Stay with engi or drop it for JC

so here I am with a dilemma. Im leveling my undead rogue whos mining is 400 and engi is 375. now I havent played in over a year on my rogue so im not sure what would be more beneficial in the long run. Ive seen the different things you can put on your gear from engi but im just not sure. So should I jsut level JC and use the JC only gems which are great or use engi?

Re: Stay with engi or drop it for JC

As a Engineer and Jewelcrafter myself, i would recommend using the mining to obtain all the ores/bars/gems you need for power levelling JC with a top up from the AH when needed. I managed to do it for about 800g. All depends how much you like engineering.

As someone who had engineering since the early days in classic I was in a very similar boat. For years I was engineering/enchanting and as the engineering changes rolled out slowly and sadly I kept wondering if I was doing the right thing keeping it but keep it I did.

In the last few months I finally decided to drop it - as a MT it really wasnt adding any survivability or utility to my role within raids and that ended up being the major deciding factor for me so I dropped it for JC. Of course a week or two later they announced the coming changes (Dalaran AH access, Jeeves, etc).

Months later I'm pretty happy that I made the choice. I lost some toys and gadgets but gained awesome JC gems.

First, you have to look at what your class/spec is, and ask yourself if the self-buffs it brings are a plus or not. You also have to ask yourself if you are honestly using Saronite Bombs every time the CD is up to maximize the dps potential of them.

Second, are you in a "hardcore" raiding guild that requires both of your professions to be completely optimal for your class?

Third, enjoy the best of both worlds and use an alt to farm the ore. Unless your main -is- a DK, they work great for being farmbots, I have one with On A Pale Horse and permanent ghoul (for dealing with mobs while I mine/herb). Hunters or Demo locks work as well, but don't start at 55.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.