Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Lady Deathwhisper EU PTR Testing

I for one am glad the new boss model is Lady Deathwhisper. From reading the intro story I was thinking, "Ah crap its going to be a Grand Widow clone with cultists adds and maybe a harder hitting RoF", but the spells and abilities look promising.

Randomly spawning adds, green void zones, and MCs are nothing new, and from the look of it she is going to res all the cultists en mass like Neffarian (was an awesome fight in its time). Hopefully the adds will be tuned to be hard hitting enough to require interrupts and tank assignments rather than the usual round em up and AoE em down mentality that WotLK has indulged.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    Correction the 31 boss reference was never announced / leaked by any Blizz Blue post or developer it was data mined that there were 31 saved boss NPC Ids. Considering that since then we have discovered there will be 3x 5 man dungeons as well as council type fights and fake bosses (cultist adds / giant slimes with ?? levels) 31 ids may have been valid.

But in the case of the achievement Blizz is poking fun at data miners pointing out the last bogus hoax "uncovered" last time.
    You really got that confused. Back before Blizzcon GC made a mention that there would be a lot more bosses than ToC in the range of "31."

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...pC0KdPy74l#127

The WoW fansites went wild with the idea. and GC had to correct himself saying that there would not be THAT many bosses in ICC

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...1&pageNo=7#122

Deleted

That things FEMALE?

(Oh wait I see the boobies)

Finally a boss that actually looks interesting! As long as it doesnt suffer from Lord Jaraxxus syndrome (Looking at LJ's abilities it looks tough but its actually easy as shit), this fight actually looks quite promising.

@anyone who says mages just spam Arcane Blast.
    If I am not mistaken, one of the talents is bugged on ptr, so it procs Clearcasting all the time. That mage in the stream used the highest possible dps rotation - spamming Arcane Blast. You'd go oom in mere seconds on live like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    /sigh

another skeleton with chains, no more imagination Blizzard?
    oh yeah, now is a "she" I see....that changes everything -_-u
    Howabout you switch to some generic korean MMO? That way you'll get all the unimaginative, overly shiny anime bullshit art design you're so attached to.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrassBalls
    Howabout you switch to some generic korean MMO? That way you'll get all the unimaginative, overly shiny anime bullshit art design you're so attached to.
    Cause these mobs are "imaginative"?

The scary thing about generic Korean MMOs is that they are destroying western ones, including WoW, in what should be our field of expertise. There's dragons (the archetypal western fantasy creature) of a scale, size and quality that absolutely destroy the design and impact of Malygos, Onyxia and co. in 6 men instances in Aion.

Same goes for undead mobs. Go run M. Manor in Aion and compare that undead design with Icecrown - the korean MMOs are starting to look like western high fantasy, while WoW is stuck into its Cartoon Network "artistry".

3 things.

1. yay no more 1 tank encounters ;D

2.She has boobs O:! lol

3. I'd still hit her..
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    Cause these mobs are "imaginative"?

The scary thing about generic Korean MMOs is that they are destroying western ones, including WoW, in what should be our field of expertise. There's dragons (the archetypal western fantasy creature) of a scale, size and quality that absolutely destroy the design and impact of Malygos, Onyxia and co. in 6 men instances in Aion.

Same goes for undead mobs. Go run M. Manor in Aion and compare that undead design with Icecrown - the korean MMOs are starting to look like western high fantasy, while WoW is stuck into its Cartoon Network "artistry".
    Then go play Aion and leave us with our shitty, Cartoon Network WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    QQ AHOY, CAPPIN'!

Did you also not notice the way some players were evidently being turned into liches, some form of mind control as well? Or are you also a time traveler in addition to an idiot, and have already played through Icecrown? The Lich King battle is not giong to be unveiled publicly. When was the last time they -ever- did a PTR test of the final boss?
    This was the last time they did a PTR test of the final boss.

Creative director isn't creative anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthets
    Question is tons tons faster than doing instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igantinos
    still no rouges

Anyone check to see if DK Corpse explosion keeps her from rezzing her adds? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    Clearcasting is bugged on the ptr apparently. Why bother casting anything else but your highest damaging attack if you have no limiting factor?

Not to mention that most classes are pretty easy to play as dps.
    Hmm, that alone would make it worthwhile to download the PTR.
    Some PTR bugs can be quite enjoyable.
    Like the PoM Bug in the 3.02 PTR, ah the joys of endless instant Pyroblasts.

I personally like this boss, I understand the creativity seems off, but atleast the fight seems like a challenge to LEARN, a fight that can have a large variety of tactics to it(On hard mode that is). I really wish they did have more creativity with bosses as well though dont get me wrong....

Maybe a colossal Gluth, like a huge Cerberus like boss that you have to take down the feet then he falls over then you kill the head until he gets back up and resumes his attacks.

It would also be cool to see a fight against a powered up Geist that gets moves extremely fast, gets on the ceiling of the room and starts throwing random weapons at people then gets back down gets on someone's back to stab him repeatedly, summons more mini geists to kill the raid. Obviously Blizz doesnt listen to me but those are the types of fights that would like to see.

Arcane mages aren't about massive numbers of abilities it's about mana management to see how much arcane blast you can get away with without going OOM and timing non-synced cooldowns.

You'll do considerably more damage than mindlessly doing a 4xblast/missiles rotation if you see how much arcane blast 'spam' you can get away with which is the challenge of the spec, it looks mindless to someone who hasn't played a mage I guess. Definitely more thought provoking than fire which consists of dot, spam fireball, use proc, spam fireball with no mana thoughts.

Deleted

I noticed that you missed something.
    I tried to find the spells in the MMO-DB, but because I absolutely can't remember their name and couldn't find 'em in the newest IDs(from 70000 to newest :/), I can't link them :/

Now here's what we saw:
    The Cult Adherents and Cult Fanatics kill themselves and from those spawn the Reanimated Adherents and Reanimated Fanatics.
    Now what isn't written there, is that the Reanimated Adherents and Reanimated Adherents each have another buff. (which cannot be dispelled)
    Since I've forgotten the name and can't exactly remember the wording of the effect, I'll just say what I know:
    The Adherents get a permanent buff which makes them nearly immune to magical damage. (Lava Burst critting for 150 ftw)
    The Fanatics get a permanent buff which makes them nearly immune to physical damage.
    Both those buffs are applied as soon as the NPCs spawn.

As I wrote, I don't know the name of those buffs... so if anyone DOES know, please post it so others know more about the fight when it's on PTRs next week.

PS: We talked to a GM and he told us that A LOT of the abilities of phase 2 are still missing. Seeing as it was a pure Tank 'n Spank as soon as she reaches 0 mana, it's a rather good thing to know^^
    All in all a rather interesting fight and really doesn't deserve all those negative responses in this thread.
    PPS: To the above poster: About that Cerberus fight... you mean something like they did with XT? :P

EDIT: GOT IT!Adherent's Determination
    And: Fanatic's Determination

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    I About that Cerberus fight... you mean something like they did with XT? :P
    Actually not quite, more like Kologarn. I mean a giant Undead dog has 4 legs =P, so you can make all the 4 legs attackable, if you kill the ones on the front, he gets stunned falls over and takes double damage, if you destroy the ones in the back he stops doing Aoe stomp. When hes stunned, undead lab assistants come and try to put flesh back on the ceberus, you have to kill them before they get him back up. Just being creative here =P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosshadow
    Actually not quite, more like Kologarn. I mean a giant Undead dog has 4 legs =P, so you can make all the 4 legs attackable, if you kill the ones on the front, he gets stunned falls over and takes double damage, if you destroy the ones in the back he stops doing Aoe stomp. When hes stunned, undead lab assistants come and try to put flesh back on the ceberus, you have to kill them before they get him back up. Just being creative here =P
    Just wanted to show that what you want already exists in some way or the other ingame.
    And that's where we come to a huge problem some people in this thread have:
    They want creativity. They want something totally new and exciting for every new encounter.
    Problem is, that something that looks totally new and whatnot has elements of other, older encounters. Like your Cerberus-thingy. If Blizz DID decide to do such a boss, players would QQ that that fight has been fought before and bring up Gluth (model), XT (Heart -> 100% extra damage) or Kologarn.
    (Just see that as a random comment, it's not directed at you or anything^^)

Blizz gave people the bosses a to z...
    Now we have bosses that are something like aehstz and people complain that they're like a, like e, like h and like t.
    It's like... "O M G, BLIZZ FAILS SO MUCH! THIS NEW BOSS HAS HP AND MANA AND DIES WHEN HIS HP REACHES 0! THAT'S SO LIKE HOGGER, GIEF SOMETHING NEW!!!! YOU ALL FAIL!!?!?!?"
    Know what I mean?

Edit: Wanted to write that I found what I was looking for:
    EDIT:Adherent's Determination
    And: Fanatic's Determination

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Just wanted to show that what you want already exists in some way or the other ingame.
    And that's where we come to a huge problem some people in this thread have:
    They want creativity. They want something totally new and exciting for every new encounter.
    Problem is, that something that looks totally new and whatnot has elements of other, older encounters. Like your Cerberus-thingy. If Blizz DID decide to do such a boss, players would QQ that that fight has been fought before and bring up Gluth (model), XT (Heart -> 100% extra damage) or Kologarn.
    (Just see that as a random comment, it's not directed at you or anything^^)

Blizz gave people the bosses a to z...
    Now we have bosses that are something like aehstz and people complain that they're like a, like e, like h and like t.
    It's like... "O M G, BLIZZ FAILS SO MUCH! THIS NEW BOSS HAS HP AND MANA AND DIES WHEN HIS HP REACHES 0! THAT'S SO LIKE HOGGER, GIEF SOMETHING NEW!!!! YOU ALL FAIL!!?!?!?"
    Know what I mean?
    Yea I know what you mean, no matter how cool it is, its still an idea made up of many other ideas so people will still QQ(I still personally think its a cool idea imo, has the part where the undead lab assistants put back the flesh ever been done before?).

Lets see something that hasnt been done before... a boss that eats people oh wait...a boss that does a rain of infernals that dont move but just do aoe oh wait... a boss that summons a bunch of different weapons to attack you oh wait... a boss that turns people into another mob oh wait...

EDIT: that was a joke but fine ill make a really creative boss idea. How about a tall room that has spiral stairs to the top, there is hot water that is rising and a giant water elemental is in the middle of the room, adds come from the boss in the middle of the room and up the stairs slowly, tanks have to tank them, melee on the adds and ranged going up the stairs slowly so that the water doesnt reach them. The ranged have to kill the boss before they get to the ceiling of the room. That hasnt been done right? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosshadow
    Yea I know what you mean, no matter how cool it is, its still an idea made up of many other ideas so people will still QQ(I still personally think its a cool idea imo, has the part where the undead lab assistants put back the flesh ever been done before?).

Lets see something that hasnt been done before... a boss that eats people oh wait...a boss that does a rain of infernals that dont move but just do aoe oh wait... a boss that summons a bunch of different weapons to attack you oh wait... a boss that turns people into another mob oh wait...

EDIT: that was a joke but fine ill make a really creative boss idea. How about a tall room that has spiral stairs to the top, there is hot water that is rising and a giant water elemental is in the middle of the room, adds come from the boss in the middle of the room and up the stairs slowly, tanks have to tank them, melee on the adds and ranged going up the stairs slowly so that the water doesnt reach them. The ranged have to kill the boss before they get to the ceiling of the room. That hasnt been done right? >.>
    So, we're fighting a lame reskinned hydross with mechanics similar to firefighter/grobbulus where we only have a narrow pathway to kite through, lame adds that "add nothing to the fight", and a boss that has to be ranged tank which has been done ala capernian, gruul, illidari council, mimiron, where the room explodes like yogg/firefighter if we don't make the enrage.

Point here being that, what the guy 2 posts up said is correct. You can only put so many new ideas into a game before you have to reuse some of them, and once you do, the QQ'ers all crawl out of the woodwork. They will always find something to QQ about, no matter how good something is. Just don't feed the trolls and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.