Thread: BM PVP in 3.3

BM PVP in 3.3

First of all i wanna say hy, my hunter name is Kritical on the Burning Legion EU realm.
    He is not lvl 80 yet but that will happen somewhere in the close future.
    I will be a BM pvp-er because that is what i like about this class... the pet love.
    I wanted to ask what do u guys think about the following 2 specs:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#cVf0zxgRiu0est0eVbo:V0c
    and
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?petcalc#mcd00bf00roMd

As u can see i have made my mind about using a silithid as my pvp pet.
    I would love to get some replys + and - about both specs, what would u change, or what would u do diffrent.
    Also if there are other hunters using silithids in pvp, pls give some inside info.

Thx in advance.
    Instincts - 85 Feral Druid
    Chaøs - 85 Warlock
    Bloodcrazed - 85 Enh Shammy
    Infectiøus - 85 Unholy DK
    Cryptstalker- 85 BM Hunter
    Bloodhaze - 85 Warrior
    Twodaggers - 85 Rogue
    Mindslave - 85 Shadow Priest

Re: BM PVP in 3.3

bump! ... common nobody
    Chaøs - 85 Warlock
    Bloodhaze - 85 Warrior
    Twodaggers - 85 Rogue

All your questions are dependant on this sole questions :
    Will BM be viable for PvP when 3.3 comes out?
    Well. No one knows. But :
    ls BM viable for PvP in the PTR currently?
    That is a hard questions for me to answer as I didn't get enough time to test that on the PTRs as much as I should have currently. But what I have seen from my testing and theorycrafting is that BM is kinda good WHEN you have about 600-700 resil and your pet becomes kinda tough at that point (talking about 3v3 ofc). Although BM can still use some buffs to become completly viable.
    But if you have lower than 600 resil (when your hunter is gonna ding 80) there is no chance for BM as your pet will be one shotted by some AoE or something and then your doom will soon come.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

I play bm hunter and have a 2k 3's team and here's my advice

If you want to do arena that isn't a great spec or great pet for it imo, i prefer corehound or maybe chimera. If you're planning on doing bgs i guess that an ok spec/pet I'm not an expert on what do get for bgs.

here's my armory if you wanna see what my pet/pet spec is for PhD 3's at 2k http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Tatumsquad

btw, I'm getting my second onehander next week so atm im using that pve staff with the weapon chain.

Beast Cleave ftw?

Anyways, you really really need imp revive pet. Like any BM PvP spec without it is going to fail miserably. And Glyph of Mending is pretty much useless though. I would suggest the disengage glyph.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Kolonelkitten

here's my armory if you wanna see what my pet/pet spec is for PhD 3's at 2k http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Tatumsquad
    Is 1k resi really needed to stand a chance?
    I mean ofc when i`ll ding i`ll be low geared pvp wise ... ofc i will farm all that honor to start with deadly/relentless... but still is 1k+ resi really needed to perform well as BM?
    Also i see u don`t have GftT i like the imp arcane shot talent too .. but is GftT shit as BM or what ( we have lower crit maybe?)?
    On a sidenote thx a lot for the responses
    Chaøs - 85 Warlock
    Bloodhaze - 85 Warrior
    Twodaggers - 85 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Anyways, you really really need imp revive pet. Like any BM PvP spec without it is going to fail miserably. And Glyph of Mending is pretty much useless though.
    I agree that disengage is important and as a logical option u want a lower CD on the ability .... but since i`m not taking imp revive pet ( i really don`t think i`ll have the time to ress my pet... so i going with the idea to not let him die)
    The incoming pet resi change + a 40% more powerfull mend pet sould make him be quite a hard rock to kill i suppose.
    Chaøs - 85 Warlock
    Bloodhaze - 85 Warrior
    Twodaggers - 85 Rogue

Mend pet barely heals for anything in an arena environment. And your pet WILL die, there is no way around it most the time. With only a 4 second cast time you can easily get a pet res off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Elementh
    Is 1k resi really needed to stand a chance?
    I mean ofc when i`ll ding i`ll be low geared pvp wise ... ofc i will farm all that honor to start with deadly/relentless... but still is 1k+ resi really needed to perform well as BM?
    Also i see u don`t have GftT i like the imp arcane shot talent too .. but is GftT shit as BM or what ( we have lower crit maybe?)?
    On a sidenote thx a lot for the responses
    For my 3's team I'm usually the one that get's targetted simply because it's easier to kill a hunter than a dk or holy pally or most teams.
    So I'm stacking resil and have the raptor strike glpyh so i wont get bursted by damn melee/wizard cleaves.
    For simple bg's while grinding honor you can stack ap and be fine, bgs aren't really about mitigating damage, theyre about dealing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Beast Cleave ftw?

Anyways, you really really need imp revive pet. Like any BM PvP spec without it is going to fail miserably. And Glyph of Mending is pretty much useless though. I would suggest the disengage glyph.
    i make my holy pally dispell/heal my pet whenever i have Lick Wounds on cool down. most Teams usually have a melee class burst down my pet, not put up poisons or disaeses.
    And I was using the disengage glyph until we hit about 1800 and people starting targeting me more, and my dk and I do a super peel move where he dg's from a long range and is disengage off in the oppsite direction. It's usually far enough so I can't even shoot them xD

It's suprising how much the Raptor Strike glyph helps against melee teams though.

GftT is definitely needed as BM, probably both points even.

Thinking that i will mostly do BG`s at least at the start after dinging 80 i don`t think i will need revive pet talent.
    But what about GftT? should i take 2 points out of there since with the low gear my crit will be like "very low" and take another point out of spirit bond and go for imp arcane shot?
    i am talking about this spec
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#cVf0zxtRiu0est0eVco:V0c
    Chaøs - 85 Warlock
    Bloodhaze - 85 Warrior
    Twodaggers - 85 Rogue

The real question here is will BM be viable in pve in 3.3

Well its viable NOW with certain comps, and its only getting buffed.