15+ Year Old Account

Anub'Arak 25H - Restoration spec

Hi mates...

I see many Restoration Druids choosing [Glyph of Healing Touch] and [Naturalist] for the Anub'Arak encounter in Trial of the Grand Crusader (25 player) for healing Penetrating Cold, and I was wondering if it beats our Nourish? Nourish's HPS, MPH and critt chance is much more great than Healing Touch (glyphed and talented), but it's said HT is alot more effective during this encounter because it's not depended of healing over time spells and it's very fast.

I would like to give it a try, but how would the talents be and is it really more effective? Share your experience and facts

Re: Anub'Arak 25H - Restoration spec

Hello
    I wouldn't expect HT/glyphed with both talents would come close to nourish on Hps/mana... but then its been a long long while since I tried that spec... but if I remember HT was doing slightly less than nourish without hots... cant remember mana cost ( that was at start of wrath) not sure how things changed with a lot more SP

tbh I haven't got any experience of the fight so cant help you there... but going to take a guess that the healing needed is so much that hots have become less effective ?

guessing talents would be something like...
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...T-XV,QtN,10676
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

15+ Year Old Account

I suppose that you do have time to cast Rejuvenation or Regrowth on your targets, so you can heal 20% more with Nourish, but then casting those healing over time spells takes more time, and you need to remember your x2 targets takes constant damage, and needs to be healed really fast. Besides leaving healing over time spells on the targets after Penetrating Cold is gone, seems like a waste, since it means more health for Anub'Arak.

The HT spec is only for P3, you shouldn't ever hot anyone in P3 other then the tanks at the start of P3, you wont get another chance to do it unless one of your targets can get rid of the debuff, its to much healing to the boss. The only reason why druids spec into HT is because of how fast it is and because it doesn't rely on Hots to reach its full effect. If your Nourish cast isn't at 1 second or less with haste, without the effect of Nature's Grace, it isn't fast enough. I mean 1 second flat, not 1.2 not 1.1, 1 second. If its any more then that you'll lose people in p3 to the Penetrating Cold. And further more you don't want it to heal for more, you don't want it to crit more because its just going to heal the boss more, you need to heal just enough to keep them alive and nothing more, you don't top them off you heal as the ticks roll and when its gone you stop and let them drop back down.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...K,QpNORH,10676

This is the spec you should be running with, you don't want Nature's Grace because you should already be haste capped with the HT glyph. Completely unbuffed I'm sitting at 2700 spell power and 519 haste which puts my HT down to a .8 second cast coupled with the gcd its at 1second on my second target. The only thing in p3 that a druid or priest assigned to the Penetrating Cold should worry about is the targets they are assigned to. I run with 2 full time Penetrating Cold healers, both of which are druids, and a disc priest that heals the 5th target and shields the raid. Granted you can use frost pots to negate the first tick, but that's just an unnecessary crutch that you cant always rely on.

So if i understood this correctly you only use 3 healers for the Pc?
    It is a bit different from our strat we use 5 for PC.

As stated above the only useful thing about 0.8s HT is the speed, HPS and mana efficiency are meaning less in p3, it is impossible to run oom in that fight, as druid.

On my Anub specc i specc Celestial Focus.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kasinus

As stated above the only useful thing about 0.8s HT is the speed, HPS and mana efficiency are meaning less in p3, it is impossible to run oom in that fight, as druid.

If 3 healers can do it, then you can have more DPS

Yea ofc you can have more dps when you take less Healers. But we always playe it save and didnt had a problem with enrage timer on our kill, only our first real attempt was a wipe due to enrage. But was easy to squeeze out the needed time.
    And we have all healers expect paladin and Druid DPS in phase 1.

15+ Year Old Account

Yea ofc you can have more dps when you take less Healers. But we always playe it save and didnt had a problem with enrage timer on our kill, only our first real attempt was a wipe due to enrage. But was easy to squeeze out the needed time.
    And we have all healers expect paladin and Druid DPS in phase 1.
    You got it at least, which is most important :]

We used 4 PC healers in our first kill, moved to 5 ever since because we weren't having a DPS problem. I honestly haven't tried glyphed/specced HT in that fight, and I have no plans to until we get Insanity.

What I use (and I idle in my Anub spec as it is fine for other fights) is this.

The fact is, Nourish is slower than a glyphed/specced HT, and less predictable, as it crits more which leads to varying cast times and possibly too much healing. For a healer with quick reflexes and decent computer and internet, however, it works just fine.

My concern is that glyphed HT won't do enough healing, and I have honestly just been too lazy to test it. I would probably use a spec like this if I were to.

I also have a question: why spec into Living Seed? It's useless for anyone who isn't being beat on by something (which is the majority of the raid).

15+ Year Old Account

I guess it's still great for before phase 3, but what would you take instead anyway?

perfectly fine raid healing build assuming a good bit of haste, proper raid buffs, and T9-4pc. Was using this or something similar before we had made it to H-Anub.

Looking at parses in the past I had found that Living Seed had accounted for about 1% of my healing, all of which was on tanks. This is godawful for three talent points, especially because it gives no other utility (compared to the minor damage reduction from Natural Perfection, or the haste from Celestial Focus), and didn't need to be done anyway as our tank healers were perfectly capable.

Well tbh i should try an hybrid specc dps/healing, cause most of the time i dps anyways, the 2 paladin can easily heal p1+p2 when the PC ppl get hot'ed.
    I call my anub specc my retard specc, i even drop swiftmend, GOTEM,Nature's Bounty sounds reatrded but never seen it having made a difference.