Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destro Pvp- Help needed please :)

Firstly this is my first post, so hey guys

And now to the point, pvp, never been any good at it, run in nuke all i can for all of five seconds, then watch as i am spectacting

I just want any hints or tips or better specs to do with pvping as a destro lock please.
    I have tried looking at other posts, but failed to find any good ones, please link me if i am wrong

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nor&n=Hysterea

Here's my link if it is useful for your to answer.

Thanks a lot

Re: Destro Pvp- Help needed please :)

Also would be great help, if i could be told what gems are needed to use too, i do realise my gears messed up with enchants at the moment, will sort out when i can

15+ Year Old Account

1) Kite. Nuking is for when someone isn't running straight at you.

2) More dots. Even destro needs to use dots.

3) You will always be targetted first in arena, and Soon™ in BG's. Plan for this by pre-emptively dropping a Circle, keeping your death coil available, and coordinating with people to ensure survivability.

It's been a very long time. People think that we kill warlocks first because they're squishie. No. We kill warlocks first because if left alone they will @%$$ you hardcore.

R.I.P. YARG

As a warlock that does not play hardcore PVP either i will tell u with with honest what to do.

Against a Rogue, just afk..
    Against a DK, just afk..
    Against a Pally, just afk..
    Against a Druid, nuke, stun his heals, use CoT.
    Against a SP, just afk, he can do whatever u can do, plus he heals himself, and he can spellock u.
    Against a Hunter, try to nuke him, pray for crits and pet->backlash...
    Against a Mage, just go for a beer, u will not touch them no matter how hard u try..
    Against an other warlock, just press keys and pray.
    Against a Warrior pray for crits and fast Backlash procs, use cycle just after they charge u, if u have a backlash u will win...
    Against a Shaman nuke hard, stun when going for heal, pray for crits.
    Against a healer, just get out of there...
    Against a tankspec of anything, just get out of there...

In Arenas, just stack Stamina and Resielence, they will kill u in no time, u can just slow them down , CC them a bit and kite them a bit until your teamate actually tries to kill them.

i know i did not helped u at all, and i know that i suck at PVP, u can all say anything u want, u can all QQ about a 9k CB u all got at some point, or u can say about the Succubus, but the truth is that warlocks suck badly at 1v1, they lack escape moves (only cycle, that needs u to prestablish it, and that does not brake stuns like mage's teleport does, and a 2min CD DC), when most casters have really a tone of them, mages have teleport to brake stuns FFS, they have plenty of shields absorbing dmg, they have IB, they have pets, they can spellsteal my cool spells, they have evocate that also heals them when they run out of mana, they have spellocks, they can use their CDs twice! and they can keep u sneared all the freaking time, SPs have a tone of CC abilities too while they keep DPSing u, and they can remove all my buffs

using your teleport at the right time can be devastating to most melee classes. (my main is rogue, when I got Vanish off CD, I'm pretty much owned)
    use fear after using shadowfury. then run a bit and start nuking. (Conflagrate snare is good for kiting)
    don't overestimate one of your pet's abilities!
    sure, seduction can be handy sometimes, but think of a good timed silence from your felhound or a 12k absorb bubble from your voidwalker (talented, of course)
    felhound can also disspell chains of ice, which, combined with your teleport can help you survive against dks.
    you can even combine 2 pets of your choice with resummoning in 0,5 sec + soullink (cooldown has been reduced to 3 min.)

I hope this has been a little help for you

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos
    As a warlock that does not play hardcore PVP either i will tell u with with honest what to do.

Against a DK, just afk..
    Against a SP, just afk, he can do whatever u can do, plus he heals himself, and he can spellock u.
    Against a Mage, just go for a beer, u will not touch them no matter how hard u try..
    Against a Warrior pray for crits and fast Backlash procs, use cycle just after they charge u, if u have a backlash u will win...

If you actually think pallys beat warlocks and that warlocks cant beat healers... you are quite possibly one of the worst locks i have ever seen post.

Next time you think about giving people lock tips before you press that post button... just remeber your bad and turn off your computer

EDIT: i actually took the time to read the rest of your post and after hearing you say to stack stam and resil while you dont attack and kite...wow i seriously hope that Hysteria completly ignores your post

I'm not great at PvP either but you can be good if you know what to do.

Firstly, really work on timing your CCs. If you deathcoil/fear/stun a healer at the right time while DPSing someone else, you will most likely get him down. Just got to time it right. Work with your partner to get the right guy down. I destro in 3s with a feral druid and a disc priest and we aren't great but are learning. RL friends.

Second, learn to time your spells for greatest burst. Put your dots on, with immolate last. Then wind up a CB (or incin if on CD) followed by conflag right after. Hopefully you're being meleed and have a backlash proc to throw in too. If not you can drop a stun after the conflag and try to fire off an incinerate before they can heal. Try to get your SF stuns to include both the healer and your target if possible.

Third, learn to use the right curse on the right target. CoE on Mages. Once you get that crap on them, all your stuff should hit a lot better. CoT on healers ALWAYS. I'm still learning this one. Sometimes I just forget.

Against rogues, you need to get them to cloak and then run like a bitch until it ends. It's all about surviving that initial salvo from them. If you can you can win. It doesn't happen often though.

Against warriors, the best thing to do is NOT run. Running lets them charge you and charging = crits for them. In fact if they run away, stun them to keep them close. The only time you should run is when they start spinning. Any other time just stand and deliver and hope for crits and backlash procs.

I would recommend CoE on just about everyone. It really does help your burst stuff hit harder. It's like having and extra 150+(or however much it is) spell penetration.

Thanks a lot for all your posts guys, have found them really useful

Anyone know whats best to be gemming in then??

thanks again

Lol you're from my server^^

Anyway this link is very usefull for gearing, gemming, addons, and capping. Great guide

http://wowmb.net/forums/f43/36502-pvp_guide/

Everything I needed, thank you (:

Fear, seduce, stun, teleport. Learn them, love them, use them.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to learn how to manage multiple targets at once. A warlocks primary role in PvP is CC. Once you learn how to CC effectively, you will understand why people think locks are OP in PvP. Because our primary role is CC, your pet of choice should be your succy. Yea, I know the VW shield is awesome, but all it does is delay you from dying. Atleast with a succy, you can CC one of the people coming after you while you (the healer) and nuke the second.

Focus target is your friend. Learn how to use it, and use it well. Create fear/seduce/banish macros that will cast on your focus target are. This does two important things, it allows you to cast CC spells on a secondary target without changing your primary target. Secondly, it allows you to cast seduce, which is off our GCD, so you can seduce one target, while nuking a second target at the same time. When seduce runs out, or they trinket, hit the macro again.

Example of some of the macros I use.

/cast [target=focus] seduction
    /cast [target=focus] fear

And never stop moving unless there is a good distance between you and your target. If no one is targeting you, then exploit it, and nuke. I use x-perl which has a built in aggro indicator. This is priceless in PvP because it flashes "Aggro" in big red letters when someone is targeting you, even if they are stealthed. This is good, because if someone starts coming after you that's not your focus or primary target, it will let you know and you can start running before you see them moving.

One more thing, keep CoT on your hotbar. It's good against healers, because you should be able to DPS them down faster then they can heal themselves or others. Even if it's a class that can decurse, it will force them to waste a GCD, which would be better spent on healing, because we all know mages don't decurse ;D. It's also good against casters, because it dramatically slows down the damage they deal. Honestly, I almost never use CoA in PvP, it's either CoT or CoE.

Hi,
    it's difficult to explain in few lines but I will try as a medium-skilled destro warlock (1500 arena rating).

Base stats) Resilience: ca 1000, Hit rating: 100, Spell penetration: 150
    Advanced stats) You need to stack spell dmg and crit

The basic spells for cc are: Shadowfury to stun melee, Demonic circle to fly far from them, Death Coil, Seduce and Silence
    The basic spells/rotation for nuking are: Seduce the target, immolate, fear, conflagrate, chaos bolt, incineratex2 and then look at your dmg and prepare for next match ^^

As variant against healers when you can use felhunter to silence them and dispell their buffs.

If your pet dies, think about Fel domination a Voidwalker if you fighting against melee so you can shield, Succubus against mages is just great, as I said Felhunter against druids and priest healers

With this basic tecnique you will kill anyone/any class within 10 secs from the first fear (if not interrupted).

Let me know how do you proceed!
    Pupillo

Sorry but I dont understand why you would want 1000 resil (unless you have it anyway cos your full relentless geared)

Currently I roll on ~900 resiliance (only aquired from stats on gear, the epic resil gem and the chest enchant) 6%hit (you NEED 6%, you dont want to miss that killing blow do you), you ONLY need 131 spellpen (which you can get from OH + wise gemming - 1xSpellpen and a couple of Spellpen+spellpower) - any more spellpen is overkill in any situation (think about your oppositions buffs -eg shadow resist aura, and youll see why)

As for gemming go spellpower all the way (and if you want socket bonuses gem spellpower+stamina / haste / crit)

I think im rolling on about 2800 odd spellpower - Full furious/relentless with PVE weapon (im logged out in my PVE gear atm) - battlemasters trink and reign of the unliving makes some VERY tasty spellpower. As for the haste or crit argument, id stack a load of crit but personally i went for the haste bracers (and everything else crit) as i think that 1on1 with another warlock with similar gear and 0 haste gives you a tiny advantage (slightly quicker fear for example)

As for gameplay; Pets are situational, youll probably want a different one out against different combos but if your struggling with pet management use a succubus on defensive and itll generally go and CC anything your not attacking
    For spells (depending on how quick dispels are from the opposing team) I tend to cast COE > immolate > conflag > CB > incin, however if you have a fear off on the target you are nuking you might want to change this to COE> Immo > CB/Incin >conflag >CB/Incin x3, still nice burst and you can get an extra incin off before you conflag (i notice fear generally breaks after a conflag) giving you a lovely 3 spells with 30% increased casting speed after

finally as for 1on1's; You have a chance against any class 1on1, its just various things will hinder your ability to 3-shot them (resil, warrior smart enough to use spell reflect etc etc etc)

Against a DK, just afk..
    Don't be a retard...

Against a Rogue: use the succie or the void walker(i prefer succie if specced for it)
    with succie: seduce him right away. try to push trinket and clos. teleport directly when Clos is used. and reseduce (if theres no diminishing returns) then just nuke him down rly. a rogue without trinket and Clos is fairly easy. you just need to survive the first seconds (battlemaster and HS helps alot)

Against a DK: This is kinda hard. use shadow ward to absorb some damage and use the felhunter to dispell Chains of ice. try to save save teleport until lolgrip is on cd. try to cast chaos bolt into AMS.

Against a pally: lol this one is easy. just fear him to get som range. then push him for bubble. prety much doable in one destro chain. run away from him when he bubbles. use felhunter dispell to dispell HoJ. you can also use his silence to prevent him from bubbling, but this is kinda risky.

Against a druid: Moonkin: fairly easy. just nuke him down. save shadowfury + Howl for the trees.
    Feral: this is hard. harder then rogues imo. save trinket for Maim. stun him right away to get a imo + conflag combo on him to slow him down(if ur specced in aftermath that you should be) use deathcoil and teleport to get range and just nuke as hard as you can. battlemaster and HS helps alot here aswell.

Against a priest: Disc / holy: this is almost impossible. combine shadowfury + spell lock + fear and deathcoil for a deadly chain that prevents him from doing anything. between the CC spells use imo, conflag, CB, incinerate and searing pain. (when hes below 25% Hp use drain soul (if conflag and CB is on cd) cause it tics for 5k, which makes it kinda hard to heal.
    Shadow: same thing as with disc / holy priests. but fear him when he uses the ball thing. you will survive long against a priest cause their damage will be poor on you (shadow ward and nether protection) BUT they will survive long cause they have absorption and heals but its usually doable.

Against a Hunter: Surv / MM: jump close to him to get of a shadowfury + Howl. nuke him down, when he use deterance (spelling lol) run to him to prevent being shot. fairly easy imo.
    Beastmastery: This is rly tough. nuke him all you can, use deathcoil for heal. use battlemaster and HS. this is a pure dmg race.

Against a mage: Frost: This is the hardest class to face. use the felhound to dispell deep freeze. use his silence on frostbolt(not morph) do NOT use your trinket on morph (you can get stuck in a deep freeze and die if you do) fake casting is a must if you get counterspelled. run away, use rocketboots if ur a engineer. Banish / fear the pet right away.
    Arcane: lol, uhm, stack like 4k spell pen to hit him :P it will be hard to hit any spell on him cause of mage armor + specc. try to get a CoE on him (most arcane mages are retards and dont know how to dispell it) then just nuke him down rly.
    Fire: this is kinda hard aswell, cause of the fire ward reflection. almost the same tactics that u use against a frost mage just dispell dragons breath instead of deep freeze.

Against another lock: Destro: RNG fight. depends on dispells, crits and nether protection proccs.
    Affliction: Try to silence his shadow school. he will be completely useless without his shadow spells. then nuke him down.
    Demo: just nuke, easy. use teleport to gain range when he uses immolation aura.

Against a Warrior: What ever you do. save teleport for bladestorm or you will die. use CoE on spell reflect and nuke him down. most warriors die within one destro chain.

Against a Shaman: Elemental: nuke, use your pet to kill the grounding totem (this goes for all shamans) do not interupt lava burt, save the silence for chain lightning or lightning bolt. use deathcoil or fear to prevent him from healing and just nuke him down.
    Enhancement: Save shadowfury + howl for the wolfs or you will die. pet > grounding. fear him and just nuke him down.
    Resto: use the same chain as i told you to use against the priest and he will die.

Also, check out this movie http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=121739

I know its my fist post. i have been lurking this forum for 2 years now, and i finally made a user lol.)

Hope this post helps some ppl

If your Affliction, there's not much anyone is going to do lol

Against a DK, just afk..

In Arenas, just stack Stamina and Resielence, they will kill u in no time, u can just slow them down , CC them a bit and kite them a bit until your teamate actually tries to kill them.

i know i did not helped u at all, and i know that i suck at PVP, u can all say anything u want, u can all QQ about a 9k CB u all got at some point, or u can say about the Succubus, but the truth is that warlocks suck badly at 1v1, they lack escape moves (only cycle, that needs u to prestablish it, and that does not brake stuns like mage's teleport does, and a 2min CD DC), when most casters have really a tone of them, mages have teleport to brake stuns FFS, they have plenty of shields absorbing dmg, they have IB, they have pets, they can spellsteal my cool spells, they have evocate that also heals them when they run out of mana, they have spellocks, they can use their CDs twice! and they can keep u sneared all the freaking time, SPs have a tone of CC abilities too while they keep DPSing u, and they can remove all my buffs

There is so much wrong with this but im only goint to touch on one thing killing a healer as lock is relatively easy compared to other classes dont forget u have drain mana. Fear + drain mana combo is awsome

As a warlock that does not play hardcore PVP
    Its pointless to read whole post after those words

P.S. And there is nothing more to say about tactics after exelar's post :P

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Want to l2 play?

Step 1. Open new web browser
    Step 2. Go to youtube
    Step 3. Search "zukuu destruction duel guide 2"
    step4. Watch all vids (all 4 parts all made by zukuu there)
    step 5. !?!?!?
    step 6. Profit

Amazing vids and very sound strats

edit: made by zukuu oops!

Little note on the "destro chain"...

If you have everything up, the best way of killing something while controlling it 100% is the following:

Shadowflame (for the snare, any pvp lock needs that glyph, preventing the feared guy to run out of LoS/range) -> Fear -> CoE (if needed) -> Immo -> Incinerate (fear breaks) -> Shadowfury -> CB -> Death Coil -> Conflag -> Incin spam

The only times this fails is if your immo crits and breaks the fear, if so forget about the incinerate and cast shadowfury right away. This chain gives you immo, CB, conflag, inci x2 before your victim can do anything, about 25k damage without anything critting, <3

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftz
    Shadowflame (for the snare, any pvp lock needs that glyph, preventing the feared guy to run out of LoS/range) -> Fear -> CoE (if needed) -> Immo -> Incinerate (fear breaks) -> Shadowfury -> CB -> Death Coil -> Conflag -> Incin spam
    The glyph is not a must. its decent (not good) imo if you play with felhound go for Immolate glyph, soul link (this is a must) and conflag glyph.
    If ur playing with the succie then u can replace the conflag glyph -> shadowflame glyph but i would rather use the CB glyph in that case :P

A well the destro chain. Immolate before the fear cause even if you don't crit it can break from the dmg or the dot.
    so i would put it like this:

with felhound:
    Immolate -> fear -> incinerate / soul fire(for more dmg) -> shadow fury -> chaos bolt -> conflag -> pet silence -> incinerate -> Deathcoil -> incinerate -> searing pain -> shadowburn.

You will unload like 30k dmg in decent gear (without crits) and like 40 with a few crits(that you will get)

With succie:
    Seduce -> incinerate / soul fire -> seduce again -> immolate -> shadow fury -> chaos bolt -> conflag -> deathcoil -> incinerate -> shadowburn

this will unload like 26k dmg in decent gear(without crits) and like 36 with a few crits

note: this is only in theory. much can go wrong, like: trinket, Clos, AMS, dispells, WoTF, zerker rage (can go on for alot more but i cba :P )