Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How do i beat prot warrior with retadin?

another good tip from ur friendly neighborhood hunter:
    spa crusader strike judgement and divine storm use ur art of war to heal when u hit low health bubble like the pussy u are and then kill the rest of the warrior and while ur at it take a hunter on at the same time = always win.

Ok.. How to kill a warrior in.. 2 steps! :O

First step:
    You pick up your huge ass sword

Second step:
    You shove your huge ass sword.. into the warriors face

???

PROFIT!!!
    I've no idea what to write here.

my tip was better :O

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I'd use SoR actually so you don't get parried/dodged/blocked.
    SoV/Corr will still stack up when attacks are parried or blocked, isn't it better to have 100% sure damage(from the DoT) + a chance to deal additional damage on top of that?
    Unless the parry/block mechanic was changed and they no longer stack like that..

Also, you'll want to deal as much damage as possible during your stun, and try to force yourself behind him.

When stunned, or you're behind him, he won't avoid attacks.

Deleted

I'd use SoR actually so you don't get parried/dodged/blocked.

WTF?!?! Spacecow Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    SoV/Corr will still stack up when attacks are parried or blocked, isn't it better to have 100% sure damage(from the DoT) + a chance to deal additional damage on top of that?
    Unless the parry/block mechanic was changed and they no longer stack like that..

Also, you'll want to deal as much damage as possible during your stun, and try to force yourself behind him.

When stunned, or you're behind him, he won't avoid attacks.
    SoV can be dodged and parried even if the White swing lands- they are separate attack rolls.

Also, depending on his HP pool, you could have potentially more Burst damage using SoR.

SoV can be dodged and parried even if the White swing lands- they are separate attack rolls.

Also, depending on his HP pool, you could have potentially more Burst damage using SoR.
    That was hardly the point.. I meant that if SoV itself is parried or blocked(not dodged) they will still receive a debuff.
    I don't know if this still is the case, but it used to be at one time..

Regardless of their health, you'll probably do most burst by stacking it 5 times while surviving, popping wings, using Hammer of lol and using your stronger abilities..

Unless they're humans, they probably won't have their trinket equipped.
    If they do, you'll just have to find a way to trick them into using it.

I'd just roll a Death Knight and frost his ass to oblivion.. That's the most efficient way to kill a warrior tank.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    That was hardly the point.. I meant that if SoV itself is parried or blocked(not dodged) they will still receive a debuff.
    I don't know if this still is the case, but it used to be at one time..

Regardless of their health, you'll probably do most burst by stacking it 5 times while surviving, popping wings, using Hammer of lol and using your stronger abilities..

Unless they're humans, they probably won't have their trinket equipped.
    If they do, you'll just have to find a way to trick them into using it.

I'd just roll a Death Knight and frost his ass to oblivion.. That's the most efficient way to kill a warrior tank.

It used to be but no longer is- The application of the debuff and the 40% weapon damage when 5 stacked (a.k.a. the Seal Hit) can be dodge and parried.

I use SoR against normal Warriors (Furry/dis-Arms), and change it against stronger opponents if I need to.

pay him 50g to respec
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    You aren't likely to do it as Ret no matter how amazing you are.

LOL WHAT? seriously? No ret paladin should ever have a problem killing any warrior, no matter what spec he is. Sacred shield plus instant cast FoL is all you need to keep yourself alive while swinging away. Keep dancing to get behind him cuz no such thing as mitigation from behind. Use SoR or SoCorruption...hell ill even stick with SoCommand cuz ITS A FUCKING WARRIOR for christ sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorad

LOL WHAT? seriously? No ret paladin should ever have a problem killing any warrior, no matter what spec he is. Sacred shield plus instant cast FoL is all you need to keep yourself alive while swinging away. Keep dancing to get behind him cuz no such thing as mitigation from behind. Use SoR or SoCorruption...hell ill even stick with SoCommand cuz ITS A FUCKING WARRIOR for christ sake.
    i see u have no idea what u are talking about...

if we say the warr and the pally are at equal skill and gear...there is just no way for a retadin te kill a prot warr....or ant other melee class for that matter...even casters have a very hard time killing prot warrs...and that my friend...is a fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Umon
    i see u have no idea what u are talking about...

if we say the warr and the pally are at equal skill and gear...there is just no way for a retadin te kill a prot warr....or ant other melee class for that matter...even casters have a very hard time killing prot warrs...and that my friend...is a fact...
    your kidding right? like...haha i was just joking? I have never lost to a warrior 1 on 1, EVER.

ok, i practiced a bit with sacred shield and others that were mentioned (went to bg. hard to go around finding target in field when people are busy with ToC :P)

sacred shield + aow proc was awesome. dmg reduction + instant self heal!
    I think i need an addon to keep track of sacred shield though. i sometimes didn't realize that i ran out of it.

i didn't have much time to try with seals so i am going to try that today.

also i have difficulty maintaining at 8~10 meter (or is it yard) range for my judgement, but i am sure i can grasp on it as i practice.

i tried different judgements, but i do think i need a macro to use different judgement at different times. (1 for judgement A, ctrl 1 for judgement B, alt 1 for judgement C)

Quote Originally Posted by Aesis
    I think i need an addon to keep track of sacred shield though. i sometimes didn't realize that i ran out of it.
    Classtimer. Once you set it up, it'll show when you have an AoW to use and the duration on your SS.

As a sidenote: In world pvp on a pvp server (say, when mining), I've had the best luck against prot warriors when I didn't even bother attacking them at all. Literally, I turn my back to them and Judge. I only attack them directly when I know I can get behind them (after a HoJ, for example), and then it's nuke time because they only have potions and bandages. Regardless, against any tanking spec you're in for a long fight. Fortunately, survival is the core of being a paladin, so make sure you use ALL of your stuff.

And, speaking as someone who happens to mine in prot spec now and then... my shield > any ret paladin's face.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

bubble hearth log off and qq about prot pvp beign op in forums.....

oh wait

You could L2Play, that helps.
    WOW, so much information in so few words.

The biggest problem I see new-age paladins encounter seems to be what their class was originally intended to be.
    The King Turtle.
    By that I mean, that Paladins these days seem to be having alot of problems against people who just tries to outlast them by playing defensively.
    All these shiny "push button do damage" abilities seems to have clouded the vision of the Palawans, and they have lost sight of what truly makes a Paladin a fearsome opponent.
    When a Paladin doesnt want to die.. He wont.
    If someone tries to play the Defensive card on you as a Paladin, it shouldnt bring frustration to you, no.
    It should make you grin widely as you have just managed to lure that player into fighting you by YOUR rules.
    Pop on a shield.. Switch to SoW.. Limit yourself to Judgements and Heals.. You will find that no defensive player will ever be able to outlast your heals and meager yet seemingly infinite 5k manapool.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

well first off. use kings. make sure you have sacred shield. judge light. and use AoW for FoL ONLY. make sure when you stun he dosint have reflect up. and save repentance for heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

chuuuuuuuuuu

I play arena only for fun and do it with 0 res and even without a trinket.

So In my low bracket I encountered a Prot warr (his teammate's class escapes my memory). After some time we found ourselves 1v1 since both our partners were dead. Warrior used his regeneration thingy to get to 100% and I healed up. So our play began...

At first I went head on to him only to find out that while I could bring him 10% doen he would bring me to ~40% hence I trew away this tactic.

Then to get back my health I started to run around, across, around again the crypt thingy in Lordaeron ruins. I found out that he couldn't get a single hit on me like that since I was mostly out of LoS for charge/intercept and when i wasn't SS took care of it. So I waited for my wings CD and unloaded it on him bringing him down to 35% and then just slowly wore him down.

TLDR:
    Kite,
    If on open field you might be screwed.