Thread: Input on bm.

Input on bm.

Hey guys im looking for info on bm... Im going to switch bm because our ret pally just quit wow for a lil to handle rl issues, i pull about 6.5k dps or higher depending on the fight and buffs.. if full buffed I could pull 7k as surv...
    but I was thinking Id help out the guild if I were to go bm and get the 3% damage buff for the raid I was thinking that would help out more instead of me losing 1-2k... so saying that any help on gems, glyphs, spec, and pet? Im thinking as bm I would at least pull 5k and I got the gun from ony 25 which I figure is one of the best for now until I get weapon from togc 25

yes I know of elitistjerks but I cant get on the website for somereason...

Re: Input on bm.

BM isnt too too bad. I probably would do the same in your situation. Although its several thousand behind on the spreadsheets, when playing its not as great of a difference because your pet accounts for more of your damage, so player error has less of an impact.

I know as BM you want to always gem AP because it transfers to the pet very well.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ctbMz...t0ecoZx00b:VAi

http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#cubz0scz0hoRb

shot priority:

kill > arcane > multi > SrS > SS

turn off your pets growl (obvious reasons) but also cower so it wont waste a GCD on it

also make sure call of the wild is turned off (save it for boss fights) and make a macro to use it when YOU want to instead of when "fluffy" wants to :P

as stated before, gem AP as opposed to Agi but continue to use the Agi/crit bonus meta as you normally would

use the +10 stats gem to activate the meta, but use it in either a blue or yellow socket that you need the bonus for (Agi, AP, or crit)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Its a good spec. But whoever Balanced the DPS Between MM/Surv and BM should get a pay cut until its Balanced. (I am placing bets that they wont buff it because Beast Cleave had a chance in PVP (Damn PvP nerfing PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Its a good spec. But whoever Balanced the DPS Between MM/Surv and BM should get a pay cut until its Balanced. (I am placing bets that they wont buff it because Beast Cleave had a chance in PVP (Damn PvP nerfing PvE)
    meh... BM isnt so bad
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian
    BM isnt too too bad. I probably would do the same in your situation. Although its several thousand behind on the spreadsheets, when playing its not as great of a difference because your pet accounts for more of your damage, so player error has less of an impact.

I know as BM you want to always gem AP because it transfers to the pet very well.
    With the new pet scaling in 3.3, you'll want to go to agility.

That may take some time though, and I am aware of that.

My brother is usually BM for raids because my paladin is tanking half the time.

He pulls around 5k dps and gives us a nice buff

Plus he has a nerdgasm every time he can use a T-Rex
    Then Rhonin went down to Blackrock Depths, killed Emperor Dagram Thaurissan, and fathered the heir to the throne of Ironforge with the extremely grateful Moira Bronzebeard. But he wasn't done yet; the Dark Iron Dwarves were doing the bidding of Ragnaros the Firelord, so Rhonin went down to Molten Core and beat the crap out of everybody.

"TOO SOON," bellowed Ragnaros.

But Rhonin was all: "It's never too soon to party, Rhonin-style."

And then he beat Ragnaros to death with his own hammer, because Rhonin is the only Mage who ever had the mad skillz to train two-handed maces.

On the way out of Blackrock Mountain, Rhonin went to the spire and pwned Nefarian. He saved Vaelestrasz the Red, and the two did a celebratory chest bumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizesu
    With the new pet scaling in 3.3, you'll want to go to agility.

That may take some time though, and I am aware of that.
    nah ill probably stick with AP as BM.... both my pet and i crit a decent amount as is... *shrug*

plus i get more AP from AP gems than i do from AGI gems which (at least for now) seems to get the job done for me

also, being BM... my ferocious inspiration and frenzy (for my pet) is constantly up
    ^win