Warlock/paladin vrs Warrior/shaman help

Me and my partner are at 1760 but just can't get to 1800. The team we are always facing is warrior/resto-shaman and we just can't seem to win. Between the mortal strike, the spamming of tremor totem, and the warrior's ability to get out of fear I can not get away. We use freedom every cooldown, portals during his spin, kicking the hexes and everything but we just can't outlast it.

Any pro-tips?
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Re: Warlock/paladin vrs Warrior/shaman help

I currently have a similar problem, just posted a thread too. I feel your pain.
    I don't think it's possible when you face a team that knows how to play. The class design really play in their favor.

Hope someone have an answer for you(us).

My friend and i thought something. Every time you're near the "next step" in rating, you'll always face a team that's almost impossible to overcome.

That's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by poir
    I currently have a similar problem, just posted a thread too. I feel your pain.
    I don't think it's possible when you face a team that knows how to play. The class design really play in their favor.

Hope someone have an answer for you(us).

My friend and i thought something. Every time you're near the "next step" in rating, you'll always face a team that's almost impossible to overcome.

That's weird.
    Lol we played 5 of these in a row. It was terrible, and it was on small maps like RoV that are just a big circle. I couldn't escape anywhere. I could port away and then just have to run around the edge and he'd just charge me from the cent over and over again. There was no peel, only him running right behind me and hitting. If we stunned and I got away he be back in 6 seconds. Fear was not an option.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaju
    I manage 1800 easily with paladin/warlock combo. R.Shaman/A.Warrior is the worst counter (any dps R.Shaman is hard), but their are very few of them so its no that bad. He farm double dps teams, DK teams, Priest teams and H.Paladin teams.

Only chance to win is to outplay them. You have to get a surprise kill with paladin helping with hammer of justice + Damage.
    Yeah, until this point I've been affliction but I just changed to destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaju
    If you are affliction with > 2500 spell power, with all dots on the warrior and shaman, they will be in trouble if you manage to get a spell lock, kill tremor with pet + HoT, Hammer of Justice then Deathcoil on the R.Shaman.

You need a alot of coordination with our teammate.
    I have like 2700 spellpower and I always have on dots but my healer is like "Your dots don't do enough, they tickle, we can't outlast". And he constantly wants me to go destro, which I really don't think will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Yeah, until this point I've been affliction but I just changed to destro.
    Destro will probably be more risky with spell reflect my lock and I ran h-pal destro to 2100 and went to 2200 with affliction. That team was our bane it was hard to beat but Vaju probably had the best strat just try and get your pally to stun + dps exor->hshock is decent damage if it crits. Another thing is I bounced between prot and holy even though prot is being nerfed soon you can try it out its definitely more offensive but I tend to miss HS.

I also play Lock/Pala in 2v2, with me as Lock.
    My stats are (sulfbuffed with Fel Armor duuuh)
    3100 Spell Power
    24% Crit
    980 Resilience (over 1k soon)
    26.3khp

Facin this setup from 2k-2.3k MMR so, no noobs

Of all the setups out there, i hate this one the most.
    My win lose is prob around 50% against this setup. Likely even lower.
    But here's what i do. First of all, go Demon Armor to get 20% more healing from ur
    Pala's heals, corruption and Haunt.
    => its important to try n keep haunt on someone constantly, both for the damge and the selfheal from it.
    Now, Tremor Totem is a bitch now that pet stompin doesnt work.; so, Hex is a 45sec CD CC. After he used it, ur pala is free to for 45 sec to go n destroy Tremor Totems for you. Then get a fear on the Warr, he will pop Bers. Rage to get out of it, but after the 10 seconds of immunity (u can time this with an addon called Afflicted 3) he is Fearable for 20 seconds. So get ur fears rolling on him then after Tremor got smashed and after Berserk. Rage.
    This for gettin a break from the Warr.

Try and kite the Warrior away from his Shaman (btw, felhunter NOT on shaman! cuz of water shield) then DoT the warrior completely. This will either for the Warr to LoS u and intervene to his Healer, or the Healer havin to come in the open and so vulnerable to your DoTs. If the Warr goes n intervene to his shaman, get Freedom and rush into'em, dont let them get topped, its important to keep pressure upon the Shaman, use Howl of Terror if needed to interrupt any heals from goin out.
    If the shaman comes out its pretty easy, DoT him up, if u see him popping Groundin Totem, just cast CoA again and it will get grounded, then get UA and Haunt running, Fear him 3x => important that u try n time these fears so that there is not 1 moment of not bein CCd, cuz then he wil Riptide or NS + Heal = 100% HP!
    Death Coil, Spell Lock (=doesnt even has to be while casting) and HoJ of ur paladin. Perhaps Avenger Shield if he is Prot, if not, then Exorcism + Holy shock to help on dmg.

So basicly, u mainly wanna go on the Warr with fast and effective switches on the Shaman. Leavin the shaman only but healing and sumtimes helpin the Warr out with DPSin such as Lava Burstin will drain his mana pretty fast. So its important for u to send ur Felpuppy on him if he'd go n drink, if needed give Freedom to the Pet. Or have ur Pala keeping him in Combat. Freedom is needed for this as he will ghostwolf, and u most likely got hamstring/wtfcantmove totem on u etc.

This is how i usually do it. As i said, its not 100% win, by far not if the Warrior has a brain. You can also just try n keep dots on Warr running 24/7 and Drain Mana the shammy everytime u can.

But then again, its still a Warrior with berserk. rage and bs and a shaman with tremor. So defo a challenging match

shaman healers should be pretty easy to run oom. TLDR everything but Liberty is right about.... everything and basically make the sham heal as much as possible by dotting both of them up and pressuring the shaman until he is oom and then just completely ignore him and have your pally keep him in combat with taunts so that he cant drink and there is no way he'll keep the warrior up with a full stacks of dots on him. Trick is to get the shaman oom and then dont touch him. GG. make sure to hit mana tide totem with searing pain because even after the "great big buff" to the totems health it can still be 1 shotted by pretty much everyone. Just remember that warriors are not "immune" to fears. They can be feared, it just takes some work.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

it's not the comp, it's you
    you're just not countercomping someone,
    so you're losing
    "Attractive blonde Rita Skeeter, forty-three, whose savage quill has punctured many inflated reputations…"