Thread: Fire PvP

Fire PvP

Can it work and would the build be something like

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...m,UQtQeR,10596

i was thinking about it and thought maybe it could work in 5s and bgs, thoughts?

Re: Fire PvP

there are sooo many fails to that spec. and the biggest fail..your fireball..your nuke..is going to take forever to shoot. if for some reason you arent using fireball to dps, instead of scorch or something? idk this spec is fail, yet you spec'ed into empowered fire..increasing fireball and ffb spells. There is so many horrible things with this spec, and fire will always suck at arena pvp.

10+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...z,bQtOeR,10596
    this gonna be my fire pvp spec when patch comes

So... the plan is scroch until the HS proc? (with the LvB's ticks ofc)
    It can actually work, but fire mages survivability is still bullshit, so I dont think it would be work fine in arenas. But in Battlegrounds it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by riccou
    there are sooo many fails to that spec. and the biggest fail..your fireball..your nuke..is going to take forever to shoot. if for some reason you arent using fireball to dps, instead of scorch or something? idk this spec is fail, yet you spec'ed into empowered fire..increasing fireball and ffb spells. There is so many horrible things with this spec, and fire will always suck at arena pvp.
    don't be so ignorant dude, scorch IS the fire pvp nuke. fireball takes too long to cast.

15+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...C,bQtOeR,10596

i'd honestly pass up the glyph of living bomb mostly because living bomb will never remain on a target long enough for the ticks to really matter.
    BfA Beta Time

I'd switch the LB glyph for the scorch and take out the points in empowered fire and put them in firestarter and one point in master of elements
    this is, of course, in consideration of 3.3

the current scorch glyph isn't that bad either, way to annoy dispellers >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

ok look around took in all peoples replies and came up with this final build

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...0,bQUOeR,10596

with the scorch glyph and some good haste they can act as good quick damage along with the instant flamestrike after blast wave and dragons breath along with keeping LB up should be good. I also added buring determination because it is getting buffed to 20 seconds (up from 10). Impact also helps with 2 sec stun, isnt much but is something. Thoughts?

Buffs to Fire PvP talents make fire a little bit more fun but certainly not arena viable... yet. It is just not enough. Mana consumption reduction is welcomed but not the end-all solution.

They need to address Fire not having enough escapes as the other two trees. Surviveability is still low.

They need to lower the CD on blastwave since it is fire's pseudo frost nova. It should be lowered to sub 20 sec.

They need to give Flamestrike a snare or some kind of debuff so that Firestarter procs are much more exciting and promote fire survivebility without affecting PvE.

Basically, Blizz can attach a bunch of PvP surviveabilty effects to Fire AoE so that PvE balance isn't affected.

I wonder if they made changes to blazing speed to make it proc more or be faster it would help. I think that might make it a bit more viable, its just that as per arena, fire isnt a spec that plays well with others, ignoring the survivability problems. Make them faster and a bit more survivable and the spec might work well though.

Oh and de-clutter all mage trees.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Peegs
    Buffs to Fire PvP talents make fire a little bit more fun but certainly not arena viable... yet. It is just not enough. Mana consumption reduction is welcomed but not the end-all solution.

They need to address Fire not having enough escapes as the other two trees. Surviveability is still low.

They need to lower the CD on blastwave since it is fire's pseudo frost nova. It should be lowered to sub 20 sec.

They need to give Flamestrike a snare or some kind of debuff so that Firestarter procs are much more exciting and promote fire survivebility without affecting PvE.

Basically, Blizz can attach a bunch of PvP surviveabilty effects to Fire AoE so that PvE balance isn't affected.

tell that to pigvomit, or did you not play back then?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    hah i remember watching his TBC beta pvp videos. that guy was srs bsns. With that said, fire was in much better shape back then :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    Right.... because the mass player base is as talented as PV??? I dont think so.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu
    Right.... because the mass player base is as talented as PV??? I dont think so.
    cause by mentioning ONE person, i was clearly referring to the mass player base. :
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by riccou
    Agreed. I saw Fire/Arcane, but i thought it was FFB since I saw no Fireball imp...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted

I don't see why you would wanna pvp as fire really. No survivability at all.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    I don't see why you would wanna pvp as fire really. No survivability at all.
    for fun? they like it? to piss you off?
    BfA Beta Time