Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Notes Update - 10/23

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    wouldnt deep freeze do damage in pvp to a player if it or kidney put the effect on DR? how do you get that its "only" for boss's? Since they nerfed frozen core before it even went live why would anyone go frost for pve now? its dead before it got released, the frozen core buff would make lancing on the second charge of fingers of frost viable and raise frost dps (probably still a good 10-15% behind arcane) but maybe viable for the 5% crit debuff to the raid and the extra replenishment if you needed those, again with the frozen core nerf, poof its gone, there is no frost pve, so the buff to deep freeze is strictly a pvp buff.
    Please, just please try to understand and apply the proper meaning of 'permanently' to the buff.
    English isn't my first languase and even I understand why that means it has no affect whatsoever on PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by castle
    What you're saying is a moot point. YOU don't have to de the stuff, the game does it now for you. You will still get every roll YOU win worth of mats. And as far as making money from your profesion you can still sell scrolls that nobody else can enchant.
    They are winning mats they didn't earn. They earned the 5-10g that item vendors for. I earned the mats by being able to disenchant them.

and enchant your rings, if you dont like it re-roll another proff, its really not a big deal, more of a nice convenience to the majority of players
    Enchant rings is a moot point since every profession is equal in that sense. So you are saying that enchanting should just be taken for granted and made to convenience everyone? I return to my previous statement of why be an enchanter when you don't need to be on to DE anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    In response to the enchanting QQ.

Yeah, your mats don't drop off mobs generally, apart from greens+. But you have a profession that's really in demand and may have one of the largest profit margins in game. People always want your abilities! Sure, no more purchasing mats from you, but is that a bad thing? Really? You'll be able to keep a larger reserve for yourself and guildies, and you won't (as much) have to deal with people who "forgot" to buy mats.

I'm a tailor, and I don't have the luxury of a friend who can DE for me. I have to trawl through many pages of 1 x Infinite Dust or end up paying a higher amount for the dusts I need. This change is very welcome for me
    Name the largest profit margin for me please. There are people who refuse to pay gold when an enchanter does the enchant and will wait to find someone who will do it for free. Enchanting has the smallest profit margin by far. Disenchanting items is what gives enchanters money and if the game starts doing that automatically for everyone enchanters lose that. Also not everyone keeps reserves of mats on hand to deal with people who forgot so that is a baseless arguement. All this is doing is bringing the prices of mats down by removing the need to actually be an enchanter to create them. What is the point of being able to disenchant item when by process of a built in game mechanic anyone can do it?

Quote Originally Posted by bas
    Shammy T10 icons for those who want to have an idea of what it is going to look like:

Goathead: "If it's cool in other media, it's cool in WoW"
    Hope they actually make a new skin for Saurfang instead of using a random orc dk skin

Quote Originally Posted by FoF
    Name the largest profit margin for me please. There are people who refuse to pay gold when an enchanter does the enchant and will wait to find someone who will do it for free.
    Happens with every profession - if a guild is barely worth the name, it'll have at least one person with every profession that will do things for free for their guildmates. Enchanting, cut jewels, craft items, brew flasks, you name it.

Second, the profit margin on DEing blue items instead of just vendoring them is rather small, if at all. In our server we (our guild) don't bother with it when running heroics, even if we have a DEr - the vendor value of blues is greater than the cost of a shard.

Third, if you depend on DEing randomly dropped greens for a living, you're doing it wrong. Se the guides on this very page about how to make a fuckton of enchanting materias with cheap AH materials. I confess I didn't know about that until the day Boub published his guide, and with very little time investment I've made 20k gold in these 4 weeks. I'm sure there are people who earns that (or will brag they do) every day, but 20k is sure enough for me for a couple expansions.

Fourth, the DEing button may appear only for enchanters. Anyone playing the PTR can confirm or deny that?
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    Happens with every profession - if a guild is barely worth the name, it'll have at least one person with every profession that will do things for free for their guildmates. Enchanting, cut jewels, craft items, brew flasks, you name it.

Second, the profit margin on DEing blue items instead of just vendoring them is rather small, if at all. In our server we (our guild) don't bother with it when running heroics, even if we have a DEr - the vendor value of blues is greater than the cost of a shard.

Third, if you depend on DEing randomly dropped greens for a living, you're doing it wrong. Se the guides on this very page about how to make a fuckton of enchanting materias with cheap AH materials. I confess I didn't know about that until the day Boub published his guide, and with very little time investment I've made 20k gold in these 4 weeks. I'm sure there are people who earns that (or will brag they do) every day, but 20k is sure enough for me for a couple expansions.

Fourth, the DEing button may appear only for enchanters. Anyone playing the PTR can confirm or deny that?
    Theres no way to respond to the first because its the truth.

Second thats server dependant. Your average blue item will vend for 5-10g so if dream shards cost less than that there may be something very screwed up with your servers economy that adding more dream shards (DE without an enchanter) isn't going to do anything but make worse.

Third yes we all love Boub for pointing out ways people have been making money by learning their professions so no one has to learn for themselves. I am ever so grateful for that. /s

What would the point of DE button be other than to make the enchanter share it?

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Gogo melee warlock/mage/priest/hunter :P

Will probably get fixed and the mana part removed seeing it is melee only.
    Paladins.

edit: Nevermind, I was dumb, haven't read the "dagger" word.

Looking for ... Raid?
    We already knew that 3.3 will let us join cross-server random group for dungeons, but apparently Blizzard is working on a functionality to add the feature to raids! Nothing is official for the moment, it might only be here for testing purposes
    crossed fingers...will be great!

In previous 3.3 PTR patch notes, we've seen:

* Divine Guardian: This talent no longer increases the amount of damage transferred to the paladin from Divine Sacrifice. Instead it causes all raid and party members to take 10/20% reduced damage while Divine Sacrifice is active.
    * Divine Sacrifice: Redesigned. The effect of Divine Sacrifice is now party-only and the maximum damage which can be transferred is now limited to 40% of the paladin’s health multiplied by the number of party members. In addition, the damage transferred to the paladin is now reduced by 50% before being applied to the paladin. Finally, the bug which allowed Divine Sacrifice to sometimes persist despite reaching its maximum damage has been fixed. Divine Sacrifice will now cancel as soon as its maximum damage value is exceeded in all cases.
    Now, both of these are decent changes that I don't mind. The changes to get rid of Bubble-Saccing is not a big deal in my opinion. This will allow us to use it every 2 minutes, instead of every 5. But, I saw in the latest patch notes a couple changes to the Divine Sacrifice changes:

Divine Sacrifice: Redesigned. The effect of Divine Sacrifice is now party-only and the maximum damage which can be transferred is now limited to 40% of the paladin’s health multiplied by the number of party members. In addition, the bug which allowed Divine Sacrifice to sometimes persist despite reaching its maximum damage has been fixed. Divine Sacrifice will now cancel as soon as its maximum damage value is exceeded in all cases. Finally, damage which reduces the paladin’s health below 20% now cancels the effect early.
    Now, I like the idea that damage that reduces a Paladin below 20% health will immediately cancel the effect. That is nice, so you don't have to worry about killing yourself when using DSac. You can use it more freely, and not worry that you are going to become roadkill if you don't heal yourself fulltime while it's up. But I notice that the
    In addition, the damage transferred to the paladin is now reduced by 50% before being applied to the paladin.
    is now missing from the redesigned Divine Sacrifice. Now, I hope this is just an oversight because that 50% damage reduction is a huge deal for the new Divine Sacrifice. If you don't have 50% damage reduction anymore, you are still going to have to heal yourself fulltime to keep the DSac from going off extremely early. With a 50% damage reduction, you can still afford to heal others with minor HoTs or low heals on yourself. I hope this is just an oversight, and I hope somebody is playing on the PTR and has tested this out.

Thank you!

Third yes we all love Boub for pointing out ways people have been making money by learning their professions so no one has to learn for themselves. I am ever so grateful for that. /s
    Well, in my case I was a firm believer in Adam Smith's theories and, seeing how in my server the cost of reagent for flasks and crafted items is greater than the flask and crafted item itself, and the cost of a cut gem is only slightly greater than the uncut one I didn't bother researching further. So it was a surprise when I found about the JC-DEing stuff, and found other ways myself. Turned out that the theory's "informed customer" part doesn't apply to WoW economy.

Anyway, I my point is that I highy doubt there'll be a large influx of enchanting reagents with the new patch or that anyone will become self-sufficient just by the random DEing of heroics' random greens. Which means you (and I) won't be seeing a large infux of said materials to the AH or a large drop in demand, seeing how you can make a ton of those with some gems and cristalized earth that routinely appear in the AH at hilarious prices. So at this point you're IMHO complaining that it'll take you 23 days to make enough money to buy motorbikes for your two alts instead of 20, which honestly doesn't look that painful.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aragen
    HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE YOU BLIZZ

this has to be the best PTR patch ever first they revert the incredibly overpowered rogue vanish buff and then they FINALLY fix the dismount knockback!!
    Sarcasm?
    If not and if you think that fix is overpowered change, you are bloody retarded.

Saying other professions need enchanting mats is irrelvant - they also need leather, ore, crystallised/eternal elements, gems, and herbs. There is NO other reliable way to obtain these mats for the solo player who is not a skinner/miner/herbalist than to buy them on the AH. Why should they get enchanting mats for free?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles
    giving non-enchanters free mats? wanna not put something so fucking stupid into the game. i feel like cutting my wrists. thanks for ruining half the gold i make through enchanting.
    STFU, remove the buyable Uncut gems from pvp and emblem vendors then i will sign on this too.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobim
    Saying other professions need enchanting mats is irrelvant - they also need leather, ore, crystallised/eternal elements, gems, and herbs. There is NO other reliable way to obtain these mats for the solo player who is not a skinner/miner/herbalist than to buy them on the AH. Why should they get enchanting mats for free?
    You sir are dumb, Enchanting is not a gathering profession unlike half you mentioned there and last time i checked you can buy gems with emblems and honor, and crystallised/eternal elements, hmm what do you call the revrants and elementals then. stop whining this change is good for everyone and they still haven't explained how it works. Is greed>DE??
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

This is beyond gay. Thunderfucking was the only real passtime fun i EVER had on my shaman. Flying naked catching people going on with there daily in game lives then BAM! (wtfwtfwtfwtfwtf.........dead..?!?!?) and i laugh.

this isnt fair. Its one thing if blizzard screws up everything else is the game just not that. i want to start a petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Haylen
    ITT: Rogues whinging about something that wont even change how they currently play.

wouldnt deep freeze do damage in pvp to a player if it or kidney put the effect on DR? how do you get that its "only" for boss's? Since they nerfed frozen core before it even went live why would anyone go frost for pve now? its dead before it got released, the frozen core buff would make lancing on the second charge of fingers of frost viable and raise frost dps (probably still a good 10-15% behind arcane) but maybe viable for the 5% crit debuff to the raid and the extra replenishment if you needed those, again with the frozen core nerf, poof its gone, there is no frost pve, so the buff to deep freeze is strictly a pvp buff.
    No.

Deep Freeze only damages targets who are PERMANENTLY immune to stuns. PvP players are never permanently immune, only temporarily. This doesn't affect PvP in any way whatsoever. It does however affect PvE, even if it's only a very small buff (Deep Freeze crits for 20k+ in PvE).

So because no one is DE the mats should just appear. When I group I don't announce I am an enchanter. It is not the enchanters job to disenchant things for the group. I roll greed on everything just like everyone else and at the end of the instance I de what I won (fairly) and sell what I got for my profession. If this just starts handing out disenchants with the enchanter even getting a say then whats the point of being an enchanter. I might as well pick up JC or something so people don't profit off my profession.

And yes you can say I am being greedy by not disenchanting for everyone but what purpose does it serve? Am I supposed to provide free services to everyone in the game regardless of how it affects me?
    I still don't see the problem, your logic is flawed. Hello, are you even THINKING? Lets say you are in a dungeon. EVERYONE is rolling on that same thing. You rolled a 35 someone rolled a 99. They get the item, they are going to run out and get it DE'd form themselves so THEY have the mats.

Now with this in place, AND THE SAME deal. You rolled a 35 he rolled a 99. Oh what's this. GASP He STILL GOT HIS MATS only he didn't need to run to someone else to get it done for him. It doesn't matter if the ****ed thing disenchants or not, the winner of the roll is STILL getting the item, it just saves a step in the breaking down process. Maybe if you weren't being so friggen greedy and lost the attitude you MIGHT have solved that one your self Sherlock. =_=' :
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Angnair
    Shadowmourne
    Your weapon swings have a chance to drain a Soul Fragment from their victims. When you have acquired 10 Soul Fragments you will unleash the Souls of the Damned, dealing 6840 to 7560 shadow damage split between all enemies within 8 yards.

This is some ridiculous burst in pvp isnt it? :/
    Its a Legendary weapon. Its going to have legendary burst to go alongside it.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Live together, die alone.

I have questions about the new "Roll for DE" Greed button but it seems people are more concerned with the vanish revert (which is a big deal):

1) Do you need a chanter in the party to get the option, or can any party with group loot on get the DE mats?

2) If there the process requires an enchanter does he have any choice in the matter? I mean if he doesn't want to hand out mats to others can he select an option not to DE for party?

3) If the process doesn't require a enchanter is this option only usable in dungeons / raids or is it any group where there is a party? What I'm trying to ask is, can two non chanters party up and grind mobs and greed to DE drops, effectively farming chanting mats?

Personally as an enchanter I am insulted by this change. Sure enchanting was a good money maker but so is herbalism, mining, JC are we going to see those professions changed so that their crafted mats are more available to people too lazy to farm. Giving people who don't have the profession and haven't worked to gain that skill (despite having the choice to lvl chanting and opting to some other skill) the same benefit is unfair, need chanting mats make a chanter friend and get him to DE the stuff for you. Need shards / abyss crystals, sorry but either find a chanter to dungeon with or buy em you don't expect arctic furs and frost lotus handed to you why do you expect to be given top end chanting mats.

Sorry if I sound pissed but with a main who is a rogue chanter this patch sucks. ICC better be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)