Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you mouse turn...

How do you strafe?

Re: If you mouse turn...

You didn't answer the question

If you hold your right mouse button down while pressing left or right (A or D) you will strafe left or right. That or the default strafe keys (Q or E).

Whats the problem with doing them at the same time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokshaub
    How do you strafe?
    With strafe keys. Default I believe are Q and E.

But isn't that combining the methods of moving with your keyboard and moving with your mouse? And wouldn't that mean good players use their mouse AND keyboard to move, not just their mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Oogrum
    If you hold your right mouse button down while pressing left or right (A or D) you will strafe left or right. That or the default strafe keys (Q or E).
    I do hope your keybinds are close to your movement keys.

With your face.

Reply given in the spirit of the post

It's been instinctive for me the last four years but I guess if you break it down its just holding the right mouse button along with the appropriate angle while using Q or E. Just takes some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophiel
    It's been instinctive for me the last four years but I guess if you break it down its just holding the right mouse button along with the appropriate angle while using Q or E. Just takes some practice.
    I do this. I'm just wondering how the "pros" who move with nothing but their mouse accomplish strafing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokshaub
    But isn't that combining the methods of moving with your keyboard and moving with your mouse? And wouldn't that mean good players use their mouse AND keyboard to move, not just their mouse?

I do hope your keybinds are close to your movement keys.
    Im curious about something. Did you really just go this far out of your way to make it sound like you keyboard turning is not a bad thing? This is a worthless thread. Of fucking course people use the mouse AND the keyboard, you sir are a moron.

They probably run with the mouse wheel, and bound left-strafe to the left mouse button and bound right-strafe to the right mouse button.

That's how I roll (run?), but I'm no pro.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

its called mouse turning for a reason, you dont use your mouse to move completely, if you do then... well yeah.
    you use W A S D to move and right click to turn (were A and D are bound to strafe).
    then you bind all your spells to the cluster around WASD which include , QERTFGZXCV12345 and F1-F4 then you use shift ctrl and alt to add modifiers for extra buttons (obviously dont use modifiers for the Function keys XD)

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth
    I await the day that video games become immersive and I can literally punch the asshole who ninja'd my token. We'll see how idiotic people act then.

15+ Year Old Account

i hold A and D with Rightclick held down to strafe, Q and E are used for abilitie bindings.

15+ Year Old Account

I use my mouse to turn, move forward and backward. To strafe I use Q and E i think lol. Dont really pay attention i just do it.

15+ Year Old Account

Just bind A and D to their respective strafe positions, and use those. That's what I've been using since my days as a tank in MC, works beautifully.

Power Glove.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Power Glove.
    It's so bad.

10+ Year Old Account

Use a 5 6 or 7 Buttoned mouse with Mouse Wheel that can be clicked down or moved left/right.
    Speciation Is Gradual