Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why enchanted is shafted

When i do a run for any reason and somone asks me to shard i tell them my rates are 1g per item sharded.
    Here is my logic

My main is an enchanter and miner
    my alt is a herber and alch

my crafting is set for flasks and enchants

when i need a glyph or a gem i farm a few stacks of the appropriate mat type and spam trade with

LF JC (or inscriber) to crush some ore (or herbs) for me

now usually i tip if they dont charge but most of the time it is around 5-10g charge
    this isnt even to cut the gems!!!

Through enchanting it gives that person the ability to pay for the mats im using MY profession to aquire

the de button favors others and kills my ability to make any money by crushing, outside of the occasional boe green spammer in trade

to clarify: i say before and after a group
    " i am an enchanter- greed for vendor or shards and trade me the item after the run for mats: my rates are 1g per item"

Anyone do something similar or feel pissed at the idea that you have to pay jcers and inscribers to crush but not enchanters?

Re: DE button unfair enchanting nerf?

there was JUST a thread on this

http://www.mmo-champion.com/professi...nting-changes/

PS i would find your system clunky and annoying and would not even bother. 1g for DEs? psh.

if you want to make money performing a service for others, don't roll enchanting. Enchanting makes money by surreptitiously procuring drops and DEing them in private, alone.

I would just kick you from the grp and get anyone else in, de or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    i am aware of this but maybe ill edit title to reflect how this is more of why enchanters got shafted for gold

LOL @ 1g charge, is that small amount worth the ill-will that you are bound to get from some people for doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by shadaki
    I would just kick you from the grp and get anyone else in, de or not.
    I would too.
    Screw all these people that consider it such a hassle to press a button.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    When i do a run for any reason and somone asks me to shard i tell them my rates are 1g per item sharded.
    Here is my logic
    You logic fails - you have been removed from the Group.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I have an enchanter, I never charge anyone .... seriously people pay you? `_` I'd just kick you as well ...

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Re: Why enchanted is shafted

id just have all roll greed and vendor the items rather than pay you 1g each time. Ench mats are cheap anyway so works out much the same.

Idk why yall are like omfg kick nao qq zomg!!!

It is a vendor roll

after the run on an INDIVIDUAL basis the people can trade me the item for a shard at 1g each

i dont force anyone to do ANYTHING but i still have to pay for prospecting and milling

If you could see "Wealth" tabs in statistics on the armory, I would show you what your little "nerf" is. If you have enchanting since WotLK started and didn't make atleast 200k with it total, than you just fail. If you make your money from robbing people of greens/ Soulbound Rares and Epics after instances and you can only make money from that... no comment.
    What about groups with no enchanters? They should be like: "/2 Looking for 2 more for daily HC need tank and Enchanter last spots" ?
    Enchanting is by far the best prof to get gold. And yeah, what shadaki wrote: I would just kick you and get someone else and I would also try to make it as hard as possible to find any group ever again.

You're completely wrong Killarth. Didn't you know? We enchanters aren't allowed to charge for services like everyone else.

It's funny.. people say 'why pay for something as simple as a button click.' But yet nearly -every- profession out there, requires you pay something.. i personally generally just ask for tips.. but the pure and simple fact is regardless of it being a nerf to enchanting's $$$ making ability look at it this way:

Enchanting is probably with Jewelcrafting the most widely used profession.. its used by every class, healers, dpsers, tanks.. doesnt matter, they all can get what they need from enchanting.. just like jewelcrafting.. so does it make sense that something so WIDELY desired, should be forced to cost so much? No.. the reason most people take a profession is for its convenience.. if you dont like the fact that you no longer make money with enchanting because of the 'nerf'.. then go pick up something else.. or is it that you want all the utility of enchanting.. but want to be able to make money too? qq moar imo..

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    Idk why yall are like omfg kick nao qq zomg!!!

It is a vendor roll

after the run on an INDIVIDUAL basis the people can trade me the item for a shard at 1g each

i dont force anyone to do ANYTHING but i still have to pay for prospecting and milling
    Charge for services, fine. How about doing it in trade like everyone else? Do people charge you 4g PER STACK of ore/herb? If so you're getting ripped off. That's how much you're charging 1g/click. Ridiculous.

I can't believe how greedy most people are in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    I would too.
    Screw all these people that consider it such a hassle to press a button.
    What about other people who charge money to make use of leatherworking, alchemy etc. they just push a button. You are not paying him for pressing that button, but for having leveled that proffession. He could as well have said nothing. I think he's right, because not only he is doing a job, where other profs would get payed for, he is also increasing amount of enchanting mats on the AH which causes a drop of prices.
    Thus every thing he DE's is gonna be cheaper. This is why I hate the group disenchant thing, its gonna make a enormous price drop in mats.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Quote Originally Posted by Drakuru
    What about other people who charge money to make use of leatherworking, alchemy etc. they just push a button. You are not paying him for pressing that button, but for having leveled that proffession. He could as well have said nothing. I think he's right, because not only he is doing a job, where other profs would get payed for, he is also increasing amount of enchanting mats on the AH which causes a drop of prices.
    Thus every thing he DE's is gonna be cheaper. This is why I hate the group disenchant thing, its gonna make a enormous price drop in mats.
    I don't believe in charging for milling/disenchanting/prospecting etc. Charging for making stuff is different as it takes effort to learn those patterns. Charging for trainer learnable crafts is iffy.

Here's a fun fact: I have EVERY profession, and I have charged someone for a craft ONCE. It was when I was one of 2 people alliance side to have the craft (I actually was the first, but didn't make any before the second guy got it) and I charged 10g, instead of 500g that the other dude was trying for.

I regularly turn down tips. I generally only accept them from people with stupid guild names, character names, or people who say "u", "thx", or "plz"

TLDR: I can't believe how greedy people are in this game.

Wouldnt you make more gold by greeding for disenchanting and doing it for free? A lot of the time everyone ends up leaving the group b4 rolling for shards and the chanter gets to keep all the mats. I would be more mad about that if I was a chanter cuz now it will be automatically passed out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Charge for services, fine. How about doing it in trade like everyone else? Do people charge you 4g PER STACK of ore/herb? If so you're getting ripped off. That's how much you're charging 1g/click. Ridiculous.

I can't believe how greedy most people are in this game.
    yes hey i was charged 20g for 2 stacks one time!!!!

I usually get charged 5g per stack and that is where my 1g comes from
    And incase you didn notice where all those disenchantable items come from.... MOBS where are mob? NOT IN DALARAN

i sell my sharding for a very cheap price (most usually make 5-10g per heroic or raid anyway!) and you dont have to use my services

i also find it funny how you dont believe in tips for crushing, did it cost you nothing or take no time to level your professions? Sorry 80 attack power isnt enough considering i spent 4000g to max enchanting. But according to you i should pay 50g per attack power extra i get.....
    ---

yes i do charge for reg chants too -5g per

If you go out of your way to DE something for someone, then sure - charge them for it. (For example, someone in /2 looking for an enchanter to DE).

BUT, if you're in an instance, there's absolutely no reason to charge other than greed. Those 4 people just helped you complete the dungeon - meaning you wouldn't have even gotten the shards had they not been there. Should the healer charge for each heal he tosses out? (Hyperbole, yes...but you get the idea) Everyone in the group deserves a fair share at the shards because they all helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Sorry, Killarth, but you must be doing it wrong if it's that much of an issue to level a profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    Everyone in the group deserves a fair share at the shards because they all helped.
    Umm... Not if I'm doing more DPS as the tank than those who are spec'd to DPS.