Arena points question

Hi, I started a 2 v 2 with a Fury warrior recently. (Not aiming to gain rating, it's for fun and giggles so we go around in our raid gears :P)

ANYWAYS... we lost 10 out of 10 total matches, but today after server maintenance I realized that I received 261 arena points.

So here's the question.

1.Do you still gain points from having 0 rating?
    2. If I were to spend my rating (let's asume that I have good rating to do so) would my point be spent when I buy the gears? or does it remain where it belongs?

Re: Arena points question

1. you will get the same amount of points until you reach 1550 or somewhere in that region.

2. this question was confusing. Spend your rating? Your rating only changes according to wins / losses. you spend your arena points... arena rating is only there to limit which items you buy... and if you do buy an item the arena points go down but the arena rating stays the same. (because arena rating can only go down if you lose a match... and it will only go down when you reach 1200 or so... so it's easy mode until you reach there... then you have to play for higher rating)

Re: Arena points question

ah thanks.