Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solution for moonking rng dps

I think the best way to change the rng of the eclipse effect is by making starfire have a 100% chance to proc solar eclipse when it hits and wrath having a 100% chance to proc lunar eclipse when it crits. this would solve a lot of problems with certain guilds not accepting boomkins which is heard of because their dps is to rng based.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted

Re: Solution for moonking rng dps

You do realise this would be the most godly buff to give any class in wow yeah ???

10k dps inc, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nejo
    10k dps inc, lol
    Oh noes, would we be on par with rogues/warriors/hunters/mages/locks/dk's?

On a more serious note, I don't think that is really nes. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for some more gear to up your crit, although those freakraids always comes along where u crit 15-16 wraths without proccing eclipse - cry, move on =)

I stopped reading after, moonking.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Angry
    And yet still you managed to open the thread and write a comment in it?

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze

Moonkins are fine, bring the player not the class.

I'm always in top 3 DPS in 25s, with 6.5k dps on patchwerk-like fights

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Angry
    yet you still comment? it was a typo

then if this is the case then what is it that i hear of moonkins not being viable for 25s because their dps is too rng based and other classes can bring their buffs so they end up getting benched? i remember reading something about this on the ensidia forms by one of ensidias moonkins himself. im just trying to come up with a way to make it more sustained and not based off of luck
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted

Another original idea to fix moonkins. I can't believe nobody thought of this before..

RNG is an element of the game, and as you gear up, you get more crit, and you have less trouble with RNG. I usually dont go more than a handfull of seconds before i proc lunar eclipse, because of my crit, and so its practically at 100% anyways. Think about it - if it takes you 2-3 seconds to do a starfire, wanting it to crit so you can proc solar eclipse, then in that period, you can do 2-3 wraths that has the same crit chance. It more or less evens out.

This is simply in our talent to ensure some scaling. A Naxx moonkin would have been way higher if they procced lunar on every wrath crit. As you get better gear, it becomes less of a problem

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze
    We already are.

Deleted

That all ? If that was the case I'd deffo not bring you as a player..

Deleted

Be nice, Pol :P Its not like there are any Patchwerk-like fights we can use (lets start another Deconstructor discussion!). Actually, i think 6,5 is probably alright. Its been weeks since i got any upgrades (damn luck) and i am pulling 7k+ DPS in phase 1 of Northrend Beasts HC, sometimes 7,5k+, and i have upgrades to go for. If he is lesser geared, 6,5k is still decent

Ill just let it stay with "i am in the top 3-5 in the majority of the fights we do".

Deleted

haha , can't help myself sometimes :

But yeh RNG is part of the game nothing we can do (nor anything I'd want to do) to change that :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    We already are.
    the line u quoted was a response to his "10k dps", which we don't do, however a few of the classes I mentioned do.

However,
    Using some sort of system for utility+dmg = raidviabilty
    myeah, we're close, really not saying anything else, but we DO NOT come close to numbers some other classes do (played correctly, and yes I'd say I play more or less correct).

We bring ALOT of buffs/debuffs, but they can be brought by other classes, if you'd go for PROGRESSSSSSS, I still only see us as a viable replacement for spriests/elementalshamans, however, to replace an elementalshaman in the raid we'd need a demo-lock, with (so far) less dmg, higher sp-buff, no ankh but an ss, no totems (blabla) this is however not where I wanted to go, comparing other classes with eachother, yet that's what u have to do, justifying a moonkinspot.

I end up anywhere on the metres in the current content, but as it's been stated several times here, where u end up in YOUR guild doesn't tell us much.

Looking at dmg, we DON'T compete about topdps, now, do we compete with the others supplying our buffs/debuffs?

Spriest: yes. Elemental: myeah. Unholy DK: not in a million years.
    srry for the trainwreck.

And ofc, every specc can't be viable in competing about the topdps, if we want to, we can specc feral and compete.

Deleted

Oh.. my.. god, i am so tired of this discussion. Ill keep it short:

When i joined my current guild, i went from feral to moonkin. I was quite undergeared compared to my guild, and was a good 1,5k DPS behind everybody, as they were starting to work on the harder hard modes in Ulduar 25 (i was solely in 10 man gear, by the way). As i became equally geared to my others, i have not struggeled on the meters at all. These days, it has to be a gimick fight if i am not in top 5 DPS.

And yes, here comes the inevitable "Your guild sucks" comment, but it just doesn't hold water. I can't be playing with 24 retards if we are doing the hard modes we are. I dont really like to.. brag, i suppose.. but we finished Glory of the Ulduar Raider yesterday - sure, we have some 245 gear, but there are only 1200 guilds in the world that has done heroic GOTUR (and 13.000 that has cleared TOTC25 in comparason), so at the very least, i am playing in one of the top 1200 guilds. The "your guild members suck" argument simply doesn't hold water.

What is most realistic? That the people complaining about our DPS are the odd ones out, or that i just happen to play with mentally challeneged people that doesn't know their class, but somehow manage to clear all but 3 hard mode fights in the game (as of currently, Algalon, Twins 25 and Anub 25, simply because we haven't done them yet)? I really think its much less likely that the issue lies with my guild.

I really dont want this to be seen as a "look at me" post. But i am so tired of hearing the same old, whiny comments, when my reality is different.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    I think the best way to change the rng ...
    O.O

It appears I am quoted at the bottom of your sig, which kind of blew my mind. lol

Deleted

I am glad you ARE quoted in the bottom of his signature. No words can describe that story, man. Im still trying to wrap my head around so much awesomeness.

Deleted

I have to agree with Qieth I don't see my DPS in a bad place at all , I'm always trying to improve it and there's certain classes (fucking hunters) which just wont beat if they are on top of their game but it's in a cosey place at the moment... I never see myself outside the top 5 DPS wise and never see myself outside the top 3 damage done wise... I accept that some of the guild are retards (warlocks in full ilvl 245 doing 4k DPS....) but we've still clear'd a very acceptable amount of content, so they can't ALL be that stupid.
    The only thing I feel about it is if I was to play a mage/lock with my gear level I'd prolly put out more DPS but then that's cause I'm an elitist prick :P

Chicken's dmg is definitely RNG based but it never seems to be an issue in raid boss fights. Trash and bosses with low hp that die quickly it is annoying if you don't get as many eclipse procs as you'd like but in most raid boss fights this isn't the case.

this
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Lets not forget that Proccing Lunar eclipse IS RNG based, however you guys are only talking RNG in a bad sense, but very often my lunar procs on the first crit.... so why dont we mention that too.. Or if we're going to complain about RNG let talk about the fact that..... what if we just dont crit?

True Story, I have ~32% Unbuffed crit in moonkin and so about 70-75% crit chance during Lunar (Im using 4pc T9.25 instead of 2x8.5 but my dps went up 200 so im happy) anyways, So I had lunar eclipse procc'd and cast approximately 8 or 9 starfires and not a single one crit. LOL anyways that is my RNG story of the day, it only happened once, and I still ended up 5'th i believe on meters... usually top 3 though.

Oh wait "LOL Your Guild is BAD inc."

The only reason i could see a guild like ensidia running with a Spriest instead of a Moonkin would be that they had a SPriest in Classic/BC who didnt want to become a healer in place of a boomkin.

I mean... comeon Kungen is still a warrior... not a pally tank....

I mean.. maybe if i cried about our dps a bunch then blizz will give us free buffs, but clearly this just isnt the case. This is made evident by the no current changes being made to boomkins for ICC.

BTW everyone quotes the theorycrafting sources where boomkins are under hunters/mages/locks etc, however simcraft post like:
    http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...SampleOutputT9 only show DPS, and not Damage Done. Boomkins have never been the highest on the "DPS" charts, but we have lots of damage done, this is due to the dot's that are a crucial part of our damage. because of this we will always be lower on the "DPS" charts than arcane mages, fire mages, destro locks, and even hunters.

I wont go out and state that We do the BEST dps/damage done, but I will go out and say that instead of QQ'ing on here about it, go and improve yourself, and you will reach top 5, top 3, even sometimes top damage (with good RNG) done in your guild because we ARE capable of it. 7000-7500 dps on non gimmick fights is not hard to reach at all as a boomkin, just focus in your rotation, preempt your eclipses, ie- watch for Natures Grace procs in your buff bar, and if you see that your starfire in Lunar eclipse is going to land with your eclipse having less than 1 second left, start spamming your wrath in advance because you have a 75%+ chance that your solar eclipse will proc right away.

Little things like this improve your dps, learn them and im sure everyone will realize that we are much more competitive than mmo-champion gives us credit for.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance