Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: [My Raid Idea] The Grand Observatory

bump
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU

Bump

This is the last bump i'm doing unless someone replys, no point keeping this up if no1s reading. :-[

I'll bump for you then, I like the idea. WTB Next boss! :<

-credit to Rayde

I'm afraid that the only new boss I've thought up is the new 1st boss which i won't be posting anytime soon. Thanks for your support though. If you like i could post some "new" stuff I originally wrote about the 3rd bosses zone and trash, although I never got round to writing up a boss fight I did actually write some stuff about the area before I decided to redo the whole raid.

Sadly college has gotten pretty intense of late and between that and my WoW playing, which is far more casual than it used to be in any case, I haven't been able to really sit down and progress the instance. I'm only just finishing the new 1st boss :-\. Hopefully I can find some time soon though.

I'll keep this post updated and bumped seeing as people are still interested.

Well here it is, what I did of the 3rd boss area and trash. I never really spell checked or refined the formate of this section as I had decided not to keep going with this version of the raid, this means there may be some errors in here. However, here it is. Hope you like it!

===================================================

Removed

added a link to here into the OP. anyone want to comment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_9QhRzJEs

talk to me! No1 got anything to say about the new addition?

bump

Bump

Give me a...

B!

10+ Year Old Account

I've been reading up on your raid, just still iffy on it being a titan based one again. I like it though; it makes me think of a more "exotic" based Ulduar-lite.

You just double bumped your own post. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by DI\\//INATION
    I've been reading up on your raid, just still iffy on it being a titan based one again. I like it though; it makes me think of a more "exotic" based Ulduar-lite.

You just double bumped your own post. ;D
    Double bumped? I've been bumping it periodically and repeatedly for awhile now ;D

As to your point, I like Titan lore and I absolutly loved Ulduar, I decided almost before I began this project that I wanted it to be Titans rather than anything else. However I'm not in it to remake ulduar just with less bosses, the overarching story is significatly different to Ulduars and I am taking my time to make the bosses as interesting as I can.

10+ Year Old Account

I think after this you should concept a whole new raid, but one of your OWN thoughts and ideas of lore, flavor, mechanics... you obviously have what it takes to be a developer.

Quote Originally Posted by DI\\//INATION
    I think after this you should concept a whole new raid, but one of your OWN thoughts and ideas of lore, flavor, mechanics... you obviously have what it takes to be a developer.
    That is high praise much appriciated, thank you. Once this is done I may well do another raid with a different theme but I am very much a "cross that bridge when I come to it" person so we'll see how life pans out. My current dilema is wether or not to post up my new version of the raid or weather to keep it under wraps and present it to blizz ???

Looks amazing, hope that you send it to blizz and they will make it.
    Picking PM request.. ONLY with screen(s).
    Some of my work: http://photobucket.com/Drathir

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    Do you work for blizzard?
    If yes:
    You realize you can get fired/sued potentially for leaking this info?
    IF no:
    FUCKING APPLY, NOW.

Holy crap dude!

I've had a few instance ideas myself, but never gone ahead with it this far! You planned out all the bosses, with original and exciting mechanics to put Yogg-saron to shame to boot, and made it all lore-filled and well-presented. Kudos to you my future raid-design-team friend! I hope Blizzard finds this, and names some kind of rare spawn after you in the instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan
    Inscription: Flying Parchment: Similar to Flying Carpet, only it looks like the Constitution

I never thought I'd get round to really documenting my ideas but I'm very glad I have and very thankful for all the positive support I've recieved. I just finished the new 1st boss and so after I've done some RL stuff I'll start work on refining the Starlight Atrocity idea, That bad boy definatly stays in.

maths h/w sucks >

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    Do you work for blizzard?
    If yes:
    You realize you can get fired/sued potentially for leaking this info?
    IF no:
    FUCKING APPLY, NOW.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctity
    maths h/w sucks >

bump
    do your homework and then make moar bosses mkai? (dont use drugs)