10+ Year Old Account

Polearm or 2xswords?

Should i use Anguish(hc) or forsaken bonecarver(hc)x2? i gain around 1% crit, but lose about 5-15AP,1.9% haste and ~0.9% Arp.
    Comparison: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4805...48:40112:40112

Any help/suggestion would be cool

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Re: Polearm or 2xswords?

Well I am guessing your main raid spec is MM, therefore I would be tempted to go with bonecarver x2.
    However if your SV when Anguish, simply because of the ap gain you will get from stam.

I simple way to solve this... plug your armory into femaledwarf.com and switch the two around, and pick the one which yeilds te highest dps.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anium
    Well I am guessing your main raid spec is MM, therefore I would be tempted to go with bonecarver x2.
    However if your SV when Anguish, simply because of the ap gain you will get from stam.
    Yeh, i calculated the stamina loss/gain from the swords and added kings. lost 17,5 AP from that alone. tho i gain 9 AP form the swords and 2 agi from the polearm.
    Also, why should i take the swords as MM,when the polarm has more Arp?
    i am SV, btw
    I simple way to solve this... plug your armory into femaledwarf.com and switch the two around, and pick the one which yeilds te highest dps.
    ill try that

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit
    Also, why should i take the swords as MM,when the polarm has more Arp?
    Because, since the arp nerf no1 is really clear at what point arp becomes better than agi for MM spec. "There is no magical number for stacking arp, regardless of what the hard and soft caps are" Atm, it is better to stack agi.

10+ Year Old Account

DPS
    Combined: 8994.15 100.00%
    Hunter: 7674.15 85.32%
    Pet: 1320.00 14.68%
    Previous: 8990.22 +3.93

ill gain 4 dps. hmmmmm. spending 1k g on 4 dps, nah

Quote Originally Posted by Anium

The 50 or so agi het gets more from 2x1h out plays the loss of 50sta in the ammount of AP het gets.
    The question you have to ask yourself is this, do i like more arp/ap, then go for the 2h
    If you are more into crit/agi, then use the 2x1h

158agi(2h) vs 208(2x1h)
    63haste(2h) vs 48crit(2x1h)
    97arp(2h) vs 84arp(2x1h)
    235ap(2h with 110ap enchant) vs 186ap (2x1h with 26agi enchants on both).

2handers vs 2x1h is a very debated topic amongst hunters tbh, some favor 2x1h (me for example) and others favor 2h.

If you put them in a spreadsheet or femaledwarf you will notice that a 2h gives some more dps and sometimes 2x1h does more.

If i take mine for example (femaledwarf.com)
    2x1h, 9349dps would be the max combined dps for my current setup.
    I didinput Fordragon blades from HC (the ally version of Anguish) with 2x20agi gem and 110ap i would get a 9326dps max combined dps.

So, for me in a raid setup with basicly every buff/debuff coverd my 2x1h setup trumps the 2h setup by 23dps

And yes, ofcourse does the 2h from HC ANub 25 trumps the 2x1h i got now, but i cant kill anub 25hc yet, so that's not an option for me yet.
    And when i get there i'm sure there is a 2x1h setup that owns the HC Archonglaive to.

ow, and the new arp sweetspot shifted from +-650 tot somewere around 930 or so for the point that arp becomes better then agi, and a lot of MM hunters are far from that so they went back to agi gems

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit
    DPS
    Combined: 8994.15 100.00%
    Hunter: 7674.15 85.32%
    Pet: 1320.00 14.68%
    Previous: 8990.22 +3.93

ill gain 4 dps. hmmmmm. spending 1k g on 4 dps, nah
    I know, not worth it really. I'm still sticking to MM agi,

Another nice thing about 1 handers is its far better to enchant accuracy than to gem for hit. Because of the extra crit.