Warrior or Paladin tank?

I was wondering what makes a better all around endgame (mostly heroics until I get the hang of it) tank? I asked on the WoW forums and it seemed to be a 50-50 split as far as I could tell, then it turned into a no your just a but hurt pally/warrior arguement. Paladin seems easier to level up, but I'd like to give warrior a try. Only thing is I die a lot more as a warrior then with any other class I've ever played. Note: Im not going to level as Prot for either spec, but when I get to Heroics and up I'll be switching, seeing as how I've played plenty of DPS classes and wanna give Tanking a try.
    Also if this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry just had no idea where else to put it.
    Discuss? Pros vs. Cons of both?
    Thanks

Re: Warrior or Paladin tank?

I have a protadin, but I'm leveling a warrior just to have that flavour as well.

^same.
    I love playing my prot pally, and its always nice to be able to heal if you want or need, but Ive played a prot warrior a bit and they are pretty fun. Devastate is honestly pretty satisfying to use. Pally= Oh no! Hot ground! Warr=BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Herkaleez
    I was wondering what makes a better all around endgame (mostly heroics until I get the hang of it) tank?
    Paladins are definately a lot easier to play than Warriors(speaking as a Protection Paladin). You can go full out from the beginning, which is great for heroics where people just want to burn through the mobs.

You've also got some powerful defensive cooldowns, although there's some small nerfs coming up. Ardent Defender can be very nice while you're still learning your way, and you've got two taunts both with a short cooldown.

On top of that, Holy Shield is great mitigation in heroics where mobs don't hit that hard.

The worst part about Paladins is that you've only got two (long)cooldowns to counter spells, and only one if the target is immune to Silence --- Avenger's Shield and Hammer of Justice in case you didn't know(can use Holy Wrath on Undead too, of course).

And if you're off-tanking without taking any damage, your mana will go down quickly if you don't know how to manage it. Also, Mana- Burns/Drains are very bad.

And of course, Paladins have only got a 15% (talented)speed boost, where Warriors got Charge and Intervene. This can prove to be a pain if you're trying to learn the Vezax fight(although I guess most people are just nuking him and healing through the enrage now?)

Oh, and Paladins deal spell damage that ignores armor.

--

I guess it's really up to personal preferences though. I tried tanking with a friend of mine's Warrior once, and while there was a lot of stuff to do compaired to my Paladin, I'd never consider rerolling for the things I mentioned above.