse, or possibly on your id in the raid/party.

If you really are this dumb the person that looted the emblems get his in his bags first
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic
    It's nothing to do with raid leaders, raid members walk upto the boss 'cause they're eager to see what loot has dropped and they end up looting the Emblem. This then sends a constant spam of Emblem looting to the chat log, annoying everyone in the raid, especially when the raid leaders are actually trying to sort the loot out. I want an add-on that shows me, or states the person that loots the emblem.
    Yes it does. Read again what he said. Create a 2nd chat window for loot spam, and remove loot msgs from your main chat window. As you seem to have no clue ill explain how.

Right click on the "general" tab -> create new window, call it whatever, loot... Right click on "general" -> other -> unclick "item loot". Right click on the new window tab -> other click "item loot"....

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Figoment, interestingly enough, you're wrong. Look at the 2 posters above you. I've done the looting and gotten it 3rd. The guy above me was dead when the emblems were looted, and still managed to get the first emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Figoment, interestingly enough, you're wrong. Look at the 2 posters above you. I've done the looting and gotten it 3rd. The guy above me was dead when the emblems were looted, and still managed to get the first emblem.
    When you present some proof I'll accept that as the truth
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic
    Hey people.

I am looking for an add-on that'll tell me when a certain member has looted what item from a boss. Specifically Emblems. It's said 100 times over to not loot the Emblems from bosses whilst raid leaders are trying to sort out our loot however someone always loots the Emblem, spamming the chat log. I was wondering if there was an add-on out there I could use that would simply say when someone has looted the emblems from a boss.

I know LootWhore tells you when someone loots in combat, as far as I know however it doesn't tell you when people looted Emblems and spammed the raid chat.

Thanks in advance if it exists <3
    I R RL... I Domehnate! And incidently I'm stupid as well...
    Learn to adapt... and have raid leader post loot after the final emblem has been given. It's really not that hard. Ofcourse if you have ADHD and the attention spam of a goldfish then I can see the problem.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=misazadia

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    When you present some proof I'll accept that as the truth
    He's right... the only time you don't get an emblem when dead is when you do a "darn... I had dc".
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=misazadia