Sub-Race suggestion

Hello there fellow World of Warcraft gamers. I have a little suggestion.
    What about.. Sub races? I mean i personally love it, like for instance Neverwinter Nights have, WoW could have

Alliance
    Elf: Night Elf or High Elf
    Dwarf: Flesh Dwarf and Iron Dwarf (if they became nice in a way)
    Gnome: Flesh Gnome and Mechagnome

Horde
    Orc: Orcs whose drinked Mannaroth's blood and normal orcs
    Troll: Amani Troll, normal troll and Drakari Troll
    Tauren: Tauren and their cousins Tunka

I guess i could go on, but i think the idea is great, just some of these won't exactly fit in with some equal lore behind it

Discuss! - Please don't flame : <

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Sub-Race suggestion

I want a Fel Orc

That's what fel orcs are

10+ Year Old Account

I know I was agreeing

Might have to be careful with some of these, because they may be fundamentaly different. High Elves and Night Elves I think are too far separated to be considered sub-races of the either. Night Elf to Highborne, may be appropriate. Same thing with the Fel Orcs, I think they are too far removed and mutated to be functional, but the Mag'har would be very approriate. Iron Dwarves may not be, but Wildhammer dwarves would work, etc. Also consider the racial abilities, and you would have to ensure that they would work for both. Back to the Elves, shadowmeld would be wholy inappropriate for a High Elf.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Meh, not too keen on it. First of all, it'd have to be something you could do for all races, and secondly, your chosen "sub races" are, for the most part, far apart enough evolved to be entirely separate races (such as the elves). They wouldn't function the same, and then we just have too many racials and whatnot.

Just give all races more skin colors and be done with it.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

There's also some question about starting areas and the like. Why would a Drakari Troll be beginning her adventuring career in Durotar? The Drakari have no real ties to the Horde, why would this character care whether the peons were working or not. Same with High Elves. Why would they be hanging out in Teldrassil? No one even likes them there.