Leveling my Death Knight - Any improvements I could make?

Ok, so I'm unable to hold back my urges and made myself a Death Knight, it's currently lvl 71.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...enor&n=Sasunoo

I'm leveling as blood and it's not too slow to level as... But since I don't have too much experience with Death Knights I'm looking for some advice from some¨Death Knights who's actually able to play.

So, any improvements I could make? (involving everything) If you've got something that might help, spit it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Leveling my Death Knight - Any improvements I could make?

Best to replace the Def gear for DPS gear, focus on Strength more than Attack Power.

other than that you're doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arphalas
    Best to replace the Def gear for DPS gear, focus on Strength more than Attack Power.

other than that you're doing fine.

So my spec is fine?

Well, the Def is just a side-effect of having poor gear compared to the quest reward gear.

The quest gear just happened to have def while almost all of the other stats were crushing the stats of my previous gear.

Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

If you manage to get 2x1h BoA swords(leather shoulders+chest for hit are also a big +) from Bages/WG vendor go frost and faceroll everything in your path , atleast I did so , without having any problems .

If you're using the rotation of:

IT->PS->DS->HS->HS
    or HS->HS-DS
    or have death strike anywhere in your rotation, as you should. You should get improved death strike. I would take vampiric blood over mark of blood too. Lastly, I find unholy complements blood more than frost. Imp IT is not really good for you, the extra RP is excessive, and black ice only really helps your death coils. Aside from that, the rest of the spec is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    If you're using the rotation of:

IT->PS->DS->HS->HS
    or HS->HS-DS
    or have death strike anywhere in your rotation, as you should. You should get improved death strike. I would take vampiric blood over mark of blood too. Lastly, I find unholy complements blood more than frost. Imp IT is not really good for you, the extra RP is excessive, and black ice only really helps your death coils. Aside from that, the rest of the spec is pretty good.

My current rotation is; IT>PS>HSx2>DS>HSx4
    And I use DRW when RP is full.
    Same with Death Coil if DRW is on cd.

Which talents in Unholy should I invest in, instead of Frost?

I wouldn't say your spec is 'fine' so much as I would say 'it's fine for what you need it for'.

If you really want to have an easy, efficient, badass time leveling your Death Knight, swap out your Glyph of Heart Strike (unless you PvP a lot, in which case swap out the Death Grip one) for Glyph of Death Strike, spec into improving it, get rid of the idea of having Black Ice (Blood specs do VERY little Shadow and Frost damage, it's mostly melee) from the Frost Tree, pick up the Minor Glyph of Raise Dead (Removes the reagent cost), and maybe start down the Unholy Tree. Death Strike will sustain you far better than Improved Rune Tap, and it will do a lot of damage and not eat your diseases. Of course, still keeping Improved Rune Tap would greatly increase survivability against elites and bad situations.

If you decide to move down Unholy, first tier is your choice between either 5% dodge, or 3% spell hit/dispel resistance (big help in PvP) and the small amount of crit and damage to Plague Strike. After that, Morbidity and Ravenous Dead until you can spec into Necrosis.

When I leveled as Blood, I solo'd every quest that didn't require instances, all of the way to 80, and then most of the post-80 group quests.

Also, for leveling, Vampiric Blood is a very nice emergency cooldown. It's only one point, and you're that far down the tree already.

Grats on getting a Blue weapon though. Too many bad DK's nowadays using 3.1 speed Green Polearm of the Whale.

Good luck and safe travels.
    Quote Originally Posted by wvx
    If you manage to get 2x1h BoA swords(leather shoulders+chest for hit are also a big +) from Bages/WG vendor go frost and faceroll everything in your path , atleast I did so , without having any problems .
    Frost is the worst spec to incorporate Death Strike into. I highly suggest you abuse Death Strike as long as you can, and avoid advice that gives up on it. It heals you while you damage others- it is the definition of easy grinding. In emergencies you can forego two of your Heart Strikes for another Death Strike provided your Diseases are up for another 15% of your max health. Very nice when you're low or PvPing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Death Strike will sustain you far better than Improved Rune Tap, and it will do a lot of damage and not eat your diseases.
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I say you can go dualspec Unholy, it is easier with a pet and you don't really need all the survivability Blood gives, unless of course you want to kill 4 mobs at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlusted
    I say you can go dualspec Unholy, it is easier with a pet and you don't really need all the survivability Blood gives, unless of course you want to kill 4 mobs at once.
    Im actually in the same boat as the OP. Rolled a DK on Friday and just hit 71 last night. I did try leveling as unholy. And it just didn't work. Way too much down time and deaths due to accidental pulls.

As blood I can pull 5 mobs with ease and come out with more HP than I went in with. Blood just makes the whole proccess much smoother and easier.